Windows 10: What's This Menu Called?

Discus and support What's This Menu Called? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The name of this menu is on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't seem to remember what this little corner taskbar menu's called.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Amil3418, Nov 11, 2020.

1. What's This Menu Called?

/u/Amil3418, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Nov 11, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

What's This Menu Called?

How to Add Items to "Most Used" menu?

Hi,
    If you create a folder- call it, say '& My Favourites' - which should put it at the top of the list in the start menu- in
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
    -and put whatever shortcuts you want in it, I would think you would get access to those easily.

1. Open explorer (Win key + E)
    2. Cut & paste C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu into the address bar
    3. Hit 'Return'
    4. rt click the pane and create a new folder.
    5. Rename it (e.g.) &Myfavourites
    (& makes sure it's at the top)
    6. Put whatever shortcuts you want into the folder.
    7. Close explorer.
    8. Open the Win 10 Start Menu and look for &Myfavourites

Someone else may have another suggestion for you. Good luck!

dalchina, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

What's This Menu Called?

1. What's This Menu Called? - Similar Threads - What's Menu Called

2. Not sure what this menu is called but I'm having issues with it. Can someone help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not sure what this menu is called but I'm having issues with it. Can someone help?: Ok so I'm not totally sure what this menu is called but sometimes when I startup my laptop it takes forever for it to load. And sometimes the icons are completely grayed out to where I can't select them. Also I have to note, clicking on it to open the menu sometimes doesn't...
  3. Idk what to call this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Idk what to call this: So my storage is full we time to delete some things I do so I was at 15.9gb and I went up to 17.8gb Idk why it's doing this everything that I uninstall it increases my storage and I cleaned my trash and it just goes up please help me....
  4. Idk what to call this

Idk what to call this: So my storage is full we time to delete some things I do so I was at 15.9gb and I went up to 17.8gb Idk why it's doing this everything that I uninstall it increases my storage and I cleaned my trash and it just goes up please help me....
  5. Idk what to call this

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. What is this setting called?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this setting called?: A night ago I turned on a random setting while I was tired and I've found it very annoying.I typically have tabs open next to each other and the one I most recently have clicked on is a lot brighter than the other.So basically the other is dimmed and i just wanna know how to...
  7. What is this setting called?

What is this setting called?: A night ago I turned on a random setting while I was tired and I've found it very annoying.I typically have tabs open next to each other and the one I most recently have clicked on is a lot brighter than the other.So basically the other is dimmed and i just wanna know how to...
  8. Widget about places beside start menu in Windows 10- What is it called?

Widget about places beside start menu in Windows 10- What is it called?: There's a widget about places around the world. It's beside the start the menu. Everyday, the icon would change with a different image- it looks like a cute sticker. It would be about a different scenic location somewhere in the world each day. I can't find anything about it....
  9. Widget about places beside start menu in Windows 10- What is it called?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Widget about places beside start menu in Windows 10- What is it called?: There's a widget about places around the world. It's beside the start the menu. Everyday, the icon would change with a different image- it looks like a cute sticker. It would be about a different scenic location somewhere in the world each day. I can't find anything about it....
  10. What is program called "File ownership" in my Startup 'Context Menu'?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is program called "File ownership" in my Startup 'Context Menu'?: From Ccleaner 'startup' tools I found a program name called "File ownership". It has no file location. When I opened it 'registry', I found this location, "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\UpdateEncryptionSettings". What is this? Anybody Knows what is this? Is...