Windows 10: Whats the Point ? what do you want to open this file with

Discus and support Whats the Point ? what do you want to open this file with in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am a long time trying to get an answer to this question. Every time I start my laptop I am presented with a list of programs, which asks, what do you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by juan2go, Dec 11, 2018.

1. juan2go Win User

Whats the Point ? what do you want to open this file with

I am a long time trying to get an answer to this question.
    Every time I start my laptop I am presented with a list of programs, which asks, what do you want to open this file with
    IT NEVER LETS YOU KNOW WHAT FILE IT IS.
    How are you supposed to know what to pick?. Any other other system at least tells you. but I feel it is too much to ask the end-user to hazard a guess, it really is like what you would expect in a competition.

And I can't believe no one has not seen this before. so my question is what do I do @@@?
    I am not into checking all the files to possibly find it, Isn't that meant to be handled by the program itself

I look forward with interest to an answer

Thank you

:)

juan2go, Dec 11, 2018
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Dec 11, 2018
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Whats the Point ? what do you want to open this file with :)

jaydeee, Dec 11, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Whats the Point ? what do you want to open this file with - Similar Threads - Whats Point open

2. what application asks the user what do you want to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what application asks the user what do you want to do: Elderly person needs to have the option of "what do you want to do" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-application-asks-the-user-what-do-you-want-to/7c75846b-7b2f-4d4e-8330-b1518f2f66f7
  3. what application asks the user what do you want to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what application asks the user what do you want to do: Elderly person needs to have the option of "what do you want to do" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-application-asks-the-user-what-do-you-want-to/7c75846b-7b2f-4d4e-8330-b1518f2f66f7
  4. how do you want to open this file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do you want to open this file?: every day at 8:00 PM i get a pop up how do you want to open this file? its very annoying how do i get it to stop showing up every day submitted by /u/JamesLPYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v5q11h/how_do_you_want_to_open_this_file/
  5. How do you reset a file to what it originally opened with?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you reset a file to what it originally opened with?: so I was messing around with some files and accidentally changed a GMPU file to HTML file and am not sure how to fix it, the only problem is I don't know where the original file was located, if anyone can a: tell me where I can find the Java file. b: tell me how to reset it...
  6. How do you want to open this file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you want to open this file: Hello all, Earlier I installed WPS and then I uninstalled it later. But some of it's files are still in the PC which is very annoying. For better reference to the problem I am attaching the screenshot. [ATTACH]...
  7. How do you want to open this file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you want to open this file?: Every time after booting my desktop, this "How do you want to open this file?" message appears. I have no clue, what kind of file this message talking about. Help me out.[IMG]...
  8. "Do you want to open this file" nonsense.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Do you want to open this file" nonsense.: Hey Forum Folke, Windows 10 has a lot of annoying habits, and I'm finding new ones all the time. This particular one is driving me nuts: I have a bunch of .gif files stored locally on my hard drive. Every time I double-click on one of 'em to open it, I get prompted with...
  9. what do you want to open this with? on %APPDATA% on run?

in Windows 10 Support
    what do you want to open this with? on %APPDATA% on run?: As the title says I recently installed Acronis true image, upon reboot i got the black screen of death, no bios ..nothing... i had to strip the GPU out - blow the dust off and it started up but this time 2 problems so farall my torrents say ERROR CANT OPEN TORRENT FILE even...
  10. "Do you want to open this file?"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Do you want to open this file?": Every time I want to open downloaded from internet image file I receive a warning message "do you want to open this file?" which makes me crazy.Is any way to disable this,PLEASE? 27759