Windows 10: Whats the "Microsoft Hardware" folder in Documents - and how do I get rid of it

Discus and support Whats the "Microsoft Hardware" folder in Documents - and how do I get rid of it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been trying to clean up and streamline my workflow. Step one is de-cluttering my Documents folder. I've found a folder in there called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zipro, Jan 30, 2019.

1. zipro Win User

Whats the "Microsoft Hardware" folder in Documents - and how do I get rid of it

Hi all,

I've been trying to clean up and streamline my workflow. Step one is de-cluttering my Documents folder. I've found a folder in there called "Microsoft Hardware". What is that? How can I get rid of it? I really don't appreciate it when companies end up putting stuff in my private folder that can't be removed easily.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

zipro, Jan 30, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Jan 30, 2019
  4. marinro Win User

Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Whats the "Microsoft Hardware" folder in Documents - and how do I get rid of it - Similar Threads - Whats Microsoft Hardware

2. How do I get rid of these folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of these folders?: This is Windows 11 problem. OneDrive is showing multiple folders that will not let me get rid of them. When I click to open, if shows an error that the folder isn't there anymore. How do I get rid of these folders?...
  3. How do I get rid of these folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of these folders?: This is Windows 11 problem. OneDrive is showing multiple folders that will not let me get rid of them. When I click to open, if shows an error that the folder isn't there anymore. How do I get rid of these folders?...
  4. What is this icon and how do I get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this icon and how do I get rid of it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OkMeasurement420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uc2g6v/what_is_this_icon_and_how_do_i_get_rid_of_it/
  5. How do I get rid of OneDrive and save all the documents in it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of OneDrive and save all the documents in it?: I really cant stand OneDrive and Im full now. I really didn't want this but now it seems like some files are on it. How do I get that files that are only on it (and know which ones they are) and transfer to my computers harddrive and then delete or shut down OneDrive...
  6. What are these files, how do I get rid of them

in Windows 10 Support
    What are these files, how do I get rid of them: [img] !5 of these files suddenly appeared in Explorer. They seem to consist of a large number of zeros. The have been very difficult to delete and after I succeeded they all reappeared again. I got them into the Recycle Bin and instructed it to empty everything. What are...
  7. what is "Trojan Win32OccamyB" and how do I get rid of it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what is "Trojan Win32OccamyB" and how do I get rid of it?: what is "Trojan Win32OccamyB" and how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-trojan-win32occamyb-and-how-do-i-get-rid/7bfbf41a-8d6a-4006-b623-2c2673f5b4c1
  8. what is this and how do i get rid of it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is this and how do i get rid of it.: how do i uninstall this? https://twitter.com/KidozyGAME/status/1184926861551382530/photo/1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-and-how-do-i-get-rid-of-it/f8214419-e8c6-49f2-9b90-b7ac466a3fcc
  9. How do I get rid of Microsoft teams?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of Microsoft teams?: Title of the thread basically. Even if I uninstall it, it returns back in the next reboot like a virus! For now I have disabled it in the startup. But can i remove it for good? 136809
  10. What is this "feature" and how do I get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this "feature" and how do I get rid of it?: I just rebooted my computer (updated to W10 about 2 weeks ago), and now all of the sudden it wants me to enter a password, for some kind of Microsoft account – this is before I can get to my desktop. They do cleverly tell you how to reset the password at live.com, and I do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft hardware folder in documents

2. whats the micrsoft hardware folder for

3. what is the microsoft hardware folder

4. documents folder microsoft hardware