Windows 10: What's the problem with Directx12?

Discus and support What's the problem with Directx12? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft. I have dire question that needs addressing. "What's the problem with Microsoft Directx 12 API as far as compatibility issues?"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Good Monty, Jul 29, 2020.

1. What's the problem with Directx12?

Hi Microsoft. I have dire question that needs addressing.

"What's the problem with Microsoft Directx 12 API as far as compatibility issues?"

Directx12 as we know has been around 5 years since the release of Microsoft 10. No matter what graphics card is used or what configurations are set, when Directx12 API is loaded, regardless of what type of game is played, it always crashes. Frozen screen.

Over the years, there have been countless gaming forums on the internet of thousands of gamers having the same issue; no one has ever gotten Directx12 to work in any game successful ever.

With a 2080 TI, I can't even enable raytracing without Directx12 in Control by 505 games. Like everyone else, with Directx12, the issue has gone on for years.

So my question is:

1.why is why is Directx12 offered in games if no one can use it?

2. Does Microsoft have any knowledge of this issue?

I will send this message to NVIDIA as well. I want to get to the bottom of this. Thank you for reading and understanding the issue. Please respond whenever possible.

:)

Good Monty, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 29, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 29, 2020
  4. What's the problem with Directx12?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

What's the problem with Directx12?

1. What's the problem with Directx12? - Similar Threads - What's problem Directx12

2. DirectX12 not enabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX12 not enabled?: I seem to have DirectX 12 on my Dell Inspiron 7790 but appears disabled and Adobe Photoshop wants it? Display adapters NVidia GEforce MX110 and Intel UHD graphics https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx12-not-enabled/58e72c2e-ac04-4cd5-bf61-0e14664f6a3b
  3. Directx12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx12: I have the problem like my gpu supports directx 12 but it says thst directx 12 is not supported try running without the dx12 command.I have amd radeon r5 m330. What should i do . I run windows 11.PLease Help...
  4. Directx12

Directx12: I have the problem like my gpu supports directx 12 but it says thst directx 12 is not supported try running without the dx12 command.I have amd radeon r5 m330. What should i do . I run windows 11.PLease Help...
  5. Directx12

Directx12: So I tried overclocking my pc several months ago and then ended up undoing that but ever since then my pc hasn't let me play any games like Apex, Fortnite, COD, Halo or any of that. The only game's I have really been able to play is Rocket League and Valorant. Curious to know...
  6. Directx12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx12: So I tried overclocking my pc several months ago and then ended up undoing that but ever since then my pc hasn't let me play any games like Apex, Fortnite, COD, Halo or any of that. The only game's I have really been able to play is Rocket League and Valorant. Curious to know...
  7. Directx12 Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Directx12 Crashing: Hello,My games crash when i play them in Directx12, i've tried everything software related basically and i was wondering if reinstalling windows 10 would make it work?Thanks in advance....
  8. Directx12

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Directx12: Hi everyone, yesterday I bought Forza Horizon 4, downloaded it and ran it. then the table "graphics card does not support Directx12" popped up me, does anyone know what it is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx12/8f20fc12-a324-42cf-aa74-ea05cfaf2277
  9. What does DirectX12 Ultimate mean for projects made with DirectX12 API?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does DirectX12 Ultimate mean for projects made with DirectX12 API?: Hello to the person who is reading this, I hope you are safe and sound and that everything is okay due to the current events. I have recently read about DirectX12 Ultimate being announced : https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/announcing-directx-12-ultimate/ Now, after...
  10. DirectX12 problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX12 problem: when i go download directX12 after i press finish and boom A cabinet necessary for installation cannot be trusted.Please verify cryptographic services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid what can i do ?...