Windows 10: WHB - PIN option is temporary unavailable after resetting NGC Folder

Discus and support WHB - PIN option is temporary unavailable after resetting NGC Folder in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, WIndows Hello for Business Feature - PIN option is showing error that it is unavailable after resetting the NGC Folder. Working from Home... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by rakeshkapoor2, Apr 27, 2020.

1. WHB - PIN option is temporary unavailable after resetting NGC Folder

Hello,

WIndows Hello for Business Feature - PIN option is showing error that it is unavailable after resetting the NGC Folder.

Working from Home and unable to login.

Cheers :

Rakesh

:)

rakeshkapoor2, Apr 27, 2020

2. Windows Hello Pin won't allow setup - Tried Ngc folder contents deletion

At some point I stopped being able to log in with my PIN or fingerprint reader. Since logging on with my password and trying to reset the PIN I have not been able to use Windows Hello.

Trying to add a new PIN leads to the eventual message of "Something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your pin..."

Following instructions from various help forums I have deleted the contents of the Ngc folder and have also tried resetting the Access Control Lists on the Ngc folder. Neither of these things have worked.

Does anyone have any further suggestions?

loginprobs, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder

My pin stopped working after Windows 10 did an update. I followed instructions read elsewhere to delete contents of my Ngc folder. I went to my account setting to create a pin. It asked me for my password to log in. I entered it and then nothing happened.

Now when I go back to sign-in options for my account and I click create pin the system works for a second and then stops and nothing happens. This is after a fresh reboot. If I try to enter the sign-in options a second time without rebooting the page does not load at all.

Thank you in advance for your help

ssturner1124, Apr 27, 2020
  4. WHB - PIN option is temporary unavailable after resetting NGC Folder

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

WHB - PIN option is temporary unavailable after resetting NGC Folder

1. WHB - PIN option is temporary unavailable after resetting NGC Folder - Similar Threads - WHB PIN option

2. Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder: Whenever I open my laptop and then click sign in, it tells me to create Windows Hello PIN, but before creating my PIN it tells me to verify my identity and enter the PIN for my account, though I don't have one. And when I click 'I forgot my PIN' it says 'You can reset your...
  3. Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder: Whenever I open my laptop and then click sign in, it tells me to create Windows Hello PIN, but before creating my PIN it tells me to verify my identity and enter the PIN for my account, though I don't have one. And when I click 'I forgot my PIN' it says 'You can reset your...
  4. Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?

PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?: Hi, so recently my PIN quit working. For some reason when I boot up my computer it says something like “Something happened and your PIN is unavailable.” And so I have to sign in via password. Once I’m actually on my desktop, I go into settings and try to reset my PIN but it...
  6. PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?: Hi, so recently my PIN quit working. For some reason when I boot up my computer it says something like “Something happened and your PIN is unavailable.” And so I have to sign in via password. Once I’m actually on my desktop, I go into settings and try to reset my PIN but it...
  7. PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. pin unavailable reset pin

pin unavailable reset pin: Pin unavailable on sign in screen, locked out of my computer after update. Prompt screen says pin unavailable reset pin. When I click reset pin the screen blurs for a second, then returns to the lock screen with the same prompt. I can get to the windows Administrator:...
  9. Cannot Create PIN After Deleting Contents of Ngc folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Create PIN After Deleting Contents of Ngc folder: My pin stopped working after Windows 10 did an update. I followed instructions read elsewhere to delete contents of my Ngc folder. I went to my account setting to create a pin. It asked me for my password to log in. I entered it and then nothing happened. Now when I go...
  10. Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder: My pin stopped working after Windows 10 did an update. I followed instructions read elsewhere to delete contents of my Ngc folder. I went to my account setting to create a pin. It asked me for my password to log in. I entered it and then nothing happened. Now when I go...