Windows 10: what's up with my cortana

Discus and support what's up with my cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi friends, last night everything worked fine on my laptop Hp but today I turn it on and see that the search box disappeared, I only see the microphone... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by CarlWright2, Oct 30, 2018.

1. what's up with my cortana

Hi friends, last night everything worked fine on my laptop Hp but today I turn it on and see that the search box disappeared, I only see the microphone of my cortana, this is why? I want to recover my search box

:)

CarlWright2, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 31, 2018
  4. what's up with my cortana

windows 10 Cortana

Hi Carmentaylor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

what's up with my cortana

1. what's up with my cortana - Similar Threads - what's cortana

2. Is cortana still a thing in 2024 and how do I activate it? If not, what assitants are on pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is cortana still a thing in 2024 and how do I activate it? If not, what assitants are on pc?: I've tried to activate cortana but get the message "Cortana in Windows as a standalone app is depreciated" and I'm not sure what it means. Does this mean Cortana is no longer here and I cant use it on my Windows computer?...
  3. Is cortana still a thing in 2024 and how do I activate it? If not, what assitants are on pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is cortana still a thing in 2024 and how do I activate it? If not, what assitants are on pc?: I've tried to activate cortana but get the message "Cortana in Windows as a standalone app is depreciated" and I'm not sure what it means. Does this mean Cortana is no longer here and I cant use it on my Windows computer?...
  4. I can't access cortana and bing chat I still don't have access to bing chat ,What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access cortana and bing chat I still don't have access to bing chat ,What do I do?: It's a bing issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-cortana-and-bing-chat-i-still-dont/48b79b51-8218-4322-96b6-1a9865e5791f
  5. I can't access cortana and bing chat I still don't have access to bing chat ,What do I do?

I can't access cortana and bing chat I still don't have access to bing chat ,What do I do?: It's a bing issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-cortana-and-bing-chat-i-still-dont/48b79b51-8218-4322-96b6-1a9865e5791f
  6. I can't access cortana and bing chat I still don't have access to bing chat ,What do I do?

in Cortana
  7. What data is removed when I reset Cortana?

in Cortana
    What data is removed when I reset Cortana?: Some of my apps aren’t loading and I heard I need to reset Cortana but what files are deleted or reset with Cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-data-is-removed-when-i-reset-cortana/72b6f3fa-877a-4c0d-89e4-60e4ab402e1a
  8. What data is removed when I reset Cortana?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What data is removed when I reset Cortana?: Some of my apps aren’t loading and I heard I need to reset Cortana but what files are deleted or reset with Cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-data-is-removed-when-i-reset-cortana/72b6f3fa-877a-4c0d-89e4-60e4ab402e1a
  9. What data is removed when I reset Cortana?

10. What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?

in Cortana
    What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?: I'm looking for a voice assistant to run on my Desktop, and am just wondering if going through the unconventional installation guide of Google Assistant on my computer is worth it compared to just running Cortana which comes built-in to Windows 10 by default. Are there any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ask cortana about calendar and only reads the main calendar none of the others

2. whats up with cortana

3. cortina whats up with my computer