Windows 10: What's Wrong With Win10 When It Will Not Allow Google Earth To Install?

Discus and support What's Wrong With Win10 When It Will Not Allow Google Earth To Install? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot install google earth pro - not from the web nor from the desktop installer. I get a 'code 2' error message. I've also had another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by arthurbrogard, Nov 3, 2019.

1. What's Wrong With Win10 When It Will Not Allow Google Earth To Install?

I cannot install google earth pro - not from the web nor from the desktop installer.

I get a 'code 2' error message.

I've also had another message, a hex number and something about 'failed to cache'

Wherever I go I fail to find an answer for this. Google Earth insist the problem is MS because the error messages are MS messages. And we must admit GE is installing all day long on hundreds of machines without trouble. And every GE install package is the same.

Whereas Win10 is different on every machine.

This install I have here is only two or three weeks old and went onto a completely new disk. I got a slow disastrous breakdown of my win10 install prior to that and so now this new one.

And immediate problems.

If there is technical MS help here which is what I'm hoping - or at least a direction to it somewhere - then how about that question - the machine you're installing on? Because I've had endless problems here and my other machines no problems at all. This machine is an Asus H170 board with an Intel i3.

Is there any suggestion anywhere of 'built-in' incompatibilities perhaps with some boards, or the BIOS that comes with those boards?

:)

arthurbrogard, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Ole Lind Win User

Install google earth on win10

Install google earth on win10 goes wrong. What means the installprogram registraded failure1603? And how to solve it?

Ole Lind, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Install google earth on win10

Hi Ole,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing while installing Google Earth on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

Could you also send us a screenshot of the error message for further investigation? To send the screenshot, click
    here.

I suggest you to install Google Earth app in Compatibility mode
    and check if it resolves the issue. Here's how:

A compatibility mode is a software mechanism in which a software either emulates an older version of software in order to allow incompatible software or files to remain compatible with the computer's newer hardware or software.

Follow these steps to install the latest Google Earth in the compatibility mode.

1. Download the latest Google Earth software version from the Google Earth official website.

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on 'Properties'.

3. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box 'Run this program in compatibility mode' and select

previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’, run the file to install it.

If issue persists, perform Clean Boot and check if you are able to install
    Google Earth. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10.

To do this, refer below article on how to perform a Clean Boot in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Important: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Please post back with the status of the Google Earth installation, we will be glad to assist you further.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

What's Wrong With Win10 When It Will Not Allow Google Earth To Install?

Google Earth Pro... for who?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• When you say, “I found the Chrome version too limiting, so I downloaded a copy” Did you download a copy of Google Chrome or download Google Earth?
    • What happens when you try to move the Earth?
    • Do you get any error message/code?

However, I suggest you to refer the section Stop Earth from spinning
    from the article
    Fix Google Earth errors
    provided by Google and instead of unchecking put a check mark for the option Enable Controller.

For any installation related issues with Google Earth, please refer the article

Install & uninstall Google Earth Pro

For versions of Google Earth, you can refer the link
    Google Earth

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

What's Wrong With Win10 When It Will Not Allow Google Earth To Install?

1. What's Wrong With Win10 When It Will Not Allow Google Earth To Install? - Similar Threads - What's Wrong Win10

2. google earth pro install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google earth pro install: cant download earth pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-earth-pro-install/f36fe5ea-84f6-449e-b326-ac7e89e9f6b9
  3. google earth pro install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google earth pro install: cant download earth pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-earth-pro-install/f36fe5ea-84f6-449e-b326-ac7e89e9f6b9
  4. Old Google Earth/Google Earth Pro

Old Google Earth/Google Earth Pro: How do i get the older version of Google Earth back, it had all my Ancestry from all over the World pinned on it. When i installed 365 it replaced it with PRO which has not got my Ancestry pins on it. How can i recover it, I do not have a restore point....
  5. Old Google Earth/Google Earth Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Google Earth/Google Earth Pro: How do i get the older version of Google Earth back, it had all my Ancestry from all over the World pinned on it. When i installed 365 it replaced it with PRO which has not got my Ancestry pins on it. How can i recover it, I do not have a restore point....
  6. Can't Install Google Earth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Google Earth: I have been trying to install google earth on my computer for a while today and it will not work. Do you know what is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-google-earth/d22515d9-64a4-476a-85a4-ea982e8a7291
  7. Can't Install Google Earth

Can't Install Google Earth: I have been trying to install google earth on my computer for a while today and it will not work. Do you know what is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-google-earth/d22515d9-64a4-476a-85a4-ea982e8a7291
  8. Can't Install Google Earth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Cannot Install Google Earth

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Install Google Earth: Brand new install of win10. Every day another hassle. Today I go for google earth and realise yep, I haven't put it back yet. So go to download/install it. First I get a google chrome error: 0x80070005. Hassle around, googling and finish up with a google earth downloading...
  10. Google earth

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Google earth: Hi, Trying install upgrade on Google earth pro and got error 1680. Can anybody help please. Ralph https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-earth/b15712c9-8d08-4e6a-b039-be7f89e03f52