Windows 10: Whats your preference on using the built in Firewall?

Discus and support Whats your preference on using the built in Firewall? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; IF we have a hardware router (asus 87R) is it ok to turn off the windows firewall? What is the consensus on using it from users on here? 12233 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gizbug, Aug 2, 2015.

1. gizbug Win User

Whats your preference on using the built in Firewall?

IF we have a hardware router (asus 87R) is it ok to turn off the windows firewall?
    What is the consensus on using it from users on here?

:)

gizbug, Aug 2, 2015

2. Options for search providers

I think I can take a stab at what is happening. They are setting the browser preference to google, and then using the built in bing search. Like if one was on Android and set the browser to use Bing but then used the built in Google search. There is
    no way to change the built in Bing to not be Bing just as there is no way to change the built in Google search to not be Google on Android. Just not going to happen no matter the platform, especially on the biggest platforms in search.

Brad Billman, Aug 2, 2015
  3. krizanand Win User
    Whats the amount of free executable RAM on your 5800xm

Thanks for your reply vrashkov, just wanted to know this because i use mobile internet and twitter client a lot, i hope thats enough for me.

Message Edited by on 10-Dec-2009 06:32 PM

krizanand, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Whats your preference on using the built in Firewall?

I leave both turned on. In my case they do not conflict with each other.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Aug 2, 2015
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    You should leave both enabled.

Router and software firewalls provide different kinds of protection. Good security always consists of multiple layers. Your router or Windows firewall may have vulnerabilities known to hackers, and if not now they may be discovered in the future. Having both firewalls provides another layer of security and a better chance of blocking an attack.

This does not mean multiple software firewalls on the same computer is a good idea. They are not designed to work together and the results of doing so are unpredictable. This could actually reduce your protection.

See this for more information:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/122065/htg-...ed-a-firewall/

LMiller7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Whats your preference on using the built in Firewall?

1. Whats your preference on using the built in Firewall? - Similar Threads - Whats preference using

2. "Can't read your preferences"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Can't read your preferences": Mt PC recently had a blue screen event. After running diagnostics, and restarting, I had the following error message: "Profile error We can't read your preferences or save changes to them. You may not be able to use all features." I have tried adding a new profile and copying...
  3. "Can't read your preferences"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Can't read your preferences": Mt PC recently had a blue screen event. After running diagnostics, and restarting, I had the following error message: "Profile error We can't read your preferences or save changes to them. You may not be able to use all features." I have tried adding a new profile and copying...
  4. I'm using Windows 10 Built-in firewall, but can't open port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm using Windows 10 Built-in firewall, but can't open port: I've followed many tuts on Youtube, but still can't can't open port 15001 for torrenting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-using-windows-10-built-in-firewall-but-cant/138d3202-fb71-462f-bb27-364e5cb1f0a8
  5. I'm using Windows 10 Built-in firewall, but can't open port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm using Windows 10 Built-in firewall, but can't open port: I've followed many tuts on Youtube, but still can't can't open port 15001 for torrenting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-using-windows-10-built-in-firewall-but-cant/138d3202-fb71-462f-bb27-364e5cb1f0a8
  6. I'm using Windows 10 Built-in firewall, but can't open port

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. What is your preferred encryption software?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is your preferred encryption software?: I use Bitlocker, and Steganos. I'm testing Veracrypt whole disk encryption on one desktop to see how well the latest version handles windows updates, and how well it works with my backup software. 179983
  8. What's the use of the "GPU Preference Policy" power parameter ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What's the use of the "GPU Preference Policy" power parameter ?: Dear forum readers, This (hidden) parameter's value can be set either through powercfg.exe, or through the advanced power settings. To see it in the advanced power settings, you have to unhide this parameter, with the following command line : Code: powercfg.exe /attributes...
  9. Printer not using preferences

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer not using preferences: Here's a weird one. 2 systems, one a homebuilt Intel-based tower and the other an AMD based laptop, both: Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit system with all updates. Canon MF227DW Laser printer with the current drivers Windows has all current drivers for the printer. Uninstalled,...
  10. What is your preference, higher FPS or better graphics quality?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is your preference, higher FPS or better graphics quality?: I just bought a Sager notebook with the GTX 1080, and as I've been testing the latest games, I've realized that getting 4K quality at 60FPS is a difficult feat even with the 1080. I didn't exactly expect to get a constant 60 in every title, that would be unrealistic even for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WHATS YOUR PHONE in windows firewall