Windows 10: Whatsapp on Windows 10 PC - strange problem

Discus and support Whatsapp on Windows 10 PC - strange problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have whatsApp on my desktop which used to work fine, recently after windows 10 update it has stopped working, when I double click icon it rolls... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by emadsadek, Oct 21, 2019.

1. emadsadek Win User

Whatsapp on Windows 10 PC - strange problem

I have whatsApp on my desktop which used to work fine, recently after windows 10 update it has stopped working, when I double click icon it rolls around for a second and then nothing.

I need to add that I have 2 accounts on this PC, on under the company's domain in which whatsApp is not working and the other account outside the domain and in this one whatsApp is still working fine, same app, same shortcut. I find this very strange so please help

:)

emadsadek, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Whatsapp on Windows 10 PC - strange problem

problem downloading WhatsApp

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to download the WhatsApp application in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to download the application from Windows store in Windows Phone or PC?
    • Is the issue specific to the WhatsApp application?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Whatsapp on Windows 10 PC - strange problem

1. Whatsapp on Windows 10 PC - strange problem - Similar Threads - Whatsapp strange problem

2. problem in whatsapp for windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem in whatsapp for windows: Hi and welcome. I have whatsApp in Windows 11, but the app does not send notifications, even when it is open. Notification settings in WhatsApp are all turned on. So what is the solution? Note: I am usingthe WhatsApp which used to be called whatsApp beta not whatsapp desktop....
  3. problem in whatsapp for windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem in whatsapp for windows: Hi and welcome. I have whatsApp in Windows 11, but the app does not send notifications, even when it is open. Notification settings in WhatsApp are all turned on. So what is the solution? Note: I am usingthe WhatsApp which used to be called whatsApp beta not whatsapp desktop....
  4. Problem with WhatsApp update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with WhatsApp update: Whenever I try to open, it asks to update. When Clicking 'Update", it returns every time to same "Update Screen." I have tried the update many times Whenever I try to open, it asks me to update. When Clicking 'Update", it returns every time to same "Update Screen."...
  5. Strange problem in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange problem in windows 10: For some reason, when I click on something that brings up multiple options like if I right-click on something in my taskbar, an option will appear selected as you can see in the attached picture, store is selected. The selection will then move downwards as if I was pressing...
  6. Whatsapp problem

Whatsapp problem: My desktop version of Whatsapp has been working just fine but today the app won't open again if I have have already closed it once during my session on the computer. I either have to restart windows or re-install the application in case I wanna open and close it multiple...
  7. WhatsApp for PC

WhatsApp for PC: I have a while back came across an offline software installer for whatsapp that, instead of having to scan the QR code, it sends a sms with a link to a web page to your phone for activation. Unfortunately I have lost the download, and I can’t find it now again on the web....
  8. Problem with WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Desktop: Hello. Last night 05-14-2020 an update from microsoft was automatically installed on my laptop. Since then, WhatsApp Web is no longer opening. Even the WhatsApp web page is not opening either. I tried using the WhatsApp Desktop App but it doesn´t show the QR Code. I´ve...
  9. Whatsapp for Windows PC problem on Tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whatsapp for Windows PC problem on Tablet: I have an Asus T100 running windows 10. It is a laptop/tablet which can be used without the keyboard, but runs Windows 10 not RT. I have downloaded and installed Whatsapp for Windows PC on it and have an issue. In a message if I have an insert such as a photo or screen...
  10. Strange problem with WINDOWS 10 or PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange problem with WINDOWS 10 or PC?: Hey guys my computer wont start up and is constantly going into automatic repair mode. I have tried to factory reset it in the advanced repair options in startup but it would constantly get stuck on "getting things ready". Things to note: Computer was fine last night until...