Windows 10: What's the easiest way of intentionally corrupting / deleting system32?

Discus and support What's the easiest way of intentionally corrupting / deleting system32? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is in a vm for testing purposes. submitted by /u/Blainezab [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Blainezab, Mar 9, 2020.

1. What's the easiest way of intentionally corrupting / deleting system32?

/u/Blainezab, Mar 9, 2020

2. XP Help! System32

hey guys,
    i have windows xp professional sp2 and my trend micro is telling me that one of the files in it is corrupt. I tried to quarantine it but that didn't work and even tried to delete it but that didn't work, because it said that it was being used by a user

-the name of the file is
    geBtUMCt.dll

firstly im wondering if this is a neccessary system32 file and if it is smart to delete it or not....

secondly how am i suppose to get rid of the generic trojan on it, or delete it if i can

- thanx for all the help

saadzaman126, Mar 9, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 9, 2020
  4. What's the easiest way of intentionally corrupting / deleting system32?

Family Safety on Windows 10 Child Account permanently out of time

Hello,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. As you have tried different troubleshooting steps with no avail, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C: > open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

What's the easiest way of intentionally corrupting / deleting system32?

1. What's the easiest way of intentionally corrupting / deleting system32? - Similar Threads - What's easiest intentionally

2. Whats the easiest way to use google apps on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whats the easiest way to use google apps on windows 11?: I am using windows 11 and want to use google/android apps on the PC without having any third party involved. how is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-easiest-way-to-use-google-apps-on/05461b07-d96c-48e9-a0b7-cb30a3c7c9cb
  3. Whats the easiest way to use google apps on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whats the easiest way to use google apps on windows 11?: I am using windows 11 and want to use google/android apps on the PC without having any third party involved. how is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-easiest-way-to-use-google-apps-on/05461b07-d96c-48e9-a0b7-cb30a3c7c9cb
  4. Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?: I'm lost! theres plenty of options:Whats the difference between creating a system image, system repair disc, copy and paste my file manually to a flash drive, and click on BACK UP from file history?...
  5. Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?

Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?: I'm lost! theres plenty of options:Whats the difference between creating a system image, system repair disc, copy and paste my file manually to a flash drive, and click on BACK UP from file history?...
  6. Easiest way to restore a deleted \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpda te?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easiest way to restore a deleted \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpda te?: I just recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Was going through the registry to tweak a few things as I've done in the past when I fat-fingered the del key, wiping out the entire branch of \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate. Perhaps not...
  7. Easiest way to restore a deleted \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpda te?

Easiest way to restore a deleted \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpda te?: I just recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Was going through the registry to tweak a few things as I've done in the past when I fat-fingered the del key, wiping out the entire branch of \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate. Perhaps not...
  8. Easiest way to reinstall window?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Easiest way to reinstall window?: Over the past few months my PC has had some really weird issues. I don't think these are an effect of a virus, I have run full scans using Windows defender, Malwarebytes and Bitdefender and haven't found anything that could have caused these issues. Because of this I am...
  9. What's The Easiest Way to upgrade Windows 'C' Drive??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What's The Easiest Way to upgrade Windows 'C' Drive??: I have a measly 500Gb SSD 'C' Drive (Desktop PC), which has W10 on it and other general stuff. It's getting full. I just purchased a new 1Tb SSD. What's the easiest most painless way of swapping out the OS onto this new larger SSD?? I do have a backup of W10 current build on...
  10. What is the easiest way to change the CASE of existing text ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the easiest way to change the CASE of existing text ?: Hello In Windows10, what is the easiest way to change the case of existing text that I have selected? For some time now I have used Ditto as a paste buffer and which a brilliant way of giving you a chose of recent things you have copied. You CAN change the case too but...