Windows 10: What's with requiring a microsoft account?

Discus and support What's with requiring a microsoft account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Right. I just bought an Acer Aspire TC. For reason when I began set up Windows required me to log into my microsoft account as well as set up a pin.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LilBro, Nov 28, 2020.

1. LilBro Win User

What's with requiring a microsoft account?

Right. I just bought an Acer Aspire TC. For reason when I began set up Windows required me to log into my microsoft account as well as set up a pin. What gives? How can I get rid to ms account? I already found how to kill the pin.

:)

LilBro, Nov 28, 2020

2. Microsoft Account Login requirement

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back to Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

• In the Start search, type 'Settings and press
      Enter.

• Choose 'Accounts'.

• Under 'Your account', click
      'Disconnect' option available under your Microsoft account name.

• Follow the onscreen instruction to create a local account.
    Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps:

• In the Start search, type 'Settings and press
      Enter.

• Choose 'Accounts'.

• Under 'Your account' click 'Connect
      to a Microsoft account'.

• Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.
    Follow onscreen instruction.

Check if it resolves the issue.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    microsoft account required

Hi John,

We would like to know more about the issue. Please
    clarify the following:

• Can you tell us what issue you are trying to troubleshoot before getting the
      Microsoft account required error
      prompt?
    • Is the issue limited to the current Windows user profile you are using?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Roan T, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

1. What's with requiring a microsoft account? - Similar Threads - What's requiring microsoft

2. Microsoft Parent or guardian consent is required for this account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Parent or guardian consent is required for this account.: I tried to sign in to the web page to download the installer, but I couldn't sign in. The problem is as shown in the picture.* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Microsoft Parent or guardian consent is required for this account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Parent or guardian consent is required for this account.: I tried to sign in to the web page to download the installer, but I couldn't sign in. The problem is as shown in the picture.* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Windows 11 Microsoft Account Requirement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Microsoft Account Requirement: Several third-party sources suggest that Windows 11 Home and/or Windows 11 Pro will soon require the use or creation of a Microsoft Account during installation or upgrade.If a Microsoft account is in fact being required, can someone point me to where the requirement is...
  5. Windows 11 Microsoft Account Requirement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Microsoft Account Requirement: Several third-party sources suggest that Windows 11 Home and/or Windows 11 Pro will soon require the use or creation of a Microsoft Account during installation or upgrade.If a Microsoft account is in fact being required, can someone point me to where the requirement is...
  6. Microsoft Account Password Required At Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Password Required At Startup: My laptop has just started requesting my Microsoft Account password before it will complete the startup process. How can this password requirement be removed?...
  7. Excel is requiring login. Microsoft Account is requiring Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Excel is requiring login. Microsoft Account is requiring Windows Hello: I opened Excel today and it says "Unlicensed Product" and is asking me to sign in. I tried to login to my Microsoft account and it says that I am required to login via Windows Hello. In my settings, it says that Windows Hello is not available for my device....all of my...
  8. Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password: New Windows 10 Home desktop. I put in Carol when it asked who would use the computer. After a restart, it showed Carol and Welcome, then I could just click on it and use it. The only user was Carol and no password was needed. That was OK. I set a system restore point,...
  9. Accounts-Your email and accounts: Attention required - but what?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accounts-Your email and accounts: Attention required - but what?: Under Settings->Accounts->Your email and accounts at my email account it says: "Attention required" I am using Outlook 2013 and outlook.com (pop/smtp) I have been using the Outlook app, but replaced it with K9 Mail and removed the app from my tablet...
  10. What Requirements are Required for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    What Requirements are Required for Windows 10?: Does anyone know what the requirements are for Windows 10? 3657