Windows 10: What's wrong with Cortana ?

Discus and support What's wrong with Cortana ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Images - 1. Cortana Settings I'm sorry, this may seem trivial, but did any of the new updates do something to Cortana on my device? Also I'm pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Choice_Negotiation86, Nov 29, 2020.

1. What's wrong with Cortana ?

Images - 1. Cortana

1. Settings

I'm sorry, this may seem trivial, but did any of the new updates do something to Cortana on my device? Also I'm pretty sure, there was a setting called Cortana in itself, that doesn't seem to be there as well.

Is this some kind of under development thing on Microsoft's part or is it something I may have disabled by mistake since I was personalising my desktop a bit ? Any info would help thanks!

EDIT : I've used this Cortana before and it worked just fine, don't know what caused this.

submitted by /u/Choice_Negotiation86
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Choice_Negotiation86, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Cortana - Constant "Something Went Wrong"

So every search I do with Cortana returns "Something Went Wrong". I have websearch turned off because I don't want to use websearches, I just want to search my machine.

Here is an example typed into the cortana search box "Firewall Settings"... I get "something went wrong" and a list of suggestions of "other places to look"... one of those is settings... if I go to settings and type "Firewall Settings" it finds what I want
    right away.

Why can't Cortana?

JHyerXPS13, Nov 29, 2020
  4. What's wrong with Cortana ?

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

What's wrong with Cortana ?

1. What's wrong with Cortana ? - Similar Threads - What's wrong Cortana

2. Cortana default location wrong

in Cortana
    Cortana default location wrong: I am running Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.804 and anything to deal with location on Cortana is completely wrong by several hundred miles such as weather or anything. Location settings are on, default location is set to my location within the Maps App as I...
  3. Cortana gives wrong location

in Cortana
    Cortana gives wrong location: After installing the October 2020 feature update, Cortana started misbehaving. I live in Ottawa, but if I ask for the weather report or a store it puts me in Toronto. I have set the default location correctly, and have given permission to every app to use my location....
  4. Mailbox wrong location for Cortana

in Cortana
    Mailbox wrong location for Cortana: Hi, I have an issue with Cortana which does not appear on my previous computer. All the settings are the same, and this is what I have if I run Cortana with my account. [ATTACH] I tried everything, re-install, change location on my device, change permission, etc. I...
  5. Cortana suggests the wrong app

in Cortana
    Cortana suggests the wrong app: Hi, I only have the Windows 10 mail app installed to manage my emails. Every time I say "open my email" Cortana suggests "Mail" and "Settings". How can I remove the "Settings" option? I've just done a clean install. Thanks....
  6. what is cortana

in Cortana
    what is cortana: what is cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-cortana/e265cf10-b1f7-4ced-bb70-628226b5d037"
  7. Cortana reports wrong location

in Cortana
    Cortana reports wrong location: Cortana has wrong address for me and I have been unable to change it. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I have tried multiple suggestions none have worked. It is very frustrating to told that I am in a location 4000 miles away when in reality I am less than 10....
  8. cortana is wrong

in Cortana
    cortana is wrong: something happens to cortana does not work can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-wrong/7f98c728-f072-4e4e-86dd-c1411c7eb73f"
  9. Cortana tells wrong time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana tells wrong time: This seems simple, but I can't find any way to get it right. Cortana can't seem to tell me the right time. I live in Ypsilanti, MI. Somehow Cortana thinks I live in Ypsilanti Twp., ND. So when I ask her what time it is, she's giving me a time from the North Dakota time...
  10. Cortana "Something went wrong."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana "Something went wrong.": I finally upgraded to Windows 10 a week ago, and most things work fine. Cortana wakes up when I say, "hey, Cortana," then responds with "Something went wrong." Every time. If I say, "hey Cortana, play some music," it plays music from my PC. If I say, "hey Cortana, Open...