Windows 10: What's the status of the wireless port after instaling a router?

Discus and support What's the status of the wireless port after instaling a router? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Low hours pilot here. I don't understand the status of a gateway's wireless channel after installing a router on one of it's Ethernet ports. Does it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fatkatie, Nov 17, 2018.

1. fatkatie Win User

What's the status of the wireless port after instaling a router?

Low hours pilot here.

I don't understand the status of a gateway's wireless channel after installing a router on one of it's Ethernet ports. Does it change? Is it a separate network verses the the boxes connected thru the router to the gateway's Ethernet jack? My Xfinity gateway, a TG1682G, has a bridge mode. That seems to imply the wireless channel lives on another network. Or does it?

This is all directed to understanding a windows 10 based business network without a server. The wireless capability is throwing me.

Thank you for your patience. I know this has been asked before and I have visited a few other sites. It's just not clicking.

:)

fatkatie, Nov 17, 2018
  2. bodosko Win User

Wireless modem router plus printer port ?

Hello guys.

Does it exist? A Wireless ADSL modem router with printer port all-in-one ?
    If not, what is the best option to buy?
    All 3 separated? Or Wireless router with printer server and a modem?

I would like an adsl modem suggestion that its very solid and doesnt freeze. Because I have a Dlink-500B and this thing freezes a lot.

And if you know any website that is specialized in modems please let me know.

Thank you.

bodosko, Nov 17, 2018
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 17, 2018
  4. What's the status of the wireless port after instaling a router?

How to configure a wireless router and an ADSL router to provide an internet connection

I made a mistake when purchasing a faster wireless router and did not specify it should have an ADSL port. So to use it I have connected it's WAN port to a LAN port of the ADSL router.

There seem to be several ways of configuring these devices. Could someone suggest the "best" or "most beneficial" way please?

There are 2 PCs and one printer connecting wirelessly.

One of the PCs picks up a dynamic IP

The other PC has a static IP (192.168.0.200)

The printer has a static IP (192.168.0.210)

Wireless router

• Lan IP: 192.18.0.1
    • WAN IP: 10.0.0.248 (static)
    • WAN default gateway: 10.0.0.2

The ADSL router connects to the internet fine. I have turned off dynamic IP.

The PCs connect to the wireless router, the internet and each other ok.

The printer connects and works if set to use the ADSL router's default gateway (10.0.0.2) and a static IP (10.0.0.251). It connects but does not work if using the wireless router's default gateway (192.168.0.1) with a static IP (192.168.0.210)

I would like the printer to connect the wireless router and work...

I don't know why I selected DNS IPs. The primary is 062.024.134.005 on the PCs and wireless router. I get the impression this is a separate issue from the connections problem above.

Stephen_Ford, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

What's the status of the wireless port after instaling a router?

1. What's the status of the wireless port after instaling a router? - Similar Threads - What's status wireless

2. Wireless Router Recommendations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Router Recommendations: We have cable internet and will most likely switch to verizon fios. I'm not in this location though at the moment. Now the past month or so, the wifi sometimes doesn't work for a bit, then it works. Its a 2 story house and we leave the router and the modem in the 2nd floor...
  3. COM port status notification

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    COM port status notification: Help for the Windows neophyte! I have a friend running a Windows 10 machine with a couple USB devices that appear under Device Manager as virtual COM port devices. Is there a Windows utility that will monitor COM port status and send an email or text notification on any...
  4. What is the Microsoft Wireless Router Module?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the Microsoft Wireless Router Module?: So a bunch of recent Windows updates came in recently, and looking through the list, several driver updates came in too. One that puzzled me was one called "Microsoft Wireless Router Module". Why is there a driver for a router, which is a device not even part of the PC?...
  5. Wireless router disabled after update

Wireless router disabled after update: Hello, My machine updated yesterday and since the update the wireless wifi adaptor has been disabled, so I cant get wifi on the laptop. I have tried to uninstall the updates, but this doesn't work. How do I get the maching up and running again if I cant access the wifi....
  6. Router Ethernet Port problem.

Router Ethernet Port problem.: I have just been supplied with a new router by my fibre optic supplier. The router has 4 Ethernet ports and I have my PC connected to one of them. I also have a set top box for my streaming TV signal, this is connected by cable to another of the Ethernet ports. The PC...
  7. wireless access point vs router, Whats The Difrence?

wireless access point vs router, Whats The Difrence?: It is very difficult for you to tell the difference between a wireless access point and a router because they share a number of features.Herewe have tried to explain exactly the difference between these two devices and provide you with a comparison of wireless access points...
  8. Windows not communication with wireless router

Windows not communication with wireless router: My HP computer on Windows 10 with Intel Wi-Fi AX201 160 Mhz chip stopped communication with router. Router is ok and works fine with other computers. I already downloaded new drivers and installed from Hp. Com and Intel.com. My computer did download office software day...
  9. Can't connect with wireless router

Can't connect with wireless router: From one of my Windows 10 PC's I'm not able to connect anymore with my wireless router which connect with the Internet. Until a few hours ago this connection worked just fine. I doesn't seem to be a problem with the wireless router since 2 of my other PC's(also running...
  10. recommendation for 802.11ac wireless router

recommendation for 802.11ac wireless router: Moderators: if this post is off-topic, please just delete it, and I will understand. Guys, Is is OK to ask for a router recommendation here. My network includes a wireless bridge which is failing, so I thought I would repurpose my current router as a bridge and get a...