Windows 10: What's Wi-Fi Security of Mobile Hotspot?

Discus and support What's Wi-Fi Security of Mobile Hotspot? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this question is duplicated. I'm asking this question to be sure. That topic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Igor_Fernandes_C, Jul 22, 2021.

1. What's Wi-Fi Security of Mobile Hotspot?

I'm not sure if this question is duplicated. I'm asking this question to be sure. That topic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-the-wifi-security-for-win10-wifi/7741cacf-5a70-4403-bbbb-e5efa7a9db2d asks about Wifi Hotspot that can be Mobile Hotspot feature or HostedNetwork. We can setup each one seperately using differen SSID and password so I don't know if they are the same feature. My question is: What's the Mobile Hotspot Wi-fi Security? It's just WPA2?

:)

Igor_Fernandes_C, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Gino Des Win User

Hotspot 2.0 Wi-Fi networks

Hi Eric,

Hotspot 2.0 networks are a new wireless standard designed to make it easier and more secure to connect to public Wi-Fi hotspots. As you move around different locations and if this feature is enabled, your device will connect you to available public hotspots
    automatically. These hotspots are also more secure since encryption is mandatory.

For more information, you may refer to the following link: Sign
    up and connect to Hotspot 2.0 networks in Windows 10 Mobile

If you’re having problems getting connected to a Wi‑Fi network on your mobile device, we suggest that you check the following link: Fix
    Wi‑Fi connection issues in Windows 10 Mobile

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Mobile hotspot??

Hi,

Seeing other Wi-Fi range on your device is normal, especially, other devices that are configured for mobile hotspot. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Where did you see the Wi-Fi name and password? A screenshot of it is highly appreciated.
    • Does your mobile hotspot name and password is also shown on it?
    • Are you getting any connection issues on your mobile hotspot?

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Jul 22, 2021
  4. What's Wi-Fi Security of Mobile Hotspot?

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

What's Wi-Fi Security of Mobile Hotspot?

1. What's Wi-Fi Security of Mobile Hotspot? - Similar Threads - What's Security Mobile

2. Wi-Fi connection issues No Wi-Fi, Secured

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connection issues No Wi-Fi, Secured: Shows I have “no Wi-Fi, secured” no one else connected is having this issue, it’s fine after I reset the router however but the next time I turn the computer off and back on, the same issue...
  3. Wi-Fi connection issues No Wi-Fi, Secured

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi connection issues No Wi-Fi, Secured: Shows I have “no Wi-Fi, secured” no one else connected is having this issue, it’s fine after I reset the router however but the next time I turn the computer off and back on, the same issue...
  4. WI-FI hotspot issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WI-FI hotspot issue: Hi!When my laptop is connected to the internet via a LAN cable and sharing it through a hotspot, the connection through the hotspot is terribly weak, while my laptop has a relatively strong connection. This is not an issue with my mobile as other devices connected to my...
  5. Wi-Fi network not secure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wi-Fi network not secure: how do I fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-network-not-secure/8e566085-6577-435c-b7ae-ad540d7b8bf9
  6. Problems with Hotspot and Wi-Fi connection.

Problems with Hotspot and Wi-Fi connection.: Hi, recently I am having some troubles when trying to turn on the hotspot in my computer to share Wi-Fi to other devices. To explain everything: -I'm living on a University Residence. -I started with this problems last week. -As the router is quite far from my room, i'm...
  7. WI-FI Hotspot not working

WI-FI Hotspot not working: i apologize for the errors that i will make first. So, i have a big problem with my hotspot, i can activate it of course, but i can't connect my phone, it stays blocked when it has to pick the ip adress. So i tried first to know if the problem was my phone, but nobody else...
  8. Wi-fi Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wi-fi Security: I am using a laptop to connect to my mobile hotspot. Both the devices use a VPN, and always have. It is currently showing a tiny monitor that says, "unidentified network", however, I do have a working wi-fi connection. Whereas, before the icon was showing the radiating curved...
  9. what is the use of mobile hotspot ?

what is the use of mobile hotspot ?: The mobile hotspot facility available in windows 10 does'nt seem to connect after trying allthe options, then what for it is given when it does not get connected...
  10. Can't create Wi-Fi hotspot

Can't create Wi-Fi hotspot: I'm trying to create a Wi-Fi hotspot by launching an elevated command prompt and doing this: Code: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MySSIDName key=MyKey[/quote] Which returns: Code: The hosted network mode has been set to allow.The SSID of the hosted...