Windows 10: What's the updated Microsoft defender?

Discus and support What's the updated Microsoft defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm seeing a lot of new Microsoft defender stuff can you still just use the one that came with your computer? And how do I cut it on? I'm thinking of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Juanita C, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Juanita C Win User

What's the updated Microsoft defender?

I'm seeing a lot of new Microsoft defender stuff can you still just use the one that came with your computer? And how do I cut it on? I'm thinking of getting rid of MacAfee. If I rid one virus protector will the windows defender come on automatedly?

:)

Juanita C, Feb 6, 2021

2. Defender updates no longer shown

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Type defender in the search box.
    • Click on update.
    • Check for the date on which defender is being updated.
    • If the recent date is mentioned then it will not show in the Automatic Updates.
    • Also click on update definition and check if any update is pending.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, Feb 6, 2021
  4. What's the updated Microsoft defender?

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

What's the updated Microsoft defender?

1. What's the updated Microsoft defender? - Similar Threads - What's updated Microsoft

2. what is Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what is Microsoft Defender: I just received notification of a big charge for Microsoft Defender which I didn't order. Is this a phishing scam? The way it's worded seems very sus to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-microsoft-defender/001f9db4-681e-4472-9c13-c6372609c56e
  3. what is Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is Microsoft Defender: I just received notification of a big charge for Microsoft Defender which I didn't order. Is this a phishing scam? The way it's worded seems very sus to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-microsoft-defender/001f9db4-681e-4472-9c13-c6372609c56e
  4. what is Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WHAT IS MICROSOFT DEFENDER ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHAT IS MICROSOFT DEFENDER ?: I have been receiving emails from MS inviting me to download and install "Microsoft Defender". I am using Win 10 and have always used "Windows Security".Is there a difference between these two features, and if so, what is the advantage of MS Defender over Win Security? Does...
  6. WHAT IS MICROSOFT DEFENDER ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHAT IS MICROSOFT DEFENDER ?: I have been receiving emails from MS inviting me to download and install "Microsoft Defender". I am using Win 10 and have always used "Windows Security".Is there a difference between these two features, and if so, what is the advantage of MS Defender over Win Security? Does...
  7. WHAT IS MICROSOFT DEFENDER ?

8. What's the updated Microsoft defender?

What's the updated Microsoft defender?: I'm seeing a lot of new Microsoft defender stuff can you still just use the one that came with your computer? And how do I cut it on? I'm thinking of getting rid of MacAfee. If I rid one virus protector will the windows defender come on automatedly?...
  9. UPDATE OF MICROSOFT DEFENDER

UPDATE OF MICROSOFT DEFENDER: I'm not being able to download the Windows Defender. PLease guide ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/update-of-microsoft-defender/aa82b81a-2408-48c4-a097-53db6a908997
  10. Updating Microsoft Defender

Updating Microsoft Defender: My virus protection will not update. Is there a different way to install it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/updating-microsoft-defender/e903f79a-a350-43e6-bb58-ba50dd57d2b7