Windows 10: What's this internet popup in Windows 10 Edge? Facebook?

Discus and support What's this internet popup in Windows 10 Edge? Facebook? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've seen this popup a few times. I wondered what it's about as I've not had any internet connection problems that I'm aware of. It seems to be... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ShadowLad, Nov 22, 2020.

1. ShadowLad Win User

What's this internet popup in Windows 10 Edge? Facebook?

I've seen this popup a few times. I wondered what it's about as I've not had any internet connection problems that I'm aware of. It seems to be associated with Facebook (tab in Edge). It appears in the bottom left, unlike most other notifications. I'm using WiFi to connect.

What's this internet popup in Windows 10 Edge? Facebook? [​IMG]

:)

ShadowLad, Nov 22, 2020

2. Facebook keeps shutting off in Windows 10

it is only on facebook

josephinegordon, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Facebook keeps shutting off in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access Facebook on Microsoft Edge, do let us know the following:

• Does the issue persists on Internet Explorer as well?

• Is this issue confined only to Facebook web page on Microsoft Edge?

This issue might have occurred due to Microsoft Edge performance, try the below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to clear cache and cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser, try to access Facebook and check.

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on
      More Action at the right top corner.
    • Click on Settings, click on
      Choose what to clear
      under Clear browsing data.
    • Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
      Clear.
    • Close the browser and try to open it again.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Download Popup Window Not Using Default Language in Window 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to try using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge and check if the issue persists in these browsers.

If the issue persists follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to reset the settings on the Microsoft Edge web browser to check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Steps to Reset Edge:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

• After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.
    Step 2: How to reset Internet Explorer settings.

I suggest you to try the steps provided to reset Internet Explorer, in the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

If the issue is specific to Chrome then I suggest you to contact Google Chrome support
    from the link below.

Google Chrome Help

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. What's this internet popup in Windows 10 Edge? Facebook? - Similar Threads - What's internet popup

2. I get popups on my screen, edge is my only browser, and popups are already blocked. What...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get popups on my screen, edge is my only browser, and popups are already blocked. What...: I get popups on my screen, edge is my only browser, and popups are already blocked. What can I do? this started 6 weeks ago, my computer and os are 3 years old.Win 10/ Lenovo laptop...
  3. I get popups on my screen, edge is my only browser, and popups are already blocked. What...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I get popups on my screen, edge is my only browser, and popups are already blocked. What...: I get popups on my screen, edge is my only browser, and popups are already blocked. What can I do? this started 6 weeks ago, my computer and os are 3 years old.Win 10/ Lenovo laptop...
  4. Microsoft Edge popup

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge popup: Every so often, I get a popup message on my PC with a Microsoft Edge logo, telling me things like "Pin your favorite sites", with the choices "Pin Now" and "Later". How can I eliminate these popups? If that cannot be done, I would like to remove Microsoft Edge from my system....
  5. Scareware popups with Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scareware popups with Edge: Lately, I've gotten 4 or 5 "scareware" full screen popups with Edge browser. Most ot the time I either close the popup or have to close Edge and they go away. One I had to reboot. Things like your PC is infected, all files are locked, and this morning a notice that Norton...
  6. Popups in Edge (Win 10 Pro)

in Browsers and Email
    Popups in Edge (Win 10 Pro): I am just wondering how to deal with those annoying popups that occur when you are reading an online article. The ones that tell you your Windows is damaged and obsolete and play an irritating tone. I know you can close your browser and that those popups are not on your...
  7. Popups in Edge (Win 10 Pro)

in Windows 10 Support
    Popups in Edge (Win 10 Pro): I am just wondering how to deal with those annoying popups that occur when you are reading an online article. The ones that tell you your Windows is damaged and obsolete and play an irritating tone. I know you can close your browser and that those popups are not on your...
  8. popups on desktop from facebook, youtube, etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    popups on desktop from facebook, youtube, etc: I'm trying to stop the random popups on the bottom of my screen. Whether it's Facebook, YouTube, etc. Please, anyone tell me how to make them stop!!!!!! Thank you from "Waaay Over the Popups in AZ!"...
  9. Edge very slow on Facebook

in Browsers and Email
    Edge very slow on Facebook: Not necessarily a Windows 10 issue but would still like to know why in the past couple of weeks Facebook seems to be extremely sluggish and when I click on any of the comments option or anything else on Facebook it just hangs on. It does not happen on any other web...
  10. non-internet popups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    non-internet popups: i keep getting these very annoying popups in the lower right. one is for cc cleaner. they want me to buy their paid version. another is 'your outlook settings are out of date' and then there are all the email alerts. i know how to stop internet popups but how do i stop these?...