Windows 10: What's This 'Click to Run' File?

Discus and support What's This 'Click to Run' File? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any idea what this file is taking about 2GB space? [img] 117743 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

What's This 'Click to Run' File?

Any idea what this file is taking about 2GB space?

What's This 'Click to Run' File? [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Sep 12, 2018
  2. AM*
    Am* Win User

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

3. System 32 files/ programs runs for a while and disappears on Windows 10

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the processes running on the operating system. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • When exactly does this issue persists?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to sign-out from the current user account, restart the computer, resign-in and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 12, 2018
  4. [Ion] Win User

Guide to running multiple GPU work units

Where are you putting it? What are the contents of your file? Did you follow the step-by-step instructions in the OP? What does the log file in BOINC say?

[Ion], Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

1. What's This 'Click to Run' File? - Similar Threads - What's 'Click Run'

2. What command is running in the background when I click on OK on this window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What command is running in the background when I click on OK on this window?: I'm in a desperate need to figure out what powershell / command line command is running in the background when I click on OK in this window.Aka. what command to run to create an LPR port in windows via either powershell or command line with the variables below.I tried a 1000...
  3. What command is running in the background when I click on OK on this window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What command is running in the background when I click on OK on this window?: I'm in a desperate need to figure out what powershell / command line command is running in the background when I click on OK in this window.Aka. what command to run to create an LPR port in windows via either powershell or command line with the variables below.I tried a 1000...
  4. What command is running in the background when I click on OK on this window?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. What triggers the "Office click to run" service?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What triggers the "Office click to run" service?: Hi all, Jet again OCTR is causing trouble... We've set the OCTR service on manual start so it doen't start at boot-up. The goal is to only start the service when someone opens an Office app. Somehow the service still gets trigger within an hour of booting and at random...
  6. MSI and Click-to-run installations

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSI and Click-to-run installations: So, I have been assisting a Client with a a Project 2016 install. - They currently have O365 as per company licensing and Visio 2013 standard. - I have installed the Project Standard 2016 via the deployment. - Windows 10 - They have a Standard VL license (MAK) which they...
  7. Microsoft Click To Run - disable

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Click To Run - disable: I've tried searching for an answer but was not sure. I've got Microsoft Click To Run (SxS) running in Task manager. I have Office 2016 on my PC which I got thru HUP via my workplace. My PC is quite old & has only 4G ram. Its pretty slow these days so I was looking to see...
  8. Right-Click Run With Parameters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-Click Run With Parameters: Hello. Does anyone have any recommendations for a simple 64-bit compatible Windows program that, when you right-click an exe, bat, msi etc. file, that pops up a menu allowing you to run the file with parameters or arguments? NirExt does this task but the program has not been...
  9. Help what's this - click and run support

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help what's this - click and run support: Hi folks Any idea what this is [img] I have just re-installed office 2016 MSDN version and then got the click and run support message in Windows update. Is it that this version of Office updates automatically via windows update or do I have to do it from the Office...
  10. Double-click to run .bat - Windows cannot find file

in Windows 10 Support
    Double-click to run .bat - Windows cannot find file: Recently (seemingly out of nowhere) my Windows 10 PC stopped running .bat files when I double-click on them. If I right-click and "Run as administrator" the files run. If I open a command prompt and invoke the bat file it also runs. This is true for every bat file I have...