Windows 10: Whatsapp Desktop Notifications

Discus and support Whatsapp Desktop Notifications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Alright, so I recently downloaded Whatsapp Desktop from the Microsoft store, for the purpose of being able to see my message notifications on my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by [(Jay)], Oct 7, 2019.

1. [(Jay)] Win User

Whatsapp Desktop Notifications

Alright, so I recently downloaded Whatsapp Desktop from the Microsoft store, for the purpose of being able to see my message notifications on my laptop too.

What I noticed, was that I wasn't getting any notifications at all. I checked the settings within the app, and notifications were enabled. I figured I would have to go to the Windows Settings itself, so I did.

This is where I went.
    Settings > System > Notifications & actions

My "Get notifications from apps and other senders" is enabled.
    I scroll down, and I don't see the Whatsapp Desktop app.
    Without being able to see it in the list, I can't enable the notifications. What should I do?

:)

[(Jay)], Oct 7, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Whatsapp desktop - making a chat / call with no contacts

A friend uses Whatsapp from a phone. I'd like to use whatsapp from my desktop or phone to communicate with them.

I have installed whatsapp on my android phone and have connected the desktop. And am leaving the phone turned on, as directed.

I refused to permit Whatsapp to read my contacts, etc.. I'm not a big facebook fan and know that they share everything everywhere and sell it everywhere.

However, I cannot figure a way to make or even receive a call using whatsapp without using my contacts list.
    Is this true or is there something I'm missing. On the desktop app I put in a phone number and it wants to search my contacts, which of course it does not have. After using "Create Group" same thing.

No way to make a call at all with whatsapp if you don't share your contacts with it?

if so, Whatsapp is completely broken for me.

And if so that's fine since I can use Skype or Discord just fine.

Thanks much,
    wg

Windy Gamer, Oct 7, 2019
  4. immi216 Win User

WhatsApp notifications problem

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue, Previously, when i was using Windows phone 8, the push notification was not working for Viber but after updating to WP 8.1, everything start working fine but for some few days, after that push notification for WhatsApp start
    coming late though (Viber and facebook push notifications were working fine) and then suddenly it's stopped at all. I checked "Notification+action" settings and surprised to see that there's no WhatsApp listed. After that, the following troubleshooting steped
    i tried:

1) Soft reset my phone, doesn't work

2) Uninstall and re-installing the WhatsApp, doesn't work

3) Uninstalling the app, soft resetting the phone, re-installing the app, doesn't work

4) Uninstalling the app, deleting temporary file, soft resetting the phone, re-installing the app, doesn't work.

So after a lot of frustration i decided to go to the hard way i did a hard reset.

So, for the few hours Facebook, Viber and WhatsApp all were working fine. Then after sometime I noticed that I am not getting the notification for Viber, though getting the notification for facebook and WhatsApp, I checked the notification+action setting
    and there was no Viber in there, so i again started all the above troubleshooting steps( step 1 to 4) but they didn't help again. So i have to hard reset my Phone again.

After hard resetting my phone (again), everything was working fine for few hours then i stopped receiving Viber push notifications and as usual, in notification+action settings, I didn't find the Viber and on next day, i start getting WhatsApp push notification
    very late...

Any Help?

Thanks

Imran Khan

immi216, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Whatsapp Desktop Notifications - Similar Threads - Whatsapp Desktop Notifications

2. Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app: Hello,I have been using Whatsapp Desktop for quite a while and for a long time I am not able to receive any notifications from the app.I have installed it through the microsoft store.I have found another similar question on this forum but it did not fix it for me since...
  3. Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app: Hello,I have been using Whatsapp Desktop for quite a while and for a long time I am not able to receive any notifications from the app.I have installed it through the microsoft store.I have found another similar question on this forum but it did not fix it for me since...
  4. Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Whatsapp Desktop Notification Does not Appear on Acton Center

Whatsapp Desktop Notification Does not Appear on Acton Center: Hi, Its been a few times I have tried solving this issue. I have tried re-installing the app, did the scan stuff, and updated the windows, to no avail. FYI, the notification pop-up banner did appear for like 5 seconds, after that it goes away, and when I check the action...
  6. WhatsApp Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WhatsApp Desktop: Hi, I'm GJ; so my WhatsApp desktop stopped working for the last 2 days. It only opens once per day .....idk why. I tried using the Repair And reset from the settings ....but it is still the same. Can you please help me figure this out. Thanks, GJ...
  7. Whatsapp desktop

Whatsapp desktop: Can we set a number permanently in whatsapp web or by any other way i mean to say that i want to set a whatsapp account as we use it in phone i want to avoid scanning qr code again and again. Is it possible please inform how to do it...
  8. Whatsapp desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whatsapp desktop: I want to download WhatsApp desktop i cannot click on free option it also writes down you need more features to install ........... Please help and also please tell how to use it...
  9. Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app: Alright, so I recently downloaded Whatsapp Desktop from the Microsoft store, for the purpose of being able to see my message notifications on my laptop too. What I noticed, was that I wasn't getting any notifications at all. I checked the settings within the app, and...
  10. WhatsApp or desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WhatsApp or desktop: Hello I have a iPhone 10X and I have been trying or ages to download WhatsApp for Windows 10 Desktop no matter how many times I have tried it just wont it just does not download on my computer. Can someone help me please...