Windows 10: WhatsNew.Store.exe Popping up periodically after boot

Discus and support WhatsNew.Store.exe Popping up periodically after boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to figure out the cause of this recent anomaly and how to disable it. Periodically after I boot (and not every time--maybe every 5th or 6th... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ivan Ho, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Ivan Ho Win User

WhatsNew.Store.exe Popping up periodically after boot

I am trying to figure out the cause of this recent anomaly and how to disable it. Periodically after I boot (and not every time--maybe every 5th or 6th time or every 2-3 days), I see the popup in the attached.

I looked at WinStore.App.exe in process list and it did not apply. I did not have the HKLM key at all and I have had SysMain (aka Superfetch) service disabled for > 1 month.

When I look in the process list, the details shows WhatsNew.Store.exe as the popup's process. I cannot find anything about it or how to disable it. I have disabled Settings | Notifications & actions | Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows; but the popup still appears. I don't see anything else that qualifies as "Tips" (i.e., the title bar description on the popup). I do like the notifications, so I haven't tried disabling all notifications. I do have Microsoft Store notifications turned on (so I can see update reqs), so I haven't disabled it, either.

So, what is this popup? It doesn't look like the typical balloon/toast. It is a dialog/app. How can I disable it from appearing? It's not a big deal to keep closing it when it pops up; but I would rather figure out what it is, why it keeps appearing, and why it [seemingly] is trying (and failing) to connect to the net.

Thank you in advance for your help.

:)

Ivan Ho, Aug 27, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Windows store can't download app

Hi Tong,

There's a possibility that you're getting this concern due to your uncleared Store cache. To resolve your concern, please follow the steps on how you can clear your Store cache:

• Open an elevated Command Prompt. To do that, right-click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type WSReset.exe and click
      OK
    In addition, we suggest that you perform a clean boot on your device. This will help you in eliminating
    errors that you may encounter when installing a program or when performing an update.

Let us know if the above steps worked for you, or if you'll need additional assistance.

Joan Pin, Aug 27, 2019
  4. WhatsNew.Store.exe Popping up periodically after boot

windows store crases

Hi Arvind,

To troubleshoot Windows Store apps, we suggest that it's best to reset the Windows Store components. This will help us to clear the Windows Store cache. To reset the Windows Store components, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R to open
      Run
    • Type wsreset.exe.
    • Click OK.
    • It may take a while to complete the process.
    • Once it's done, reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

WhatsNew.Store.exe Popping up periodically after boot

1. WhatsNew.Store.exe Popping up periodically after boot - Similar Threads - WhatsNew Store exe

2. Pop Up After Booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop Up After Booting: When I boot my computer, at start up, there is a pop up asking to select an application to run software before I click on any application after signing in. It happens on each boot. It looks like it's trying to run a C++ or VCPP file... How do I stop this application from...
  3. Pop Up After Booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop Up After Booting: When I boot my computer, at start up, there is a pop up asking to select an application to run software before I click on any application after signing in. It happens on each boot. It looks like it's trying to run a C++ or VCPP file... How do I stop this application from...
  4. Pop Up After Booting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Speakers pops periodically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers pops periodically: System: Windows10 Version 20H2 Battery or AC: Both Model: UX330UA Frequency of occurrence: After each playing sound Reset OS: Many times, Also delete driver an re-install it ======================== Detailed description It is some days that when I change the volume on my...
  6. Strange Pop up immediately after boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange Pop up immediately after boot: RunDLL There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\LogiDA.dll The specified module could not be found. This has just started showing up on my PC. Any references are to Windows 8 four years ago. I have Win 10 and have no idea what to do about this. As soon as I...
  7. SS3svc32.exe popping up on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SS3svc32.exe popping up on startup: This nasty little pop up box appeared straight after the latest update for windows 10. I did this on 24.7.20 The box appears on every start-up when cancelled it reappears for a second time, then stays off until next start up. Apparently its sonic studios there have been...
  8. Dos Cmd window pops up periodically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dos Cmd window pops up periodically: A Dos command window pops up periodically with the following in it. FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\acer\updater2\updater2.xml The system cannot find the path specified. Cannot access file C:\Program Files\DriverSetupUtility\FUB\+ FINDSTR: Cannot open...
  9. SS3svc32.exe popping up on startup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SS3svc32.exe popping up on startup?: Hi all! So, for the past few days when I start my laptop the file SS3svc32.exe keeps popping up and trying to make changes. It pops up twice (I click no both times) and then stays away until next startup. I looked at the file location and it's with a program 'Sonic Suite 3'...
  10. Quick Window Flashing / Popping Up Periodically

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Window Flashing / Popping Up Periodically: Hi, So a window keeps popping up periodically. It just flashes and goes away. I cannot see a title or anything in the window. I am concerned it is malware or a virus of some sort. How can I tell? Thanks, Robert 85740

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whatsnew.store.exe