Windows 10: Whats the optimal shared system memory for my laptop???

Discus and support Whats the optimal shared system memory for my laptop??? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,I have a Dell Inspiron.Intel i7-5500U CPU 2.40GHz8 GB RAM64-bit operating systemTotal Graphics Memory 4181 MBVRAM 128 MBShared System Memory 4053I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sharooq Ahmed, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Whats the optimal shared system memory for my laptop???

Hi,I have a Dell Inspiron.Intel i7-5500U CPU 2.40GHz8 GB RAM64-bit operating systemTotal Graphics Memory 4181 MBVRAM 128 MBShared System Memory 4053I would like to know if i can lower my shared system memory and increase my VRAM and how much system memory is recommended for my spec.Somebody please help me out.[Moved from Gaming and XBOX]

:)

Sharooq Ahmed, Aug 27, 2021
  2. Callender Win User

Wise Memory Optimizer (Sharing an experience)

FYI: I use something else.

Whats the optimal shared system memory for my laptop??? [​IMG]

Most people like to say that these types of software are "snake oil" and are of no use but I find that my system runs much better.

I personally exit these types of program when doing data intensive tasks like installing windows updates.

Callender, Aug 27, 2021
  3. And8717 Win User
    System Shared Memory

Hi,

I have this issue:

I installed a new GPU on my PC (GeForce GTX 1050 Ti) and after that my System information has changed so..

Before:

Installed Memory (RAM): 16.00 GB

After:

Installed Memory (RAM): 16.00 GB (7.95 GB usable)

Now I have 2 questions:

• is possible decrease or disable the Shared System Memory? (I can't from bios)
    • in my video card info the Shared System Memory amounts to 4070 MB where are the others 4 GB of my RAM..
      why only 7.95 GB usable an not 12 GB?

Thanks a lot

Andrea

And8717, Aug 27, 2021
  4. Whats the optimal shared system memory for my laptop???

Wise Memory Optimizer (Sharing an experience)

Update

I asked the developers to add the RAMMap functionality, so that both RAM and Standby RAM were dealt with. This morning they did it. Squeaky wheel...

The Pool Man, Aug 27, 2021
Thema:

Whats the optimal shared system memory for my laptop???

1. Whats the optimal shared system memory for my laptop??? - Similar Threads - Whats optimal shared

2. Shared System Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared System Memory: Hello,I updated my pc From windows 8.1 to Windows 10 10240 because I am still running an HDD for Boot-up. One thing I noticed was that before installing the Graphics driver the System shared memory which is half of your RAM 4gb = 2gb shared memory is 7GB because I have 14GB...
  3. Shared System Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared System Memory: Hello,I updated my pc From windows 8.1 to Windows 10 10240 because I am still running an HDD for Boot-up. One thing I noticed was that before installing the Graphics driver the System shared memory which is half of your RAM 4gb = 2gb shared memory is 7GB because I have 14GB...
  4. Shared System Memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. What's going on with my memory - 16GB system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What's going on with my memory - 16GB system: I have a couple of tabs of chrome open and some apps, memory says 60% used of 16GB, try to open anything else and have memory error. Tried to launch a game with memory being used at 40% and error. Previously the game ran if memory was 70% used. Somehow I'm not able to fully...
  6. What's the most reliable system optimizer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the most reliable system optimizer: Currently using Ccleaner but not satisfied with it Any other recommendations? Just be light and helpful for optimization submitted by /u/hard2resist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5g37x/whats_the_most_reliable_system_optimizer/
  7. Wise Memory Optimizer (Sharing an experience)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wise Memory Optimizer (Sharing an experience): Greetings, With my typical tasks I can manage Windows 10 on 8Gbs of RAM. However I have noticed that if I don't keep an eye on how much RAM and Standby RAM are in use -- things will get a little jittery as it begins to max out. This topic when I was a Mac user is as...
  8. optimize drive / optane memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    optimize drive / optane memory: 16 gig m2 ssd optane memory / 1t HD (spinner) /500gig ssd I was trying to manually optimize the drives and ran into a snag. D: drive optimize (trimmed) successfully but c drive says optimize not available. C is coupled with the optane in as a dynamic drive. How do I...
  9. Windows 10 sharing system memory dGPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 sharing system memory dGPU: Hey Folks I have done a clean install of windows 10 also I have checked BIOS but still cant get my head around why windows is sharing system memory with my dedicated GPU which already has 8gb I have 8GB system Ram And 4 of that is being allocated to GPU which I have no...
  10. What is System and compressed memory ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is System and compressed memory ?: Why it's taking 380MB of my memory ? Does it important or there is a way to disable it ? 44359