Windows 10: WHEA BSOD hal.dll with brand new i7-7820x and Adobe Photoshop CC

Discus and support WHEA BSOD hal.dll with brand new i7-7820x and Adobe Photoshop CC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So about 3 weeks ago I built a new system with the following specs: Gigabyte X299 UD4 Rev 1.0 with latest F4g BIOS. Intel Core i7-7820X Corsair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jamesgid, Sep 3, 2017.

1. jamesgid Win User

WHEA BSOD hal.dll with brand new i7-7820x and Adobe Photoshop CC

So about 3 weeks ago I built a new system with the following specs:
    Gigabyte X299 UD4 Rev 1.0 with latest F4g BIOS.
    Intel Core i7-7820X
    Corsair Hydro Series H100i 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
    Samsung 960 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB SSD
    Kingston HyperX Fury HX424C15FB2K2/16 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 Black
    ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB OC

All drivers are up to date, and I have uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Photoshop CC.

I have found one other user experiencing the same issue (X299 BSOD - CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory - Linus Tech Tips).

Adobe ran fine for a couple of days. But now, I get the above BSOD after opening Adobe Photoshop CC. I doesn't happen immediately, but usually happens within the first few minutes of it being open.

System has been extremely stable and fast otherwise. CPU and GPU are NOT overclocked. BIOS setting left at defaults, and even reset to defaults just to be sure. System temps are fine. Clean install of Windows 10 when system built.

Any ideas brains trust?

:)

jamesgid, Sep 3, 2017
  2. dougmckoy Win User

Kernel security check failure BSOD, when I open Photoshop CC

brand new computer with windows 10 pre-installed

every time I open Photoshop CC...

BSOD

why?

OP - Kernel security check failure

dougmckoy, Sep 3, 2017
  3. BSOD After NVidia Update Driver (Laptop) - driver power state failure

Im using Adobe Ilustrator cc 2017 and Photoshop cc 2018. But also my problem is i didn't do anything my laptop got the BSOD. btw thanks for your quick answer

Muhammad EmirYusuf, Sep 3, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

axe0, Sep 4, 2017
  5. jamesgid Win User
    jamesgid, Sep 4, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

WHEA BSOD hal.dll with brand new i7-7820x and Adobe Photoshop CC [​IMG]

WHEA BSOD hal.dll with brand new i7-7820x and Adobe Photoshop CC [​IMG]

axe0, Sep 4, 2017
  7. BTChamby Win User
    SOLUTION!!

-Uninstall Intel Turbo Boost App
    - in BIOS disable "Turbo boost"

Was having the same issue with my 7820x and Adobe cc apps yesterday and found a thread. I'm sure down the road we will get an update to let us use Turbo Boost with CC again.

BTChamby, Sep 4, 2017
  8. jamesgid Win User

Great! Will try that now. It is a shame however because it is going to slow down my video editing/rendering *Sad

jamesgid, Sep 5, 2017
  9. jamesgid Win User
    Yep, seems to be working ok so far. Thanks !!!

jamesgid, Sep 5, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    Please display some images of the Intel turbo boost software installed on the computer (control panel, device manager, bios, etc) Was it visible in each? Were you able to see the driver?

zbook, Sep 5, 2017
  11. jamesgid Win User
    I did not have the Intel Turbo Boost software installed. All I did was disable the Turbo Boost feature via the BIOS.

jamesgid, Sep 5, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    If possible please take a picture with a camera or smart phone camera and post into the thread.
    Our DM log collector displays installed software and drivers and I was not able to see it listed.
    So any images or information that you have so that I can see whereever it is installed and recorded within the computer is appreciated.

zbook, Sep 5, 2017
  13. jamesgid Win User

NOT SOLVED. Just had another WHEA BSOD while running Photoshop CC. Has been completely fine for the last 24 hours because I have not had to open Photoshop CC during that time. But just opened it to do a quick edit and BAM - same BSOD.

zbook - there was NO application installed for Intel Turbo Boost - that is why nothing showed in my DM Logs. I disabled in BIOS the option for Intel Turbo Boost. Next time I restart my computer I will go back into the BIOS and grab a photo. But for now, I have some jobs to finish.

So it is back to the Virtual Machine running an older version of Photoshop just so I can complete some jobs *Sad

jamesgid, Sep 5, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
    zbook, Sep 5, 2017
  15. jamesgid Win User
    Done! (Thanks for the reminder).

Attachment 152111

jamesgid, Sep 5, 2017
Thema:

1. WHEA BSOD hal.dll with brand new i7-7820x and Adobe Photoshop CC - Similar Threads - WHEA BSOD hal

2. cant install photoshop cc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant install photoshop cc: i cant to install photoshop cc or lightroom, i try run set up just close without open window photoshop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-photoshop-cc/9c039013-c7ac-446d-a676-f3db10cf2c71
  3. Photoshop CC 2022

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photoshop CC 2022: It seems there is a problem with oil filter since the new update PS 2022. When you click preview in oil filter window on, off and back on there is an off color square in the photo. sometimes red or green. Using a Windows 10 machine fully upgraded. This one is in the upper...
  4. Photoshop CC 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photoshop CC 2022: It seems there is a problem with oil filter since the new update PS 2022. When you click preview in oil filter window on, off and back on there is an off color square in the photo. sometimes red or green. Using a Windows 10 machine fully upgraded. This one is in the upper...
  5. Photoshop CC 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. ippcvn8.dll for Adobe Photoshop

ippcvn8.dll for Adobe Photoshop: Where can I download ippcvn8.dll for my recently installed Adobe Photoshop? I need to have Photoshop working by next week when my class projects start. I did some research into what an ippcvn8.dll is and why I need it, but so far no sites have been very helpful in pointing me...
  7. Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop: Why are Adobe Photoshop or Creative Cloud apps not in the Microsoft store? In order to download photoshop I would have to switch out of S mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-photoshop/91e72686-c622-4007-95de-b6f0a6136063
  8. photoshop cc 2017 performance

in Windows 10 Customization
    photoshop cc 2017 performance: when I work on adobe photoshop cc 2017 my cpu performance become 100% and I have to shut down my computer for the power button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/performance/09d605a7-ef99-4f54-8131-c38b1c48f910
  9. BSOD after installing new I7-7820x CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after installing new I7-7820x CPU: I just changed my cpu yesterday to a Core I7-7820x and I have gotten 3 screens of death since, is this a sign the processor is bad? 90398
  10. Photoshop CC 2014

Photoshop CC 2014: Hi, When I press "Print Screen" then load Photoshop CC 2014, and create a new Image and press "CTRL+V" the image looks like this, any idea whats wrong? Thanks for any reply [img] 5683
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i7 7820 whea uncorrectable error