Windows 10: What's wrong with Microsoft Safety Scanner?

Discus and support What's wrong with Microsoft Safety Scanner? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I always download Microsoft Safety Scanner and Malicious Malware Removal Tool but today it says the Safety Scanner is not working. I try it again and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Huxg, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Huxg Win User

What's wrong with Microsoft Safety Scanner?

I always download Microsoft Safety Scanner and Malicious Malware Removal Tool but today it says the Safety Scanner is not working. I try it again and it tries to load but is taking too long and looks unusual loading up and then down and takes a long time. Somethings wrong. So, I did not run it. anyone know what's going on with this? I use Windows 10 64bit and never had this issue before.

:)

2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2916641
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, Dec 14, 2018
  3. jeanacox Win User
    Need help/suggestions to remove this virus. Microsoft Safety Scanner was suggested and tried but it could not remove one

*Original Title: Zeus b2957e virus

Need help/suggestions to remove this virus. Microsoft Safety Scanner was suggested and tried but it could not remove one

which of course is this Zeus b2957e since it is still there. I am a novice compared to most/all of you so I am up for any help/suggestions.

The malware listed on Microsoft Safety Scanner it could not remove= Exploit:Java/Obfuscator.W

[Moved from Windows]

jeanacox, Dec 14, 2018
  4. JamesJoey Win User

JamesJoey, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

1. What's wrong with Microsoft Safety Scanner? - Similar Threads - What's wrong Microsoft

2. What is wrong with MIcrosoft Famly Safety?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is wrong with MIcrosoft Famly Safety?: Microsoft Family Safety does not work both online and in app all I get is:TraceID: eUZz74RHq0uuKKvZ.22.169It is no the first time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-wrong-with-microsoft-famly-safety/fd122957-cf17-46ea-bf78-a2a008c44fa7
  3. What is wrong with MIcrosoft Famly Safety?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is wrong with MIcrosoft Famly Safety?: Microsoft Family Safety does not work both online and in app all I get is:TraceID: eUZz74RHq0uuKKvZ.22.169It is no the first time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-wrong-with-microsoft-famly-safety/fd122957-cf17-46ea-bf78-a2a008c44fa7
  4. SAFETY SCANNER MICROSOFT?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SAFETY SCANNER MICROSOFT?: Hi I just ran Microsoft safety scanner full scan saw 12 infected files while it was scanning said it would give me a report at the end of the scan did not give me a report just said finished scanning? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES...
  5. SAFETY SCANNER MICROSOFT?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SAFETY SCANNER MICROSOFT?: Hi I just ran Microsoft safety scanner full scan saw 12 infected files while it was scanning said it would give me a report at the end of the scan did not give me a report just said finished scanning? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES...
  6. Microsoft Safety Scanner

Microsoft Safety Scanner: Just ran Microsoft Safety Scanner, and while it was running it showed about 20 infections....once it completed, the final report said "the scan competed and no viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software was detected".What should I believe?...
  7. microsoft safety scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft safety scanner: Hi Team, If we upgrade to Windows 10 20H2 to Windows 10 21 H2.Is there any impact on Microsoft safety scanner due to the windows upgrade.ThanksMakkena https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner/a3495a25-a672-479c-bc5b-eea464c0e337
  8. Microsoft Safety Scanner

Microsoft Safety Scanner: While running the scanner it shows that I have 52 infected files. But after completion the scan posts a message saying "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software were detected.Why the conflicting statements?...
  9. Microsoft Safety Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner: When running Microsoft Safety Scanner version 1.361.163.0 the scanner indicates it is finding infected files during the scanning process but when it completes scanning the scan results are "The scanner completed successfully and no viruses, spyware, and other potentially...
  10. What is wrong with the Microsoft Safety Scanner status information and logging?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is wrong with the Microsoft Safety Scanner status information and logging?: EXAMPLE #1 MSS reported it found 19-infected files during the scan. When the scan was complete, it said no infections were found. Here's the log: ----------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Safety Scanner v1.333, build 1.333.203.0 Started On Thu...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happened to microsoft safety scanner