Windows 10: WhatsApp Desktop App Wont Update Properly

Discus and support WhatsApp Desktop App Wont Update Properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just tried to use the WhatsApp desktop app, which has been working fine for months, and up pops a box saying "Please update WhatsApp from the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Darren1138, Jun 1, 2019.

1. WhatsApp Desktop App Wont Update Properly

Just tried to use the WhatsApp desktop app, which has been working fine for months, and up pops a box saying "Please update WhatsApp from the Windows App Store" along with a an 'Update' button. Pressing the button takes you to the store, where it tells you that WhatsApp is already installed and offers the option to 'Launch', and round it goes again.

I've tried updating via the 'Downloads and updates' link in the store, but that tells me that everything is up to date.

I've tried removing and reinstalling the app, with the same result.

Does anybody have any ideas? Is it a general problem or something specific to my machine (Surface Pro 4)?

Thanks for looking.

:)

Darren1138, Jun 1, 2019

2. Whatsapp desktop - making a chat / call with no contacts

A friend uses Whatsapp from a phone. I'd like to use whatsapp from my desktop or phone to communicate with them.

I have installed whatsapp on my android phone and have connected the desktop. And am leaving the phone turned on, as directed.

I refused to permit Whatsapp to read my contacts, etc.. I'm not a big facebook fan and know that they share everything everywhere and sell it everywhere.

However, I cannot figure a way to make or even receive a call using whatsapp without using my contacts list.
    Is this true or is there something I'm missing. On the desktop app I put in a phone number and it wants to search my contacts, which of course it does not have. After using "Create Group" same thing.

No way to make a call at all with whatsapp if you don't share your contacts with it?

if so, Whatsapp is completely broken for me.

And if so that's fine since I can use Skype or Discord just fine.

Thanks much,
    wg

Windy Gamer, Jun 1, 2019
  3. imhsp Win User
    Whatsapp on Nokia X ???

Please follow the steps properly your problem will be solved

1.Download my app "Whatsapp Launcher for Nokia x" from Nokia store.

• Install Whatsapp you downloaded in step 1 , Complete your Whatsapp login as there will be no error until you login
    4. After login complete your Whatsapp will start to show error "DEVICE NOT SUPPORTED"

5. Open app "Whatsapp Launcher for Nokia x" and there will be no error to open Whatsapp have fun.

imhsp, Jun 1, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

WhatsApp Desktop App Wont Update Properly

Unable to scroll a long message in WhatsApp while typing

Ok, I will check for an update.
    It's with WhatsApp only.
    Clearing cache, ok I'll check that.

P4-630, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

WhatsApp Desktop App Wont Update Properly

1. WhatsApp Desktop App Wont Update Properly - Similar Threads - WhatsApp Desktop App

2. Whatsapp desktop app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whatsapp desktop app: Hi,From the last 2 updates ,, I am seeing the message in the attached picture ,, when I am trying to make a whatsapp call from the latest whatsapp desktop app.My speaker is not engaged in any app acc to me during call....
  3. Whatsapp desktop app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whatsapp desktop app: Hi,From the last 2 updates ,, I am seeing the message in the attached picture ,, when I am trying to make a whatsapp call from the latest whatsapp desktop app.My speaker is not engaged in any app acc to me during call....
  4. How to update whatsapp desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update whatsapp desktop: How to update whatsapp desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-whatsapp-desktop/e4815555-2064-47d2-864b-7796b4081f61
  5. How to update whatsapp desktop

How to update whatsapp desktop: How to update whatsapp desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-whatsapp-desktop/e4815555-2064-47d2-864b-7796b4081f61
  6. App wont uninstall properly

in Windows 10 Support
    App wont uninstall properly: Hi all I installed an old game (FIFA Manager 06 from CD) to my laptop (windows 10) but it wouldn't work. After trying a couple of things I gave up and tried to install it using the built in uninstaller in Windows. It didn't seem to do anything so I browsed to the programme...
  7. whatsapp not working properly

whatsapp not working properly: i have an whatsapp desktop installed.previously when i should to close the app and click on it ,it would open. but now suddenly when i close the app ,it does not open again , i need to restart the laptop and then it opens. this issue have been started now only, i have...
  8. Whatsapp Desktop app not working

Whatsapp Desktop app not working: My whatsapp isnt launching no matter how much I try, I uninstalled it nd installed agin it wokred for some time then again the same issue. When I repaair it for advanced settings, it asks DO YOU WANT TO END THE CURRENT CALL? After I end it, it works the when I close it and...
  9. Whatsapp desktop asking for update, but I'm unable to update app.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Whatsapp desktop asking for update, but I'm unable to update app.: WhatsApp asking me to update the app, but when I try to access the update, there is nothing to click. When checking the Microsoft play store and checking my library, WhatsApp isn't there at all. When accessing my settings from windows, WhatsApp is an app, but there is no...
  10. WhatsApp Desktop update

WhatsApp Desktop update: WhatsApp Desktop keeps asking me to update, and when I do, even after I have uninstalled and reinstalled, it keeps asking me to update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whatsapp-desktop-update/ac04d84f-a464-489d-9298-3990be7854f0