Windows 10: WhatsApp Desktop not updating the messages feed

Discus and support WhatsApp Desktop not updating the messages feed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have WhatsApp desktop and always worked fine but after running a deep scan on the Windows Security it fixed 5 issues, it's not updating the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Calé Rodriguez, Mar 16, 2020.

1. WhatsApp Desktop not updating the messages feed

I have WhatsApp desktop and always worked fine but after running a deep scan on the Windows Security it fixed 5 issues, it's not updating the message feed at all. My mobile version is perfectly fine but it seems like both apps are not synchronized. I uninstalled the desktop app and installed again but with the same results.

I'm guessing Windows Security blocked some "live feed" option or port... I don't know... please help.

Thank you!

:)

Calé Rodriguez, Mar 16, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Unable to scroll a long message in WhatsApp while typing

Ok, I just updated whatsapp but it's still the same, unable to scroll the message.
    I'm not sure how to "clear the cache", I don't think it would help either.
    My mom has never been able to scroll in a long message that she's typing.
    It's just that you CAN scroll a message on android and it just does not work on a windows phone somehow.

P4-630, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Whatsapp desktop - making a chat / call with no contacts

A friend uses Whatsapp from a phone. I'd like to use whatsapp from my desktop or phone to communicate with them.

I have installed whatsapp on my android phone and have connected the desktop. And am leaving the phone turned on, as directed.

I refused to permit Whatsapp to read my contacts, etc.. I'm not a big facebook fan and know that they share everything everywhere and sell it everywhere.

However, I cannot figure a way to make or even receive a call using whatsapp without using my contacts list.
    Is this true or is there something I'm missing. On the desktop app I put in a phone number and it wants to search my contacts, which of course it does not have. After using "Create Group" same thing.

No way to make a call at all with whatsapp if you don't share your contacts with it?

if so, Whatsapp is completely broken for me.

And if so that's fine since I can use Skype or Discord just fine.

Thanks much,
    wg

Windy Gamer, Mar 16, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

WhatsApp Desktop not updating the messages feed

Unable to scroll a long message in WhatsApp while typing

Ok, I will check for an update.
    It's with WhatsApp only.
    Clearing cache, ok I'll check that.

P4-630, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

WhatsApp Desktop not updating the messages feed

1. WhatsApp Desktop not updating the messages feed - Similar Threads - WhatsApp Desktop updating

2. Whatsapp desktop on W10 stopped playing audio messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whatsapp desktop on W10 stopped playing audio messages: It started happening a week ago or so, the play button works, the timeline start moving forward but there is no audio. I can still play them normally in my phone.There are no notifications either, the selected notifications tone doesn't play.Reinstalling the app didn't...
  3. How to update whatsapp desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update whatsapp desktop: How to update whatsapp desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-whatsapp-desktop/e4815555-2064-47d2-864b-7796b4081f61
  4. How to update whatsapp desktop

How to update whatsapp desktop: How to update whatsapp desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-whatsapp-desktop/e4815555-2064-47d2-864b-7796b4081f61
  5. WhatsApp Desktop

WhatsApp Desktop: Hi, I'm GJ; so my WhatsApp desktop stopped working for the last 2 days. It only opens once per day .....idk why. I tried using the Repair And reset from the settings ....but it is still the same. Can you please help me figure this out. Thanks, GJ...
  6. Whatsapp desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whatsapp desktop: Can we set a number permanently in whatsapp web or by any other way i mean to say that i want to set a whatsapp account as we use it in phone i want to avoid scanning qr code again and again. Is it possible please inform how to do it...
  7. Whatsapp desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whatsapp desktop: I want to download WhatsApp desktop i cannot click on free option it also writes down you need more features to install ........... Please help and also please tell how to use it...
  8. WhatsApp or desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WhatsApp or desktop: Hello I have a iPhone 10X and I have been trying or ages to download WhatsApp for Windows 10 Desktop no matter how many times I have tried it just wont it just does not download on my computer. Can someone help me please...
  9. WhatsApp Desktop update

WhatsApp Desktop update: WhatsApp Desktop keeps asking me to update, and when I do, even after I have uninstalled and reinstalled, it keeps asking me to update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whatsapp-desktop-update/ac04d84f-a464-489d-9298-3990be7854f0
  10. WhatsApp Desktop for Windows 10 updated with message forwarding restrictions

in Windows 10 News
    WhatsApp Desktop for Windows 10 updated with message forwarding restrictions: The Facebook-owned social media messaging service WhatsApp last year launched the WhatsApp Desktop app for Windows 10 which is basically a web wrapper but it can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. It’s a convenient way to chat with your contacts on WhatsApp straight...