Windows 10: WhatsApp Desktop App showing progress bar in Start Menu

Discus and support WhatsApp Desktop App showing progress bar in Start Menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There's a bug on Whatsapp Desktop App which suddenly appeared when I did a fresh installation of Windows 10 20H2. Other apps are not affected though.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hafiezul, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Hafiezul Win User

WhatsApp Desktop App showing progress bar in Start Menu

There's a bug on Whatsapp Desktop App which suddenly appeared when I did a fresh installation of Windows 10 20H2. Other apps are not affected though.

When the app is running, the progress bar under the icon in Start Menu will appear all the time without any movement. It will disappear once the app is closed. However, the most frustrating thing is the app will reset every time I close and reopen. The app setting will be reset, and the pinned icon at the taskbar will be unpinned.

I have done thrice installation of Windows using usb device but to no avail. Repair, reset and reinstalling the app from Windows setting did not solve the issue. I've ran WSReset.exe, reset Windows Store from Windows setting, log out and log in again, deleted Windows Store user data from registry, but none work.

Whatsapp Desktop version: 2.2049.7.0

Windows version: 20H2 build 19042.631

WhatsApp Desktop App showing progress bar in Start Menu 77529b67-50b6-45b0-92e9-226625b527c2?upload=true.png

:)

Hafiezul, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Cursus Win User

Start Bar not working after update install in Windows 10

Hi, tried as you suggest. It starts and says Checking application registration... and the green progress bar just goes on and on (let it run for over two hours) and never gets to the next step. Any other suggestions?

Cursus, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Yvonne Win User
    Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

How to show MOST USED apps in Start Menu?

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix the issue with Start Menu.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Start settings.

I suggest you to try the following steps which will help to show most used apps in Start Menu. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and click on
      Settings.

• Double-click Personalization.

• In the left pane click on Start.

• In the right pane check if the “Show most used apps” slider is
      turned on or not.

• If not move the slider to
      turn it on.

• Now check in Start Menu, if it shows most used apps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

1. WhatsApp Desktop App showing progress bar in Start Menu - Similar Threads - WhatsApp Desktop App

2. Whatsapp desktop app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whatsapp desktop app: Hi,From the last 2 updates ,, I am seeing the message in the attached picture ,, when I am trying to make a whatsapp call from the latest whatsapp desktop app.My speaker is not engaged in any app acc to me during call....
  3. Whatsapp desktop app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whatsapp desktop app: Hi,From the last 2 updates ,, I am seeing the message in the attached picture ,, when I am trying to make a whatsapp call from the latest whatsapp desktop app.My speaker is not engaged in any app acc to me during call....
  4. Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app: Hello,I have been using Whatsapp Desktop for quite a while and for a long time I am not able to receive any notifications from the app.I have installed it through the microsoft store.I have found another similar question on this forum but it did not fix it for me since...
  5. Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app: Hello,I have been using Whatsapp Desktop for quite a while and for a long time I am not able to receive any notifications from the app.I have installed it through the microsoft store.I have found another similar question on this forum but it did not fix it for me since...
  6. Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Show download progress bar

in Browsers and Email
    Show download progress bar: After more than 15 years I switched browsers: I us now Microsoft Edge. I encountered many small differences between Edge and my previous browser but in the end I can do what I want with my new browser except for 1 thing: I used to see in Edge at the bottom of each page a...
  8. Show download progress bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Show download progress bar: After more than 15 years I switched browsers: I us now Microsoft Edge. I encountered many small differences between Edge and my previous browser but in the end I can do what I want with my new browser except for 1 thing: I used to see in Edge at the bottom of each page a...
  9. Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app: Alright, so I recently downloaded Whatsapp Desktop from the Microsoft store, for the purpose of being able to see my message notifications on my laptop too. What I noticed, was that I wasn't getting any notifications at all. I checked the settings within the app, and...
  10. Start Menu Apps to Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Apps to Desktop?: Is there a way to move apps from the Start Menu to folders on the Desktop? I want to put all games that are now tiles in my Start Menu to a Games Folder on my Desktop. 46338