Windows 10: WhatsApp Desktop app continuously disappearing after pinning it to the taskbar

Discus and support WhatsApp Desktop app continuously disappearing after pinning it to the taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good Day, since a few days I constantly experience an issue that I never had before: When I pin the WhatsApp Desktop app from the Windows Store to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by UdoBehm, Nov 10, 2020.

1. UdoBehm Win User

WhatsApp Desktop app continuously disappearing after pinning it to the taskbar

Good Day,

since a few days I constantly experience an issue that I never had before: When I pin the WhatsApp Desktop app from the Windows Store to the taskbar, it stays there for a while and then suddenly loose itself from the taskbar. It suddenly gets unpinned from it.

I can re-pin the app, but the same thing happens over and over again.

Does anyone have the same issue and anybode have an idea how I can make it stay on my taskbar as it was a few weeks ago still?

I figured out that the app sometimes seems to be updating itself when I see it in the Windows start menu. Don't know whether this is causing the issue or whether something else is the problem.

Thanks for you help

*** moved to englisch Community ***

:)

UdoBehm, Nov 10, 2020
  2. ariefcfa Win User

Bitlocker Causes Taskbar Pinned Apps Disappeared

Alright, the problem is the Desktop directory. Rather than force end explorer process which cause another issue, today i found it is better to moved Desktop directory back to C:\Users\username\Desktop and create a symbolic link to keep the desktop files
    secured with Bitlocker.

The steps are:

• Moved back Desktop directory to original location C:\Users\username\Desktop
    • Moved Desktop files to safe location (in this case to D:\username\Desktop)
    • Delete Desktop directory in step-1
    • Create Dekstop directory symbolic link using elevated command prompt:

code:

mklink /D C:\Users\username\Desktop D:\username\Desktop

This way the Taskbar Pinned apps - in my case - not disappeared unlike before.

Thanks

ariefcfa, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Is it possible to pin different apps on a taskbar on different virtual desktops in Windows 10?

Hi,

You can personalize the desktop of two computers by pinning the apps, documents and other programs to the taskbar.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you referring to dual screen desktop feature of the computer?
    • Do you want to personalize two different PC taskbars?

You can differ personalizing taskbar applications on different computers. You can either pin the same or differ the applications, programs or games on the computer taskbar according to the necessity.

To pin the apps to taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows logo key on the keyboard to open
      Start menu
    • Right click on the app and select Pin to taskbar option from the context menu.
    • Close the window and check if the app is pinned to taskbar.

Refer to Get Started with Windows 10 Love it? Pin it and check if it helps.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of pinning apps to taskbar on two desktops in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 10, 2020
  4. kayjayw Win User

pin Facebook and Tumblast app to desktop?

I have downloaded the Facebook and Tumblast apps to my Windows 10 computer and when I right click on them in the list of apps, I can pin them to the start menu and the taskbar, but not the desktop. Is there any way to pin them to the desktop or create a
    shortcut? I **don't** want it create a shortcut that opens FB and Tumblr in my browser. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

KJ

kayjayw, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

1. WhatsApp Desktop app continuously disappearing after pinning it to the taskbar - Similar Threads - WhatsApp Desktop app

2. Whatsapp desktop app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whatsapp desktop app: Hi,From the last 2 updates ,, I am seeing the message in the attached picture ,, when I am trying to make a whatsapp call from the latest whatsapp desktop app.My speaker is not engaged in any app acc to me during call....
  3. Whatsapp desktop app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whatsapp desktop app: Hi,From the last 2 updates ,, I am seeing the message in the attached picture ,, when I am trying to make a whatsapp call from the latest whatsapp desktop app.My speaker is not engaged in any app acc to me during call....
  4. Pinned apps disappearing from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinned apps disappearing from the taskbar: Title, really. Some apps are disappearing from the taskbar once closed, even though they´re pinned. Any easy fix for this? Windows 10 home, 20h2, 19042.685 submitted by /u/Easy_Atmosphere5906 [link] [comments]...
  5. Items pinned to Taskbar disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Items pinned to Taskbar disappear: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 OS Build 19042.630 Pinned apps Messenger and Skype do not stay pinned to taskbar Re-pinned several times, but disappear after next re-boot Other pinned apps remain pinned, no issues Other apps pinned BEFORE the update remain pinned, no issues All...
  6. Whatsapp Desktop app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whatsapp Desktop app not working: My whatsapp isnt launching no matter how much I try, I uninstalled it nd installed agin it wokred for some time then again the same issue. When I repaair it for advanced settings, it asks DO YOU WANT TO END THE CURRENT CALL? After I end it, it works the when I close it and...
  7. Whatsapp desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whatsapp desktop: Can we set a number permanently in whatsapp web or by any other way i mean to say that i want to set a whatsapp account as we use it in phone i want to avoid scanning qr code again and again. Is it possible please inform how to do it...
  8. Whatsapp desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whatsapp desktop: I want to download WhatsApp desktop i cannot click on free option it also writes down you need more features to install ........... Please help and also please tell how to use it...
  9. WhatsApp Desktop app not working or connecting

in Windows 10 News
    WhatsApp Desktop app not working or connecting: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]WhatsApp Desktop app is a must-have for anyone who wants to be productive instead of always having to check their phones when they are using a computer. It makes life so much easier, so when folks are complaining about issues [...] This post WhatsApp Desktop...
  10. WhatsApp or desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WhatsApp or desktop: Hello I have a iPhone 10X and I have been trying or ages to download WhatsApp for Windows 10 Desktop no matter how many times I have tried it just wont it just does not download on my computer. Can someone help me please...