Windows 10: What's the Point? Win 10 BSOD's out the gazoo .. back to Win7

Discus and support What's the Point? Win 10 BSOD's out the gazoo .. back to Win7 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After installing the free Win10 on my 8yr old pc and updating all the drivers I could find, it seemed to be stable for a couple of weeks. Then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sambocaesar, Jan 17, 2016.

1. What's the Point? Win 10 BSOD's out the gazoo .. back to Win7

After installing the free Win10 on my 8yr old pc and updating all the drivers I could find, it seemed to be stable for a couple of weeks. Then I started to get BSOD's, about 4-5 a week, for no apparent reason, other than browsing the internet or watch videos, and often doing nothing but sit there or just refreshing emails in my email client. I've changed video cards, and reseated memory sticks, tested memory, refreshed drivers, etc. Here is the list of BSOD's that have incurred (some on more than one occasion):

* DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    * CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (CNG.SYS)
    * IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    * FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_AGE
    * MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    * SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    * SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

I rarely, if ever, had a BSOD in Win7 that I recall. I saw this forum and the number of threads addressing fixing BSOD's were just way too many to peruse. So, I decided Win10 wasn't worth it on my older pc, despite it meeting requirements. Since, it was past 30 days, I could no longer just click and revert back, so I had to reinstall Win7 from scratch (no good image backup). I'm sure there are plenty of happy Win10 folks, but I'm not one, at least with my current desktop setup. I'm not a gamer nor do I do anything cpu intensive with my pc. For me, resolving BSOD's is not something that I should have to even worry about. I doubt Apple users have to worry about these type of things. So, I'm back to Win7 and after 2 weeks, no BSOD's. Can Microsoft improve Win10 to reduce or even eliminate BSOD's? I doubt it? Maybe on a new pc with newer hardware it would be more stable, but from what I glanced at in this forum, it even happens to new pc's and laptops. Cortana and the newer interface is nice, but not at the expense of an almost daily reboot from a BSOD. I reiterate .. so, what's the point, at this time? I know I'm not the only one.

:)

sambocaesar, Jan 17, 2016

2. Everything crashes after Fall Creators Update

Ive gotten multiple different bsod messages... cant do a back up cant reinstall with win 10 iso. Im going to just reinstall win7 again. I have no other options left.

ThomasFagre, Jan 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 issue with typing and drop downs

I had the same exact issue after upgrading from Win7 to Win10. Spent many hours online looking for a solution. Tried the ones listed above. No luck.

What's the point of having a new shiny OS when you can't type anything What's the Point?  Win 10 BSOD's out the gazoo .. back to Win7 :) My daughter was so mad after the upgrade since she couldn't do her homework anymore on the laptop.

This morning I reverted to . It was so easy to go , just one click and after 5mins you are . That's the only silver lining, the only good thing Microsoft had thought about while coming up with Win10. It's such a relief
    now. I can finally type.. woo hoo...

Adios Win10. See you later or NOT.

Back to Win7, Jan 17, 2016
Thema:

What's the Point? Win 10 BSOD's out the gazoo .. back to Win7

1. What's the Point? Win 10 BSOD's out the gazoo .. back to Win7 - Similar Threads - What's Point BSOD's

2. Win7 / Win 10 Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 / Win 10 Drivers: I have a Win7 machine with an IntelR Ethernet Connection 2 1219-v controller with Win10 on a Dual boot.Until last week I was able to boot into either OS. In a moment of gross stupidity I formatted my Win 10 SSD and then butchered my Clone backup.Attempting to do a fresh...
  3. Win7 / Win 10 Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win7 / Win 10 Drivers: I have a Win7 machine with an IntelR Ethernet Connection 2 1219-v controller with Win10 on a Dual boot.Until last week I was able to boot into either OS. In a moment of gross stupidity I formatted my Win 10 SSD and then butchered my Clone backup.Attempting to do a fresh...
  4. Win7 / Win 10 Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. GO back to Win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GO back to Win7: I have win10 currently installed on my pc. I had win7 originally installed on my pc and had updated it during the free upgrade for win10. I need to go back to Win7 now, don't ask why. I had created recovery of Win7 when i had bought the pc on 3 discs. But I don't have any...
  6. Win7 to Win 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 to Win 10 Upgrade: I have had my desktop upgraded from Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 Pro. I cannot connect to the internet now. I use Satellite NBN. Also use a wireless router for the laptop. Laptop connects fine also running W10 I have direct connected to BB modem with ethernet cable shows...
  7. If I have a Win7 PC with a Win license, whats the Win 10 Key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I have a Win7 PC with a Win license, whats the Win 10 Key?: If I have a Win7 PC with a Win license will i be able to use the same product key in a new build? submitted by /u/cikemybike [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dziur1/another_one/
  8. Back Win7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Back Win7: If I've already installed Win 10 how to restore Win 7 or back to that Version of Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-win7/a852401a-9730-4f7d-bd77-7641aa57eefc
  9. Win 10 pro crashing at random points, no bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 pro crashing at random points, no bsod: So I upgraded to windows 10 exactly 1 week ago, and only today have I started to experience crashes. the screen goes black and my PC restarts on its own, I suspect it may be something to do with running flash player on three separate browsers at the same time, but I am...
  10. win 10 to win7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 to win7: I downloaded win10, didn't care for it and went back to 7. Now my wifi doesn't work, laptop shows that it's connected; but it wont connect to any web page. 13264