Windows 10: Whats The Maximum Ram My System Can Run?

Discus and support Whats The Maximum Ram My System Can Run? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Specs are Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz 3.19 64Bit base processor windows 10 Im Wondering if a 16gb ram Would be alright to run on my Pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by XxFlutterShyX3, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Whats The Maximum Ram My System Can Run?

My Specs are Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz 3.19 64Bit base processor windows 10

Im Wondering if a 16gb ram Would be alright to run on my Pc

:)

XxFlutterShyX3, Jan 12, 2019
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Whats The Maximum Ram My System Can Run?

Office And Light Gaming Build

There's nothing wrong with the build, but I have some suggestions to, IMHO, make it better:
    • You list a 550 watt PSU, but you have a 51 watt CPU and a GPU that pulls 120 watts at the max. In other words, your system will pull under 200 watts at maximum load, which it sounds like will be rarely. PSU's are most efficient between 50-80%, and even at max load, this system won't reach 50%. Suggest a PSU 400 watts or less, like the Seasonic G-360.
    • RAM's really cheap. Suggest getting 16 GB instead.

thebluebumblebee, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Whats The Maximum Ram My System Can Run?

1. Whats The Maximum Ram My System Can Run? - Similar Threads - Whats Maximum Ram

2. System RAM memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System RAM memory: Hello all; ever since I have had this computer, I built it, I have had the problem of only being able to use 1/2 of the RAM installed. I have looked up ways to fix the problem with no solution. My motherboard is a MSI B75MA-E33 and I looked up what RAM was suggested for this...
  3. Any program that will help my ram memory to run better ? because most of my ram is used...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Any program that will help my ram memory to run better ? because most of my ram is used...: 30 or 40% of my ram is being used for no reason if i'm staying on my desktop with all programs closed this is why my system is very slow , in much cases , and my specs are : i7 7500u 2.7 up to 3.5 ghz , nvidia 940mx gpu with 2gb , hdd 5400 rpm 1 tb . I using my laptop also...
  4. Maximum usable RAM in 32 bit W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Maximum usable RAM in 32 bit W10: I have a DELL Optiplex 7010 which was bought with W7 32 bit OS. I used the MS free upgrade to W10 Pro 32 bit. I have recently upgraded to 8GB of RAM, however although 8GB is detected apparently only 3.5 GB is usable. I have updated bios etc to latest. Having read...
  5. What games can I run with these specs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What games can I run with these specs?: What games can I run with these specs? Playable games and I don't worry if I play at the lowest settings in game. Thanks!! [img] [img] PS : I know the driver date is old of the graphics lol , I will upgrade to version 15.33.36.64.4226 or to the latest version...
  6. What is the correct Maximum Processor Frequency Setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the correct Maximum Processor Frequency Setting: I was looking at the power settings and saw the Maximum and Minimum Processor Frequency Settings were both at 0 MHz which is the default setting when Windows 10 was installed. The computer is running fine and fast but I wonder what the best setting would be? Thanks. 86343
  7. 4gb ram 1.94 usable already unchecked maximum memory

4gb ram 1.94 usable already unchecked maximum memory: intel i5 lenovo 3491-A1G nvdia quadro 500gb hard disk drive windows 10 x64 says 4gb ram but 1.94 useable and in BIOS is says 2048mb ram installed please help me fix this problem. i have already unchecked maximum memory but it stayed the same and still only 1.94gb...
  8. What RAM should I add to my Win10 System?

What RAM should I add to my Win10 System?: Hello dear fellow members, I want to speed up my Windows 10 computer. I have little clue about what to pay attention to if I buy extra RAM. What RAM should I add to my system? And in what slot should I place them? I now have: 2x 2GB DDR3 240-pin DIMM at 1333 MHz (...
  9. Windows 10 Home - What is the maximum RAM it will address?

Windows 10 Home - What is the maximum RAM it will address?: Hi there! I have a couple of systems running Windows 7 Home Premium and I can't go past 16 GB of RAM. *Mad What will the deal be with Windows 10 Home? Thanks! 6707
  10. The file cannot be run at system startup but can be run manually.

in Windows 10 Support
    The file cannot be run at system startup but can be run manually.: I need to use Task Scheduler to run a .vbs file with highest privileges at system startup. The following are my settings. The file is not run at system startup but can be run manually in Task Scheduler. Can anyone help? [img] [img] [img] 72008