Windows 10: What's the secret to installing/updating apps from the Microsoft Store?

Discus and support What's the secret to installing/updating apps from the Microsoft Store? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am unable to do anything useful at the Microsoft store. I went there to get an app advertised elsewhere and over the past five days, I've been... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Athena..., Feb 9, 2019.

1. Athena... Win User

What's the secret to installing/updating apps from the Microsoft Store?

I am unable to do anything useful at the Microsoft store. I went there to get an app advertised elsewhere and over the past five days, I've been unable to get any further than "Downloading" I saw a notification that there were 15 updates waiting for me so I was curious. I noticed that there are updates for the Store and the "App installer" and thought that perhaps I needed to update them first -- same problem, they never actually download.

There are zero instructions there to give me any idea of what I might be doing wrong. I Xed out all the crappy apps that I would never want and everything just sits there as "Pending". How do I get them to actually install? Clicking on the circle just puts them in some sort of pending hell.

Also, where the hell do the downloads go? What happened to a straightforward "Download" button that lets the user a) control where the file should be stored and b) see some sort of download progress?

Is there somewhere I can go to just get installer files for the things I want and get this done?

:)

Athena..., Feb 9, 2019

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Feb 9, 2019
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Jan Del Win User

Microsoft Store App

Hi James,

Since running the troubleshooter for Windows app didn't work, we suggest resetting Windows Store by following the steps below to resolve your issue:

• Type Apps & features on search box/Cortana and click on it.
    • Look for Microsoft Store app and click on Advance options.
    • Click Reset button and retest.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. What's the secret to installing/updating apps from the Microsoft Store? - Similar Threads - What's secret installing

2. What App do I need to install this from Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What App do I need to install this from Microsoft Store?: I want to install this RootsMagic 32-bit 9.1.3 Installer for windows 11. First it says to install 32 bit even though I have 64 bit. I have clicked both, first 64 bit and it says to get an App from the Store to install it. So I tried the 32 bit, says the same thing, so went to...
  3. What App do I need to install this from Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What App do I need to install this from Microsoft Store?: I want to install this RootsMagic 32-bit 9.1.3 Installer for windows 11. First it says to install 32 bit even though I have 64 bit. I have clicked both, first 64 bit and it says to get an App from the Store to install it. So I tried the 32 bit, says the same thing, so went to...
  4. installing app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing app from Microsoft Store: Hi,First, getting hold of an email address to contact MS Support is impossible. Very frustrating.Second, I have purchased an app in MS Store, but now that I have a new computer running Windows 11, while the app appears to download and install, in all practicality it does not....
  5. installing app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing app from Microsoft Store: Hi,First, getting hold of an email address to contact MS Support is impossible. Very frustrating.Second, I have purchased an app in MS Store, but now that I have a new computer running Windows 11, while the app appears to download and install, in all practicality it does not....
  6. Installation/Updation Of Apps From Microsoft Store Is Not Working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installation/Updation Of Apps From Microsoft Store Is Not Working: so here's the deal,I am unable to install/update anything from the Microsoft Store.Whenever I click on the button to install or update any application,it shows only till it is aqquiring license part,but dosen't go beyond that.What should I do?...
  7. Secret Neighbours will not install from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secret Neighbours will not install from the Microsoft Store: Hello,I purchased "Secret Neighbours" for my son; payment went through without issues.When we click on "install" from the store/app, nothing happens. The button is available not greyed out but nothing happens when we press it. The game doesn't download/install.The PC...
  8. Microsoft Store updates not working + unable to install apps from store

Microsoft Store updates not working + unable to install apps from store: I've been having a persistent issue where the Microsoft Store will not download the new version of DirectX Runtime package as well as Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 package, Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 packages. My windows is updated, I have reset the...
  9. Install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Install apps from Microsoft Store: On my other laptop i downloaded some apps and i want to know since I am using the same acct for both laptops, will those apps be on the other laptop as well or do i need to download them on the 2nd laptop? ***Original Title: microsoft apps***...
  10. install apps from microsoft store

install apps from microsoft store: I was asked to log in via logmein last night. I was given a case number. The issue was not resolved. I am still only able to install from the microsoft store but not download. They advised I download windows 1803, which I have now done. The problem hasn't been resolved....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem installing games from microsoft store