Windows 10: What's wrong with file explorer

Discus and support What's wrong with file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am experimental guy who always does something with the pc so today i did something like downloading " AUSLOGICS DRIVER UPDATER " apk cracked version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chetan Sai, Sep 15, 2021.

1. What's wrong with file explorer

I am experimental guy who always does something with the pc so today i did something like downloading " AUSLOGICS DRIVER UPDATER " apk cracked version and extracted it through winrar and when i extracted it and opened the exe something just popped like cmd cracked version and some other files alaways asking permission to change files on hard drive ie user control box so i just restarted and deleted those files about 400 files which i found, were located in %temp% everything looked fine but NOT, when i opened task manager i am enthuastic so i open it every minute i saw that there two wi

:)

Chetan Sai, Sep 15, 2021

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

What's wrong with file explorer [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

What's wrong with file explorer

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

What's wrong with file explorer

1. What's wrong with file explorer - Similar Threads - What's wrong file

2. File Explorer Properties are indicating wrong information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Properties are indicating wrong information: let me try my best to accurately explain the situation from my layman’s perspective, meaning, I am no computer expert and know enough to be a danger to myself. Also, I will try to be descripted as I can, however, I encourage you to analyze the entire post; as there may be...
  3. File Explorer Properties are indicating wrong information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Properties are indicating wrong information: let me try my best to accurately explain the situation from my layman’s perspective, meaning, I am no computer expert and know enough to be a danger to myself. Also, I will try to be descripted as I can, however, I encourage you to analyze the entire post; as there may be...
  4. What's wrong with file explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What's wrong with file explorer: * Related: ITS A VIRUS PLS HELP ME I am experimental guy who always does something with the pc so today i did something like downloading " AUSLOGICS DRIVER UPDATER " apk cracked version and extracted it through winrar and when i extracted it and opened the exe something just...
  5. File explorer sorting Wrong

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer sorting Wrong: I updated to Windows 10, version 21H1My files are sorting wrong. When listed ascending by name, it puts names that are "the same but longer" before the "plain" name. It used to be like this picture below:I need it the old way. When I have a bunch of files of "the same but...
  6. something wrong with search in File Explorer

something wrong with search in File Explorer: I usually using search in file explorer, file name and content inside files. Since this early morn, the result show only folder can't search in file name or file content anymore. Try using troubleshooter, it's detect "windows search is not working" then fixed it, but the...
  7. what is wrong with temp files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is wrong with temp files?: [ATTACH] Yesterday I updated and this was brought down to at least a few MB. now its back to this can its causing me issues. I need some help... https://preview.redd.it/v7mma8sv9cv51.png?width=476&format=png&auto=webp&s=2d39bfeeca560b0c88e4058f42f00708cf2fe081 submitted...
  8. What wrong with Windows 10 1903 File Explorer file sharing ?

What wrong with Windows 10 1903 File Explorer file sharing ?: I have share one directory called workarea among 3 computers. Computer that has Windows 10 1809 Home Pro File Explorer shows only workarea being shareable for all 3 computers. Other 2 computers that have Windows 10 1903 Home File Explorer shows & allows access to thousand of...
  9. File explorer wrong color

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer wrong color: After this October update, that a friend of mine told me that File Explorer would have a matching color of your system default theme, light or dark, I only got this monstrosity in my system. It's wrong in both light and dark. Someone could explain me how can this be fixed?...
  10. File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info: Hi! This is my first thread post. I'm very concerned about this problem which I know little about. I am an avid mp3 collector and massively download files onto a 4TB external drive. The last time I checked a folder's properties to see how many files it contained, it read...