Windows 10: What's Wrong With My MBAM? (Paid Version)

Discus and support What's Wrong With My MBAM? (Paid Version) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For the last three or four weeks this has been randomly happening.: [img] [img] Almost daily, and sometimes not for three days. Sometimes multiple... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wiley Coyote, Oct 19, 2018.

1. What's Wrong With My MBAM? (Paid Version)

For the last three or four weeks this has been randomly happening.:

What's Wrong With My MBAM? (Paid Version) [​IMG]

What's Wrong With My MBAM? (Paid Version) [​IMG]

Almost daily, and sometimes not for three days. Sometimes multiple times a day. MBAM makes no notice of it and continues to function. I've tried everything I know. Today I've disabled Self Protection and so far no event. All I can think of left is an Uninstall and Re-Install.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks ...

:)

Wiley Coyote, Oct 19, 2018

2. Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....

LOL.
    No problem.
    I thought it was a case of deja vu.

Yes, please follow ALL of the steps for a CLEAN REINSTALL and please be sure to reboot again after the reinstall.

Then:
    To minimize confusion, I suggest that we continue over at SF.com here, please.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Why has Windows 10 slowed my computer so much?

If you upgraded to Win10 with MBAM installed, it's very possible that the OS upgrade messed up something with MBAM.
    (It was/is M$ "best practices" to temporarily uninstall your AV, AM and other security programs before upgrading to Win10, to minimize the chance of such corruption.)

Either way, for starters, I suggest a proper, clean MBAM reinstall.
    I suggest carefully following ALL of the steps here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x.
    Pointers:
    • Please be sure you have your license info handy before you start
    • Please be sure to deactivate your account before you uninstall (dashboard > "my account" > "deactivate")
    • Please be sure to reboot when prompted by the removal tool
    • It's a good idea to reboot again after the reinstall

Please let us know if that resolves your issue.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 19, 2018
  4. What's Wrong With My MBAM? (Paid Version)

Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....

Hi:

Are you the same person as the OP here, by any chance, because the posts sound identical?What's Wrong With My MBAM? (Paid Version) :)

The LUA issues were supposed to have been fixed with this current version, but AFAIK that particular error message you show is something entirely different (see below).

I know you said you reinstalled, but it's not clear from your post if you used the "best practices" method for a truly clean reinstall. And it sounds as if you did some self-medication by installing mbam-rules, which ought not to be necessary.

To start, if rebooting the system does not fix the error, then I suggest carefully following all the steps here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x.
    Be sure to reboot when the removal tool prompts, and it's a good idea to do so again AFTER the reinstall.

Please note: To work correctly, MBAM Consumer should be installed and configured from a Windows Admin account. It can then be run under other, LUA accounts and the new version should fix the previous issues with LUA updating, etc..

IMPORTANT: The particular error you show in your screenshot CAN be due to the presence of a rootkit, or it could be another security program blocking the driver.
    AFAIK It is NOT related to the LUA updating issues that were on the changelog for version 2.2.0.1024.

SO: Please let us know if that proper clean reinstall does or does not fix the issue. We can go from there.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

What's Wrong With My MBAM? (Paid Version)

1. What's Wrong With My MBAM? (Paid Version) - Similar Threads - What's Wrong MBAM

2. What's my wrong?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What's my wrong?: Hello all: After years working of my w10, I feel it has changed something out of my experience. Right now every night before I go to sleep, I do the "Start/Power/Shout Down" Then next morning I open and boot it. The strange thing is: after booting, the speed of...
  3. MBAM shows wrong OS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MBAM shows wrong OS: Don't know how long this has been happening or if I should ask at the MBAM forum but reading the scan report from this morning shows clean but OS as Windows 8. I'm on Windows 10 20H2. Has anyone seen this before ? 168464
  4. Is there a portable version of MBAM?

Is there a portable version of MBAM?: I would prefer a portable version, but if I have to, I'll download the .exe version of MalwareBytes. Just don't want anything sideloaded when I install. 163854
  5. Is there a portable or at least unbloated version of MBAM?

Is there a portable or at least unbloated version of MBAM?: I would prefer a portable version, but if I have to, I'll download the .exe version of MalwareBytes. Just don't want anything sideloaded when I install. 163854
  6. MBAM and Defender

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MBAM and Defender: I noticed MBAM has infiltrated Defender. I did the following and hope it is correct. Open MBAM>settings>application>scroll to Action center where there are 3 choices and chose the middle one - never register MBAM in Window Action Center. 136138
  7. What's wrong with my Windows Version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What's wrong with my Windows Version?: Hi, i bought this hp laptop in 3 months ago and i used to have the Windows home version then i got from internet a product key to Windows Education. After that suddenly my Windows wont activate anymore, i would like to have my previous version back since, i did not know how...
  8. Paid for gamepass, trouble finding what I've paid for

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Paid for gamepass, trouble finding what I've paid for: I paid for the gamepass subscription on the microsoft store and I'm having major problems finding what exactly I get for my money. I can't seem to find a way for the windows store to show me which games I have available as part of my subscription as the majority of the games...
  9. Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....

Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....: Still getting the below message on my user account even with Mbam rules downloaded and applied. Doesn't happen on Admin account , i guess i have to download Mbam rules for the "user account" as well . I uninstalled correctly and restarted as requested but still seeing...
  10. Mbam Free

Mbam Free: New Version MBAM Free released.....Version 3.3.1.2183 100897