Windows 10: What’s up with the weird characters?

Discus and support What’s up with the weird characters? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DCCCXXV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzbqr5/whats_up_with_the_weird_characters/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DCCCXXV, Nov 20, 2019.

1. What’s up with the weird characters?

/u/DCCCXXV, Nov 20, 2019

2. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Weird Green Characters

Has anyone seen this before. There are weird green charachter in the min/max/close area of "modern" apps and weird green square.
    What’s up with the weird characters? [​IMG]

donaldkbart, Nov 20, 2019
  4. What’s up with the weird characters?

Character Map

Hi Susan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Does this issue occur on Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, or any other browser?
    3. Once the text disappears, are you able to undo that by press the 'Ctrl' key and the 'Z' key from your keyboard?

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Check if your Windows is Up-to-date.

Go to Settings > Update and Security >
    Windows Updates and install all the Windows Updates if there are any.

Method 2: Use a different browser

Use a different browser to access Gmail and see if you are facing the same issue.

Method 3: Adding the characters manually from Character Map.

Step 1: Click on the
    Start Menu and search for Character Map and hit
    Enter.

Step 2: Once the
    Character Map launches, look for the character that you want to add >
    Select that character and click on Copy.

Step 3: Go to the email that
    you want to add the character and paste the character by pressing the ‘Windows’ key and the ‘V’ key from your keyboard and see if the characters are disappearing.

​Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

What’s up with the weird characters?

1. What’s up with the weird characters? - Similar Threads - What’s weird characters

2. Weird characters in search results: is this an indicator of compromise?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird characters in search results: is this an indicator of compromise?: Greetings,I was recently going to set up a VM with VirtualBox, but discovered I hadn't installed VirtualBox yet. However, the start button search results were rather intriguing, and I am curious if anyone has seen this before, or knows the origin of the behavior. I suspect it...
  3. Weird characters in search results: is this an indicator of compromise?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird characters in search results: is this an indicator of compromise?: Greetings,I was recently going to set up a VM with VirtualBox, but discovered I hadn't installed VirtualBox yet. However, the start button search results were rather intriguing, and I am curious if anyone has seen this before, or knows the origin of the behavior. I suspect it...
  4. Keyboard typing weird characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard typing weird characters: So, I have booted up my PC today, and found out that the keyboard has been instead of normal letters, it has been typing symbols or vietnamese and slavic letters. To the keyboard also joined the mouse, that when I want to scroll down a page, it zooms in and out. My PC is...
  5. Weird ASCII characters in NTDVM Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird ASCII characters in NTDVM Windows 10: In anticipation of the withdrawal of support for Windows 7 in January I am starting to transition my company’s computers to Windows 10. We have used Win 7 32 bit in order to use a long standing custom DOS application. It has run in NTVDM faultlessly with the advantage that...
  6. Weird ACSII characters in NTDVM Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird ACSII characters in NTDVM Windows 10: In anticipation of the withdrawal of support for Windows 7 in January I am starting to transition my company’s computers to Windows 10. We have used Win 7 32 bit in order to use long standing custom DOS application. It has run in NTVDM faultlessly with the advantage that it...
  7. Weird characters in "Windows Defender" and "Settings" apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird characters in "Windows Defender" and "Settings" apps: Hello. I'm a Brazilian user of Windows 10, currently running the Windows Insider Preview build 17692 (Slow Ring). For about a month now, some of the default Latin characters have been replaced with other weird characters in the "Windows Defender" and "Settings" modern (Metro)...
  8. Weird Green Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Green Characters: Has anyone seen this before. There are weird green charachter in the min/max/close area of "modern" apps and weird green square. [img] 10440
  9. Weird chinese characters appearing in windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird chinese characters appearing in windows: I've googled it and it seems like some others have had similar issues, but i'd like to ask if anyone knows what this is all about. [img] If i copy paste the line seen on screenshot, then this is what i get: Code:...
  10. Weird characters in GPU Properties info

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird characters in GPU Properties info: [img] Anyone have any idea why adapter name appears in gibberish characters? the card works 100% in WinX and Win7 on same PC. Thanks for ur input! 4952