Windows 10: What's the latest on 1809 update KB 4489899?

Discus and support What's the latest on 1809 update KB 4489899? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The past weeks I read about audio problems after installing KB 4489899, but has it been re-released meanwhile and is it now safe to install? The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by win10trial, Apr 19, 2019.

1. What's the latest on 1809 update KB 4489899?

The past weeks I read about audio problems after installing KB 4489899, but has it been re-released meanwhile and is it now safe to install?

The version offered to me through WuMgr is:
    2019-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4489899); Security Update; 12.03.2019

The strange thing is (to me at least) that Windows Catalog says it’s meanwhile replaced by 4490481, which again is replaced by 4493509 – which has problems of its own: Microsoft confirms two Known Issues for recent Windows 10 updates - gHacks Tech News

My situation:
    Stand-alone Windows 10 Pro 1809 (new install), now on build 17763.316

:)

win10trial, Apr 19, 2019

2. Failing to update these KB 3135782, KB 890830 and KB 3135173

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

From your issue description, I understand that you are facing issue in updating windows updates. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Click on search bar next to Start Menu.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Windows Update

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter. Restart the PC and check.

If the above steps doesn't work, try the below automatic Windows troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems with installing updates
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-10

If the above steps doesn't work try the below.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to manually reset the Windows update components and check if it helps.

Reset Windows update components.

Resetting Windows Update Components will fix corrupt Windows Update Components and help you to install the Windows Updates. Please follow the below steps to reset the Windows Updates Components manually:

• Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
    • Stop the BITS, Cryptographic,
      MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
      • net stop wuauserv
      • net stop cryptSvc
      • net stop bits
      • net stop msiserver
    • Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and
      Catroot2
      folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
      • ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
      • ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
    • Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic,
      MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the
      ENTER key after you type each command.
      • net start wuauserv
      • net start cryptSvc
      • net start bits
      • net start msiserver
    5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it.

Now you may try running the Windows Updates and check if the above steps resolve the issue.

For reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry
    incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry,
    click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/)

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 19, 2019
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Apr 19, 2019
  4. What's the latest on 1809 update KB 4489899?

Update KB 3081441

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to Run the Windows update Troubleshooter and then try to install the app and check if it helps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click
      Fix problems with Windows Updates.\

I suggest you to install the updates once again and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081444

Hope this information is helpful, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

What's the latest on 1809 update KB 4489899?

1. What's the latest on 1809 update KB 4489899? - Similar Threads - What's latest 1809

2. Latest kb update blocks STEAM CLIENT LOG IN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest kb update blocks STEAM CLIENT LOG IN: Today My rig got two KB update. It cuased Steam client and even browser steam log in to FAIL. As i am an xperienced windows user i deleted the two update and after restart all went back to normal. My last 20 experiences with windows update cuased either way smaller or bigger...
  3. 1809 KB Issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1809 KB Issues: I seem to be having issues with this KB update. Right now, i am running a sfc/scannow to see if is something missing files in the system. [img] Also i have been trying to update the system to 1903, but seem to get stuck using the older version of 1809. 136591
  4. Mouse and keyboard randomly freeze after latest Windows 10 update (version 1809, KB 4494441)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard randomly freeze after latest Windows 10 update (version 1809, KB 4494441): After recent Windows 10 update (I'm on version 1809, update KB 4494441) - occassionally, mouse and keyboard simultaneously freeze. The image keeps moving (e.g. mouse cursor is showing loading, or browser tab shows loading), but I cannot move/use either. I have looked at Event...
  5. the latest feature update 1809 *2*

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the latest feature update 1809 *2*: hello, i want to make update 1809 for windows 10 iam download " Create Windows 10 installation media ' from this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10and install now , photo > https://e.top4top.net/p_1135n2ez81.png Am I right now? Make it...
  6. the latest feature update 1809

the latest feature update 1809: Hi , I've been wanting to update my Windows 10 to the latest version 1809 and when this update was completed 100 downloads https://a.top4top.net/p_1135qrkc81.png He told me to do a restart for the device, and when the machine restarted I opened the update program again and...
  7. What KB Number fixes Windows 10 1809?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What KB Number fixes Windows 10 1809?: What KB Number fixes Windows 10 1809 early Oct Release? I know I know, just click Check for Updates, but what is the actual number, just curious? I'll need to dig out my machine and watch to see which one comes in when I Check for Updates, but want to be prepared with a...
  8. What KB Number fixes Windows 10 1809?

What KB Number fixes Windows 10 1809?: What KB Number fixes Windows 10 1809? I know I know, just click Check for Updates, but what is the actual number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-kb-number-fixes-windows-10-1809/2e63418a-1316-4da2-814b-aa5f620a1050
  9. Latest 1809 update

Latest 1809 update: 2018.11.14 Friends, I installed the latest 1809 update yesterday and it deleted 99% of my download folder. Before this update series was suspended a couple of months ago, an update deleted the contents of both my documents and downloads folders. Luckily I have backups...
  10. The Latest update-1809

The Latest update-1809: Whilst not considering myself to be anything other than a computer user, rather than an expert or even anywhere near an advanced user. It might seem that I might just have done the right thing, by taking some advice long ago, and having Windows and very little else on my C...