Windows 10: What's the optimal page file size on a 16GB RAM?

Discus and support What's the optimal page file size on a 16GB RAM? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! What's the optimal page file size to allocate on a 16GB RAM? I'm more into gaming and I read a lot of stuff about increasing the page file size to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vincemeister55, Sep 11, 2020.

1. What's the optimal page file size on a 16GB RAM?

Hi! What's the optimal page file size to allocate on a 16GB RAM? I'm more into gaming and I read a lot of stuff about increasing the page file size to prevent crashes but really don't know it's functions. Some say set the minimum and maximum to 16GB but I noticed I lose those GB space on my hard drive.

submitted by /u/vincemeister55
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vincemeister55, Sep 11, 2020

2. Page File After Just Upgrading to 16gb of ram

HI All

Had a few questions, right now the page file is system managed on my C:\ SSD drive, just recently upgraded to 16gb of ram, is there anything I need to do to optimize performance of system, and optimal page file config?

First time having 16gb of ram in any of the household systems, so just checking on things to make sure all good

Screenshot - 002a9397090aaa694e28b943f5d67301 - Gyazo

Thank you all in advance

AMDMan2016, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Damocles Win User
    Page file size?

Well, I have 16GB of RAM so my page file is turned off. Less reads and writes to an SSD drive and system is faster since it's (let's say) forced to use RAM.

Damocles, Sep 11, 2020
  4. psyko12 Win User

What's the optimal page file size on a 16GB RAM?

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

What's the optimal page file size on a 16GB RAM?

1. What's the optimal page file size on a 16GB RAM? - Similar Threads - What's optimal page

2. Why does Windows keep on increasing size of a Paging file even on a system with 16Gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows keep on increasing size of a Paging file even on a system with 16Gb RAM?: Hi, I use a laptop with 16Gb RAM running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I read many articles and posts that with a lot of RAM you don't really need a page file and it can be disabled. There are posts on Microsoft forum itself which say that we must have page file for Windows to...
  3. Why does Windows keep on increasing size of a Paging file even on a system with 16Gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows keep on increasing size of a Paging file even on a system with 16Gb RAM?: Hi, I use a laptop with 16Gb RAM running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I read many articles and posts that with a lot of RAM you don't really need a page file and it can be disabled. There are posts on Microsoft forum itself which say that we must have page file for Windows to...
  4. Why does Windows keep on increasing size of a Paging file even on a system with 16Gb RAM?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Paging file size in windows 10 for 4GB RAM.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Paging file size in windows 10 for 4GB RAM.: Hi, What will happen if I exceed recommended paging file size in windows 10 ? Will it cause harm to my pc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paging-file-size-in-windows-10-for-4gb-ram/abc100de-06c5-42b8-a3d1-0aa8d6bc59c7
  6. 16Gb RAM on Ideapad?

16Gb RAM on Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  7. 16GB Ram for Ideapad?

16GB Ram for Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  8. 16GB RAM, no paging file set

16GB RAM, no paging file set: From time to time I get thrown out of an online game. COD Warfare. I have 16Gb RAM and have turned of the paging file so that everything runs in memory and is much faster. Any risk of losing data is accepted. I can only find reference to a solution that relates to...
  9. RECOMMENDED PAGE FILE SIZE FOR 4GB RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RECOMMENDED PAGE FILE SIZE FOR 4GB RAM: Anyone point me in the right direction on a read about this please. TY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recommended-page-file-size-for-4gb-ram/3c3bc12e-71fe-4447-a87b-046de76fbfb3
  10. Page File After Just Upgrading to 16gb of ram

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Page File After Just Upgrading to 16gb of ram: HI All Had a few questions, right now the page file is system managed on my C:\ SSD drive, just recently upgraded to 16gb of ram, is there anything I need to do to optimize performance of system, and optimal page file config? First time having 16gb of ram in any of the...