Windows 10: What's with Windows 10 lately that it kept on using all the storage space?

Discus and support What's with Windows 10 lately that it kept on using all the storage space? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have the Surface Book 2 and I've freed up ~75GB due to it kept on running out of space for past 2 week. When I checked the storage setting and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ultimeaciax, Nov 2, 2019.

1. What's with Windows 10 lately that it kept on using all the storage space?

I have the Surface Book 2 and I've freed up ~75GB due to it kept on running out of space for past 2 week. When I checked the storage setting and it seems like the culprit is the the temporary files. Though when I can't free it up. Is Windows downloading some sort of huge update?

submitted by /u/ultimeaciax
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ultimeaciax, Nov 2, 2019
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

333t, Nov 2, 2019
  3. I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Nov 2, 2019
  4. What's with Windows 10 lately that it kept on using all the storage space?

Windows 10 Storage Spaces Improvements?

We just released a couple of new Storage Spaces features with the
    Windows 10 November update
    :

• Optimize drive usage to make the best use of all of your drives after adding drives
    • Safely remove a drive from a pool by automatically moving data off the drive and onto other drives in the pool.
    To make use of these features you'll have to install the
    Windows 10 November update.
    Our latest Help content briefly covers the new Storage Spaces functionality:

Storage Spaces in Windows 10

Cheers!

Jason Gerend - Senior Content Developer for Storage Spaces

Jason Gerend_MSFT, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

What's with Windows 10 lately that it kept on using all the storage space?

1. What's with Windows 10 lately that it kept on using all the storage space? - Similar Threads - What's lately kept

2. Storage Spaces using Powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces using Powershell: Hi, I'm trying to use Storage Spaces. On Windows 11. I have 1 Samsung 500GB SSD Boot. I have 3 Samsung 500GB SSD's. For Storage Spaces. On a Pcie x16. I want to use Simple No Resiliency. RAID 0. I tried "Get-PhysicalDisk." It shows 5 drives. 4 Samsung SSD's and 1 Western...
  3. Storage Spaces using Powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces using Powershell: Hi, I'm trying to use Storage Spaces. On Windows 11. I have 1 Samsung 500GB SSD Boot. I have 3 Samsung 500GB SSD's. For Storage Spaces. On a Pcie x16. I want to use Simple No Resiliency. RAID 0. I tried "Get-PhysicalDisk." It shows 5 drives. 4 Samsung SSD's and 1 Western...
  4. Storage Spaces now RAW format on 60TB of Parity using Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces now RAW format on 60TB of Parity using Storage Spaces: Thanks in advance.I recently upgraded my storage spaces and increased my storage size. I added an 18tb drive to an existing storage space. During this process I increased my storage space size logical to 80TB. I have 5X 18tb hard drives. The drives are set to parity, since...
  5. Storage Spaces won't use all disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces won't use all disk space: I have allocated 5 drives 3x 4TB HDD, 2x 8TB HDD to my storage space and created a simple pool on it. No redundancy While total disk space is 25.4 TB 3.63*3 + 7.27*2 and I've allocated all of it to my pool my programs fails to write anything more to the pool.It says no space...
  6. Storage Spaces won't use all disk space

Storage Spaces won't use all disk space: I have allocated 5 drives 3x 4TB HDD, 2x 8TB HDD to my storage space and created a simple pool on it. No redundancy While total disk space is 25.4 TB 3.63*3 + 7.27*2 and I've allocated all of it to my pool my programs fails to write anything more to the pool.It says no space...
  7. What is happening to my storage space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is happening to my storage space?: So I tried to download warframe again and my storage space was 107GB then it jumped to 72GB and then the game started downloading from the jumped to 72GB as if the other GBs didn't exist. I don't know why this is happening....
  8. What is happening to my storage space?

What is happening to my storage space?: So I tried to download warframe again and my storage space was 107GB then it jumped to 72GB and then the game started downloading from the jumped to 72GB as if the other GBs didn't exist. I don't know why this is happening....
  9. I don't want to use Storage Spaces for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't want to use Storage Spaces for Windows 10: I have two storage devices installed on my new computer, one SATA hard drive and one m.2 storage device. The hard drive is 8 TB and is stuck on Storage Spaces, though i don't want to use it as a "Backup drive", but as one i can just install games on and such. But the problem...
  10. Windows 10 Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Storage Spaces: Question; Have a RAID 0 storage pool in Windows 10. The storage pool has 952 GB of usable space, it currently has 6.06 GB of space used. I ran a system clean-up which wrote data to securely erase empty hard drive space. Now I get a warning that my storage pool is full. I...