Windows 10: whatsapp desktop ask for an update, but no update found on microsoft store

Discus and support whatsapp desktop ask for an update, but no update found on microsoft store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't use whatsapp desktop on my laptop anymore. When I launch it, it asks for an update. But when I try to find and install an update, the store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by luigibrozzi, Jun 1, 2019.

1. whatsapp desktop ask for an update, but no update found on microsoft store

I can't use whatsapp desktop on my laptop anymore. When I launch it, it asks for an update. But when I try to find and install an update, the store says the software is already installed and I can only launch it again, which prompts another "update whatsapp" message. I am using Windows 10 in French (whatsapp in french too), winver says:

version 1803 (17134.765 ) .

Thanks for any help.

Best wishes,

Luigi

:)

luigibrozzi, Jun 1, 2019

2. Whatsapp desktop - making a chat / call with no contacts

A friend uses Whatsapp from a phone. I'd like to use whatsapp from my desktop or phone to communicate with them.

I have installed whatsapp on my android phone and have connected the desktop. And am leaving the phone turned on, as directed.

I refused to permit Whatsapp to read my contacts, etc.. I'm not a big facebook fan and know that they share everything everywhere and sell it everywhere.

However, I cannot figure a way to make or even receive a call using whatsapp without using my contacts list.
    Is this true or is there something I'm missing. On the desktop app I put in a phone number and it wants to search my contacts, which of course it does not have. After using "Create Group" same thing.

No way to make a call at all with whatsapp if you don't share your contacts with it?

if so, Whatsapp is completely broken for me.

And if so that's fine since I can use Skype or Discord just fine.

Thanks much,
    wg

Windy Gamer, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Airider Win User
    Store FUNCTIONS!! >

And NOW, following the above suggestion, I checked and USED Store to successfully download AND install WhatsApp Desktop. So at least some part of Store functions!

Since I don't have a SmartPhone (have a beloved antique Nokia 1G), which is necessary to use this app, I have deleted WhatsApp Desktop *Wink

acquired via Store >

whatsapp desktop ask for an update, but no update found on microsoft store [​IMG]

Airider, Jun 1, 2019
  4. OSdevr Win User

whatsapp desktop ask for an update, but no update found on microsoft store

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

whatsapp desktop ask for an update, but no update found on microsoft store

1. whatsapp desktop ask for an update, but no update found on microsoft store - Similar Threads - whatsapp desktop ask

2. WhatsApp desktop old version, cant update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WhatsApp desktop old version, cant update: ? Hi, can someone explain me why my WhatsApp desktop version is Version 2.2308.6.0 and the latest version is 2.2248. 9.0...I don't have any updates to do on the Microsoft store...
  3. How to update whatsapp desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update whatsapp desktop: How to update whatsapp desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-whatsapp-desktop/e4815555-2064-47d2-864b-7796b4081f61
  4. How to update whatsapp desktop

How to update whatsapp desktop: How to update whatsapp desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-whatsapp-desktop/e4815555-2064-47d2-864b-7796b4081f61
  5. Issue regarding WhatsApp Desktop update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issue regarding WhatsApp Desktop update: My WhatsApp desktop is showing me to update WhatsApp at Microsoft Play Store but when I try to download it, it is not happening. I am struggling past so many days. Kindly help me.Looking forward to hearing from you.Regards,Paral Mehta...
  6. WhatsApp Desktop not unloading since updated today

WhatsApp Desktop not unloading since updated today: I was using WhatsApp Desktop on my PC earlier today and all was OK. It then asked if it could update so I allowed that. Since the update it will initially load and work fine however if closed it will not reopen until I go to Task manager and close down all instances. I...
  7. WhatsApp Desktop not updating the messages feed

WhatsApp Desktop not updating the messages feed: I have WhatsApp desktop and always worked fine but after running a deep scan on the Windows Security it fixed 5 issues, it's not updating the message feed at all. My mobile version is perfectly fine but it seems like both apps are not synchronized. I uninstalled the desktop...
  8. WhatsApp Desktop App Wont Update Properly

WhatsApp Desktop App Wont Update Properly: Just tried to use the WhatsApp desktop app, which has been working fine for months, and up pops a box saying "Please update WhatsApp from the Windows App Store" along with a an 'Update' button. Pressing the button takes you to the store, where it tells you that WhatsApp is...
  9. Whatsapp desktop asking for update, but I'm unable to update app.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Whatsapp desktop asking for update, but I'm unable to update app.: WhatsApp asking me to update the app, but when I try to access the update, there is nothing to click. When checking the Microsoft play store and checking my library, WhatsApp isn't there at all. When accessing my settings from windows, WhatsApp is an app, but there is no...
  10. WhatsApp Desktop update

WhatsApp Desktop update: WhatsApp Desktop keeps asking me to update, and when I do, even after I have uninstalled and reinstalled, it keeps asking me to update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whatsapp-desktop-update/ac04d84f-a464-489d-9298-3990be7854f0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WhatsApp install the without using microsoft store