Windows 10: WhatsApp Desktop Version converts all files (docx, doc, ppt,...) into zip that can't be...

Discus and support WhatsApp Desktop Version converts all files (docx, doc, ppt,...) into zip that can't be... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! Since I bought the Microsoft Surface coming with Windows 10S in October 2018 I can't send Microsoft Word documents or Powerpoint presentations... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 03Julia02, Apr 7, 2019.

1. 03Julia02 Win User

WhatsApp Desktop Version converts all files (docx, doc, ppt,...) into zip that can't be...

Hi!

Since I bought the Microsoft Surface coming with Windows 10S in October 2018 I can't send Microsoft Word documents or Powerpoint presentations via the WhatsApp Desktop App anymore. They are automatically converted into zips despite containing not even 1MB of data. As I can't find any solutions for this problem online, I decided to ask this question here: Is there a solution for this problem? At university, many projects are organized via WhatsApp and sending all the files via e-mail is really inconvinient.

With kind regards,

Julia

:)

03Julia02, Apr 7, 2019
  2. KashDeol Win User

WIndows 10 & Whatsapp Web problem: MS Office files being turned into Zip files when uploaded as attachment

Hi.

Whenever I attach an Office Doc (Word, PowerPoint or Excel) to Whatsapp Web, the file is automatically converted into a Zip file.

People I send messages to are unable to open the file (esp on their phones).

I want the files to remain as doc, xls or ppt files.

How do I solve this issue?

KashDeol, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Converting .doc files to .docx files for editing on Windows Phone?

Save the .doc file to your SkyDrive using the Office app on the phone. SkyDrive itself doesn't convert the files, but Office Live (the online version of Office) can. Launch the phone browser and and make sure its settings are set to display "desktop versions"
    of web sites. Go to SkyDrive.live.com (sign in if necessary) and open the file in the browser. Now you should be able to "Save as..." a .docx file. Now you can go into Office on the phone and download the .docx version.

A very clunky procedure, but it works in a pinch if you're away from your PC. This is far easier to do on a PC, though, if one is available, with either the Office software, or Office Live.

ToddAllcock, Apr 7, 2019
  4. WhatsApp Desktop Version converts all files (docx, doc, ppt,...) into zip that can't be...

ppt to pdf/doc conversion possible?

I've several lectures in powerpoint .ppt format.
    I don't want to switch on laptop everytime when i wanna read them..specially during exams..

so i want to print them...but as ppt presentations have slides..if i will print by that way, it'll print 30-40slides for original 5-10pages..

so by anyway, can any software/trick convert ppt file to proper and printable format[e.g. pdf,doc - but not one page+one slide]?

i'm not able to explain properly..i hope you guys understand wht i want to ask..

Thanks.

freebird_9924, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

WhatsApp Desktop Version converts all files (docx, doc, ppt,...) into zip that can't be...

1. WhatsApp Desktop Version converts all files (docx, doc, ppt,...) into zip that can't be... - Similar Threads - WhatsApp Desktop Version

2. File Explorer Search Working with .docx files but not .doc files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Search Working with .docx files but not .doc files: Windows 11 File Explorer Search If I search from "Desktop", I do see some .docx and some .doc returned based on a search term in teh file contents. I have a folder "Business" on the "Desktop" and a subfolder "Tests". The folder contains 2000 .doc and 2000 .pdf files. When I...
  3. File Explorer Search Working with .docx files but not .doc files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search Working with .docx files but not .doc files: Windows 11 File Explorer Search If I search from "Desktop", I do see some .docx and some .doc returned based on a search term in teh file contents. I have a folder "Business" on the "Desktop" and a subfolder "Tests". The folder contains 2000 .doc and 2000 .pdf files. When I...
  4. Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file.: Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file. When I search in File Explorer it will not find the file that I know and can see when I search the folder manually?...
  5. Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file.: Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file. When I search in File Explorer it will not find the file that I know and can see when I search the folder manually?...
  6. Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My all file[ pic,video,ppt,word ]are converted into xls

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My all file[ pic,video,ppt,word ]are converted into xls: my pic,video,ppt ,word,rar file are converted to xls and i am unable to open them. [ATTACH] * Moved from Win 7/Files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-all-file-picvideopptword-are-converted-into-xls/f6195786-cf41-4f03-af89-73756d2c7461
  8. Cannot upload docx or doc files to certain webpages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot upload docx or doc files to certain webpages: I have a problem with uploading docx and doc files to certain webpages like indeed and Linkedin. so I have tried to do as much troubleshooting as possible but I am running out of ideas. I'm using a Hp EliteBook 850-G4 with windows 10 Home edition I do not have any...
  9. Convert .doc to .docx ribbon to 2016's default settings?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Convert .doc to .docx ribbon to 2016's default settings?: I use Microsoft Home & Student 2016. I have some Word 2000 documents I want to convert to Word 2016. --- I just opened a Word 2000 .doc and converted it to .docx. [img] Then I changed the Word 2000 text TNR fonts to Word 2016's text fonts to Calibri 11 manually. But then...
  10. Word .doc and .docx files open minimized and will not maximize

in Windows 10 Support
    Word .doc and .docx files open minimized and will not maximize: I'm wondering if someone has seen this problem. I've been running MS Office 2007 on Windows 10 for over six months with no problems. Now all of a sudden, Word will not open to full screen, but remains minimized on the task bar. And there is nothing that I can to to maximize...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sending doc file from pc wapp to phone wapp converts to zip

2. why ppt file is hown as zip in whatsapp

3. whatsapp automatically send my docx as zip

4. whatsapp converts file to zip