Windows 10: what's the problem switching selective to normal startup?

Discus and support what's the problem switching selective to normal startup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; see right here, before I selected normal startup, it was on selective startup. When I changed to normal startup I got the bsod 0xc000000e winload.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Dec 22, 2020.

1. what's the problem switching selective to normal startup?

see right here, before I selected normal startup, it was on selective startup.
    When I changed to normal startup I got the bsod 0xc000000e winload.exe error, and no boot.

Had to load the RE off flash and run commands to fixmbr and rebuildbcd.
    Is it just my PC like that?
    I just looked at another of my pc, and it is also on selective startup. If I switch to normal will it crash the boot?

How about if i return from normal to selective startup on the PC I had to repair the boot, will it again crash?

what's the problem switching selective to normal startup? [​IMG]

:)

sdowney717, Dec 22, 2020

2. cannot return to normal startup in MSCONFIG after running it in diagnostic startup.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you are not able to boot to in normal mode. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Did you follow the below steps to enable the Normal startup?

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.
    If yes, you may follow the below steps to check if the computer boots to selective startup:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Select the General tab.
    • Select the Selective startup option, check the box for load startup services, load startup items, use original boot configuration will be enabled.
    • Restart the computer.
    If it boots successfully to selective startup then you can boot to normal startup from selective startup.

Please check the above scenario and get back with the results.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    startup selective not normal.

Hello Nyegaard, and welcome to Ten Forums. what's the problem switching selective to normal startup? :)

This is normal after the first time you made changes here. If you have all 3 items checked under Selective startup, then it'll be the same as having Normal startup selected.

what's the problem switching selective to normal startup? [​IMG]

Brink, Dec 22, 2020
  4. what's the problem switching selective to normal startup?

can't find run command to select normal startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Is your device currently in Safe mode?
    • Are you referring to boot the computer in Normal startup?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access Taskbar?

If you are not able to see the Taskbar, try the below steps to enable Taskbar:

1. Right click in the empty space on the
    Taskbar, click on Properties,

2. Under
    Taskbar
    tab, check mark the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
    Apply and Ok.

If you are referring to boot the computer in Normal mode from Safe mode, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information for further assistance on this issue.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

what's the problem switching selective to normal startup?

1. what's the problem switching selective to normal startup? - Similar Threads - what's problem switching

2. MSCONFIG: Startup selection always reverting to selective after setting it to normal

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSCONFIG: Startup selection always reverting to selective after setting it to normal: In System Configuration, the Startup selection is set to selective and whenever I apply, it keeps on reverting to selective. I need this changed because I need normal for it to start my device drivers because I need to manually do it, and it gets really annoyingto have to do...
  3. Different BOOT Volumes shown after switching between Normal and Selective Startup on MSICONFIG

Different BOOT Volumes shown after switching between Normal and Selective Startup on MSICONFIG: Hi All, My Windows 10 HP Compaq 8300 Elite takes a long time to start, and then there's the Windows 7 charm which sounds after signing in.Then after about 5 minutes, the PC is then faster and works normally.I then looked at the MSCONFIG and can see that the Selective Startup...
  4. Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup: When I select "normal startup" in System Config it always reverts back to "selective startup". All the boxes in Advanced T. S.have been cleared. I have read on this forum I'm not alone with this issue and isn't really a problem. My question is if I select the " make all boot...
  5. unable to change selective startup to normal startup

unable to change selective startup to normal startup: whenever I tried to change selective startup to normal startup. After restart again it shifted back to selective startup.what should i do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-selective-startup-to-normal/361df569-9abf-4118-a15c-fa15885b2100
  6. set selective startup to normal startup

set selective startup to normal startup: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amw9ge5K2qfAc4ecpewnu1YUwU0?e=PpCP9eon selecting normal startupafter restart it back switch into selective startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-selective-startup-to-normal-startup/4462d18e-c5e1-4939-86d4-7f38755e6759
  7. Windows stock on selective startup and it does not switch to normal at all

Windows stock on selective startup and it does not switch to normal at all: I have tried to reset all advanced troubleshooter for the startup to no avail. All settings revert to selective settings right after changing to Normal startup under MSConfig. Many of my apps are failing and erroring out, as well....
  8. Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup: why does windows keep selecting selective startup rather than normal startup, when it picks selective startup it stops me from being able to launch certain programs as it disables most of them submitted by /u/DGW04 [link] [comments]...
  9. startup reverts to selective from normal

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    startup reverts to selective from normal: I see that startup reverts to selective from normal after reboot. Why would this happen and should it be this way. I had a builder make my PC and perhaps something in the UEFI causes is? I always though normal was the default under ordinary circumstances. 136082
  10. startup selective not normal.

in Windows 10 Support
    startup selective not normal.: My startup always returns to selective, i don't know why. 44150