Windows 10: Whats wrong with taskbar icons?

Discus and support Whats wrong with taskbar icons? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Taskbar icons are shown as default placeholders for quite some time. Doesnt matter if only one program is open or lots. Any ideas? testing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TBacavuz, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Whats wrong with taskbar icons?

Whats wrong with taskbar icons? Xe4pWi4sQxC520IhzoXAWzd3UYLvhn83h4QDq5OevuA.jpg

Taskbar icons are shown as default placeholders for quite some time. Doesnt matter if only one program is open or lots. Any ideas?

testing icons 1

testing icons 2

after some quite random time, it shows what it is supposed to, however this is annoying.

after some time

PS. My PC is relatively new and fast, M.2 SSD so its not about that i am sure. Its more of a bug. ALSO I dont normally use lots of programs at once, in this case only for testing... so its not about that either.

submitted by /u/TBacavuz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TBacavuz, Jun 28, 2020

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Whats wrong with taskbar icons?

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Whats wrong with taskbar icons?

1. Whats wrong with taskbar icons? - Similar Threads - Whats wrong taskbar

2. whats this icon on the taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whats this icon on the taskbar ?: hi, whats that icon on the taskbar? it disappears when scroll over it. occasionally pops upabit worried that it might be some sort of spy or pc monitoringhow to check what it is? thanks...
  3. whats this icon on the taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whats this icon on the taskbar ?: hi, whats that icon on the taskbar? it disappears when scroll over it. occasionally pops upabit worried that it might be some sort of spy or pc monitoringhow to check what it is? thanks...
  4. whats this icon on the taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    whats this icon on the taskbar ?: hi, whats that red icon on my taskbar? it disappears when scroll over it. occasionally pops up in the taskbar abit worried that it might be some sort of spy or pc monitoringhow to check what it is? thanks...
  5. Windows11 - app icons on wrong taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows11 - app icons on wrong taskbar: Hi!I use Win11 22H2 OS Build 22621.2134 on a laptop with 2 monitors connected One is HDMI, 2nd via USB-CSometimes I use 1, sometimes 2, sometimes 3 monitors - depends.Recently I got strange behavior that app icons are on wrong taskbar and I can't fix it.See screenshot...
  6. Windows11 - app icons on wrong taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 - app icons on wrong taskbar: Hi!I use Win11 22H2 OS Build 22621.2134 on a laptop with 2 monitors connected One is HDMI, 2nd via USB-CSometimes I use 1, sometimes 2, sometimes 3 monitors - depends.Recently I got strange behavior that app icons are on wrong taskbar and I can't fix it.See screenshot...
  7. Taskbar Hidden icons, show wrong icons sometimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Hidden icons, show wrong icons sometimes: Hello everyone i have problem with hidden icons on taskbar, when im start my PC all good the problem happend, when im close/exit the app and back later or Immediate so its show wrong icon. most time the icon of windows defender or mic icon. so if has some solution for the...
  8. Whats wrong with taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whats wrong with taskbar icons?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TBacavuz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhdpyp/whats_wrong_with_taskbar_icons/
  9. Icons on taskbar What's this?

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on taskbar What's this?: When I hover my cursor over the taskbar icons for Firefox and Thunderbird, I get a pop-up that says "Mozilla Thunderbird (2). Does this suggest that there are two instances of TBird loaded or running?--I can't find them. 146010
  10. Taskbar icons showing wrong app?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons showing wrong app?: My taskbar icons are suddenly showing the wrong app. This is a screenshot the taskbar with an open a PDF, it is showing the icon for Photoshop: [img] The file icons display correctly elsewhere. I've tried https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html 37980