Windows 10: What's up with my task manager?

Discus and support What's up with my task manager? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DumbRacer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g8c75m/whats_up_with_my_task_manager/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DumbRacer, Apr 26, 2020.

1. What's up with my task manager?

/u/DumbRacer, Apr 26, 2020
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Apr 26, 2020
  3. infrared Win User
    task manager???

Double click the edge of the task manager *Wink What's up with my task manager? ;)

infrared, Apr 26, 2020
  4. What's up with my task manager?

Task Bar, Task manager and apps, all not responding, Windows 10

step 1 worked a dream. Had earlier tried everything suggested in these forums. nothing had worked to solve the problem. The media creation tool as suggested in step 1 did the trick. - it took several hours, but worth it.

ps. original complaint - non responding - and task manager - blank or useless.

Harry Thompson 966, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

What's up with my task manager?

1. What's up with my task manager? - Similar Threads - What's task manager

2. What is Widgets in Task manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Widgets in Task manager?: I have recently been checking task manager, as to check what uses up my computer and makes it slower, and have found "Widgets":which are randomly second largest thing using up my memory. What is this, What is it used for, and what happens if i end task on it. Will there be...
  3. What is Widgets in Task manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is Widgets in Task manager?: I have recently been checking task manager, as to check what uses up my computer and makes it slower, and have found "Widgets":which are randomly second largest thing using up my memory. What is this, What is it used for, and what happens if i end task on it. Will there be...
  4. What is Global.Accounts in the task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Global.Accounts in the task manager: There is a thing called "Global.Accounts 4" in task manager, I am on windows 11, and it seems to be taking up a fair amount of my memory. What is this, and what does it do?...
  5. What is Global.Accounts in the task manager

What is Global.Accounts in the task manager: There is a thing called "Global.Accounts 4" in task manager, I am on windows 11, and it seems to be taking up a fair amount of my memory. What is this, and what does it do?...
  6. What is msh.exe in task manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is msh.exe in task manager?: What is the msh.exe process in task manager? Is it a virus or some malware-like thing? It is located in C:\windows\system32. Should I keep this or remove this? It doesn't harm anything of my computer as I know I don't know whether it is working in the background....
  7. Not sure what is chewing up my CPU in task manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not sure what is chewing up my CPU in task manager: I have a process going on in the task manager that is chewing up 50% of my CPU can someone tell me what it is - see pic. Is it just another add on and how can I get rid of it as I can disable it but it returns after a reboot. 165946
  8. Not sure what is chewing up my CPU in task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Not sure what is chewing up my CPU in task manager: I have a process going on in the task manager that is chewing up 50% of my CPU can someone tell me what it is - see pic. Is it just another add on and how can I get rid of it as I can disable it but it returns after a reboot. 165946
  9. What is wrong with my task manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is wrong with my task manager?: [ATTACH] Not a big deal, but this creeped me out at first. I tried to resize the window, but the graphic thumbnails don't come up. They show as colorful circles....
  10. What happens if you end Task Manager's task with Task Manager?

What happens if you end Task Manager's task with Task Manager?: Hello, I'm just kinda curious at what would happen if you end the Task Manager with Task Manager... Would it go into an infinite loop cycle similar to the "what if you deleted the recycle bin" theory of a black hole in your computer? Would it crash the program? Not...