Windows 10: What's the URI command to open "App volume and device preferences" in Settings?

Discus and support What's the URI command to open "App volume and device preferences" in Settings? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For example, ms-settings:sound, opens "Sound". ms-settings:display opens "Display". There are many such URI commands. I want to create a shortcut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GrimaceKA, Feb 22, 2020.

1. GrimaceKA Win User

What's the URI command to open "App volume and device preferences" in Settings?

For example, ms-settings:sound, opens "Sound". ms-settings:display opens "Display". There are many such URI commands.

I want to create a shortcut which will open the "App volume and device preferences" page. Every forum I've looked at so far listsms-settings:apps-volume as the URI command which will open that page, but it just doesn't work. It doesn't work at all. So what's the right command? There has to be a command.

:)

GrimaceKA, Feb 22, 2020
  2. ITM
    itm Win User

How to add desktop shortcut to App volume device preferences?

I frequently want to change which audio output device is used by specific apps, and would like to add a desktop shortcut which opens the "App volume device preferences" settings page. Is there any way of doing this? e.g. is there is an ms-settings:xxxx URI that I can use for this specific settings page?

3. Edwin Win User

ms-settings:sound,
    however, it's the same thing you see when clicking on the Volume icon on your Taskbar.

Edwin, Feb 22, 2020
  4. ITM
    itm Win User

Thanks. That script opens the Device Properties page for the Mic - see attached screenshot. Any idea how the script can be modified to open the App volume device preferences screen?

What's the URI command to open "App volume and device preferences" in Settings? [​IMG]

Thema:

1. What's the URI command to open "App volume and device preferences" in Settings? - Similar Threads - What's URI command

2. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings: Currently running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 10.0.19042I repeatedly have to open "app volume and device preferences" to lower app volumes. My settings don't appear to be saving.Does anyone know why?...
  3. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings: Currently running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 10.0.19042I repeatedly have to open "app volume and device preferences" to lower app volumes. My settings don't appear to be saving.Does anyone know why?...
  4. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings: Currently running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 10.0.19043I repeatedly have to open "app volume and device preferences" to lower app volumes. My settings don't appear to be saving.Does anyone know why?...
  6. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings: Currently running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 10.0.19043I repeatedly have to open "app volume and device preferences" to lower app volumes. My settings don't appear to be saving.Does anyone know why?...
  7. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. What is the URI command to open master volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the URI command to open master volume?: I am customizing a rainmeter skin, that adjusts volume on click. I have tried: ms-settings:apps-volume - this opens the window to adjust volume ms-settings:sound - sound settings ms-settings:sound-devices - opens the speakers and microphones dialogue I need to open the...
  9. App volume and device preferences

App volume and device preferences: [ATTACH] For some reason, I didn't have any sound. So, I tried updating the driver, uninstalling it then updating, rollback the driver. I went to services and made sure Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder were running. I even refresh them and everything. So, I...
  10. App volume and device preferences

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App volume and device preferences: https://i.imgur.com/E7kKZT4.png For some reason, I didn't have any sound. So, I tried updating the driver, uninstalling it then updating, rollback the driver. I went to services and made sure Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder were running. I even refresh them...