Windows 10: WHEA error, is it hardware?

Discus and support WHEA error, is it hardware? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Today I did get a WHEA error, I have explained everything below regarding the error. What I’m wondering is; is this only due to a hardware issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rstolpe, Sep 23, 2020.

1. rstolpe Win User

WHEA error, is it hardware?

Hi,
    Today I did get a WHEA error, I have explained everything below regarding the error.
    What I’m wondering is; is this only due to a hardware issue? Or can it be software related?
    As the log state it says it’s because of the CPU. But I can’t see how the cpu can break now?
    It did not BSOD it did just freeze.
    Please read When did it happen, under that section I'll explain everything how it did happen - the strange thing is that the keyboards smart card reader did stop lighting etc.

Download...

Read more

rstolpe, Sep 23, 2020
  2. KlLLBOY Win User

Enable Windows 10 Pro ECC Settings WHEA (Windows Hardware Error Architecture)

To see the errors found by the WHEA. The WHEA settings are not in the BIOS. I need assistance in the step by step setting up WHEA. I have researched and looked at the page you linked and can't get it to work.

KlLLBOY, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Severin Win User
    whea warning? cache hierarchy error

I just noticed a whea warning in my event log stating a hardware error was corrected and it was reported by a cpu core. the error type was a cache hierarchy error. i know OCing can cause some of these whea errors, and it seems most people just ignore them, but im just wondering if this one is anything to worry about. my processor is overclocked, but i can pass numerous stress tests and games for hours, without any issues or errors in the even log. i think the pc my have even been idle at the time this was reported , or i was gaming . But again usually there are no errors regardless of what the pc is doing.
    anyway, i was just wondering if anyone had some info on this error since googling it comes up with a bunch of different whea errors and no real explanation other than ocing can cause them.

Computer is:
    8700K stock, MTE on, 4700mhz auto clock
    Asus Z370 Pro Gaming
    16GB DDR 3000MHZ ( XMP ON)
    Gtx 1080 Ti Aorus
    Corsair 750 Rmi
    SSD Crucial 525GB
    HDD TOSHIBA 500GB
    Windows 10 clean install 1709 Creator Fall Update ( 16299.15 build october 2017 ,before meltdown/spectre patch )
    All settings in UEFI are stock,defaulted . Only XMP profile is on.

WHEA error, is it hardware? [​IMG]

Severin, Sep 23, 2020
  4. WHEA error, is it hardware?

WHEA Error - Please Help

WHEA Errors 90% of the time are a result of an unstable overclock. sense you said that you are not overclocking than it might be a power supply/delivery issue. i would try and find out what your 3.3v, 5v, and 12v rail reading are. most of the time you can find these in the bios under the hardware monitoring tab. there are other ways to test a power supply but i am not skilled in advanced methods.

if the psu seems alright try giving the cpu a slight overvolt. you may have just got a really bad chip or its just hungry.

edit, why i bring up the power supply is because i had a similar situation were i was getting WHEA errors and just ignored them. after a while the computer would just randomly lock up and i would have to shut it down. ended up being the psu.

Final_Fighter, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

WHEA error, is it hardware?

1. WHEA error, is it hardware? - Similar Threads - WHEA error hardware

2. WHEA Logger - Fatal Hardware Error AMD Northbridge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA Logger - Fatal Hardware Error AMD Northbridge: Hi,Recently moved Windows 10 from HDD to SSD, and now I am confronted with crash/restart with no BSOD can be every 5 minutes, can be an hour.A fatal hardware error has occurred.Component: AMD NorthbridgeError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: 11Processor APIC ID:...
  3. WHEA Logger - Fatal Hardware Error AMD Northbridge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA Logger - Fatal Hardware Error AMD Northbridge: Hi,Recently moved Windows 10 from HDD to SSD, and now I am confronted with crash/restart with no BSOD can be every 5 minutes, can be an hour.A fatal hardware error has occurred.Component: AMD NorthbridgeError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: 11Processor APIC ID:...
  4. WHEA Logger - Fatal Hardware Error AMD Northbridge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR 124 which hardware is bad?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR 124 which hardware is bad?: It seems WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR 124 is almost always a hardware issue. Is there anyway to determine which piece of hardware? Or do I have to go purchase a second PSU and second CPU and second set of RAM just to figure it out?DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused...
  6. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR 124 which hardware is bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR 124 which hardware is bad?: It seems WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR 124 is almost always a hardware issue. Is there anyway to determine which piece of hardware? Or do I have to go purchase a second PSU and second CPU and second set of RAM just to figure it out?DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused...
  7. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR 124 which hardware is bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. WHEA-Logger A fatal hardware error has occurred.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHEA-Logger A fatal hardware error has occurred.: Hi I noticed today I have two of these events, A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is contained in the data section of this event. The first one happened on february 4 and the last one happened on february 24 Haven't noticed any stability...
  9. Windows 10 Whea Uncorrectable Hardware Error BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Whea Uncorrectable Hardware Error BSOD: So for the past month I have been randomly receiving a BSOD with only the error code Whea_Uncorrectable Hardware error. The blue screens will happen after playing games for hours or randomly when I'm browsing reddit...etc. The part that sticks out is once I get a crash after...
  10. WHEA-Logger A fatal hardware error has occurred...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHEA-Logger A fatal hardware error has occurred...: ...A record describing the condition is contained in the data section of this event. I want to know how to decode the RawData numbers in this error. Please don't tell me how to fix it or what could be causing it or try to troubleshoot, or ask me whether or not I'm having...