Windows 10: WhatsApp for web desktop app leaves processes running to the task manager after I exit it,...

Discus and support WhatsApp for web desktop app leaves processes running to the task manager after I exit it,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It worked properly yesterday, but not anymore all of a sudden. Nothing was changed in my PC, nor did Windows 10 install any updates in between for what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NightmaREE3Z, Nov 1, 2020.

1. WhatsApp for web desktop app leaves processes running to the task manager after I exit it,...

It worked properly yesterday, but not anymore all of a sudden. Nothing was changed in my PC, nor did Windows 10 install any updates in between for what I know.
    If this is not the correct place to send this out, please direct me to the right place.

submitted by /u/NightmaREE3Z
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NightmaREE3Z, Nov 1, 2020

2. Desktop app runs as background process?

Hi everybody.

After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 I'm having problems with a desktop app (a dictionary) which won't run as a normal app, but instead runs as a background process. It just won't show up and when I check the Task Manager I see it listed among Processes
    instead of Apps. Any idea on how do I fix this? I tried to run it in compatibility mode for all possible previous windows versions, but it doesn't work. Sometimes, if I run the program several times and leave the respective backrgound instances running, the
    app appears, but I don't know why, neither can I reproduce the behavior. Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Albert

useless-me, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Desktop app runs as background process?

Thank you for your reply, Joy.

I tried what you suggested and unfortunately my application isn't listed there. It's not a Windows 10 app, but an older 32-bit application that should run in windowed mode, but for some reason when I double click its icon it starts as a background process
    instead of a windowed app. That happens in most of the cases, fortunately, at the end it somehow starts as a desktop app. But I cannot reproduce this behavior.

As a temporary solution, to keep it in windowed mode I never shut the computer down, but instead I leave the application running and put the computer to sleep.

Is there a setting to instruct Windows to run my application as a desktop application and not as a background process? Thank you.

Regards,

A

useless-me, Nov 1, 2020
  4. WhatsApp for web desktop app leaves processes running to the task manager after I exit it,...

Whatsapp web desktop app

Hi John, my name is Max and I'm a Microsoft independent advisor.

Where did you download Whatsapp web desktop app? If it is the Windows Store, follow this link. This article provides you with the steps to solve the issues connected with Windows Store apps.

My personal advice is to do the steps 1,2, and 4.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402749...

NighthawkX, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

WhatsApp for web desktop app leaves processes running to the task manager after I exit it,...

1. WhatsApp for web desktop app leaves processes running to the task manager after I exit it,... - Similar Threads - WhatsApp web desktop

2. The Desktop Window Manager process has exited. Process exit code: 0xc0000374, Restart...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Desktop Window Manager process has exited. Process exit code: 0xc0000374, Restart...: Edition Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview Version 23H2 Installed on ‎03-‎02-‎2024 OS build 26040.1000 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.26040.1000.0 After update My screen starts going black frequently...
  3. The Desktop Window Manager process has exited. Process exit code: 0xc0000374, Restart...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Desktop Window Manager process has exited. Process exit code: 0xc0000374, Restart...: Edition Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview Version 23H2 Installed on ‎03-‎02-‎2024 OS build 26040.1000 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.26040.1000.0 After update My screen starts going black frequently...
  4. WhatsApp Web or Desktop not syncing

in Windows 10 News
    WhatsApp Web or Desktop not syncing: [IMG]WhatsApp is the default messaging app for most users all around the world. It is available not just on your phones but can be accessed on your computer as well. One wants continuity between the devices. This continuity is what’s lacking for some users as WhatsApp Web or...
  5. Task Manager Processes

Task Manager Processes: I was cleaning up processed in Task Manager and must have deleted something I shouldn't have. The appearance of the text in emails and web pages don't look as good. They don't look as crisp and the lines aren't all solid. I'm not sure what to do?...
  6. task manager processes

task manager processes: I was going through my task manager and suddenly I saw a process which had Microsoft icon four coloured boxes .it suddenly disappeared. I want to know that which process was that because I have never seen it before....
  7. "Start" process running in task manager?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Start" process running in task manager?: hello, i was downloading some things to my computer today and i noticed i suddenly have a process running in my task manager that's just labeled "Start", it doesn't seem to be using up too much of my memory and it isn't impacting my CPU, but i've never seen this before, can...
  8. Running Processes in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running Processes in task manager: Why do I have multiple processes running of some programs in task manager using Windows 10, Even after closing them with none running at bottom. Example: Microsoft15...
  9. Problem with WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Desktop: Hello. Last night 05-14-2020 an update from microsoft was automatically installed on my laptop. Since then, WhatsApp Web is no longer opening. Even the WhatsApp web page is not opening either. I tried using the WhatsApp Desktop App but it doesn´t show the QR Code. I´ve...
  10. Duplicate processes running in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Duplicate processes running in task manager: I have a few things open yet my computer is running several processes 45 backgorund and 39-80 windows processes. I have 1 google crome 1 Microsoft edge and 1 league of legends open. But in task manager it says 8 google tabs 7 edge tabs and 3 league tabs are open. This is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is whatsapp desktop an app and 3 background processes