Windows 10: WHEA Error

Discus and support WHEA Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all - I have a computer I built a couple of years ago that has Windows 10 on it, and it's getting a WHEA Uncorrectable Error that keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Harley_G, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Harley_G Win User

WHEA Error

Hello all -

I have a computer I built a couple of years ago that has Windows 10 on it, and it's getting a WHEA Uncorrectable Error that keeps flashing up, then rebooting. Sometimes it does it rapid fire, other times it takes longer.

I found the "solution" of running Windows Update, and that didn't do anything at all.

I also see all the cheesy "Download this file from us for $XX.XX and it'll fix the error" type websites out there that - as a slightly out of date IT professional, I know better.

So, here's what I've done:

1. Ran Chkdsk - no errors

2. Ran mdsched.exe - no errors

3. No overclocking at all happening

4. No thermal events that I can detect.

5. Fresh install of Windows 10 on a formatted hard drive.

6. All updates - current Windows build, no extras on that, either.

7. Replaced the video card, uninstalled drivers, rebooted, reinstalled drivers. Went from an NVIDIA GTX 750ti to a NVIDA GTX 1050ti

I"m at a loss. My understanding is that this error is usually a driver problem, or something with Windows update. I'm not sure what else to do. The rest of the system specs are:

MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD AM3+ FX-6300 Six Core 3.5/ 4.1 Ghz 95w CPU

Patriot Viper 3 DDR3 16GB 1866MHz
    1 tb WD Hard drive - can't remember the specs

VisionTek OCPC – GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 (New install as of today - I was thinking the 750ti that was on it was about to give up the ghost or something)

As I said - the rest of it is above. I feel like I've tried about everything, yet no matter what I do, I get the WHEA Uncorrectable error.

To add insult to injury - the day I built that computer for her, I built a near-twin for myself, the biggest difference being I have an SSD in addition to the hard drive, and an AMD FX 8320 8 core processor, and a GeForce 1060 6 gb card. It's rock solid, I use it for work, school (I'm returning to college at 50), and gaming (Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1 primarily)

Any ideas?

:)

Harley_G, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Jan Del Win User

WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

Hi, Andrea.

The reason why your PC shuts down suddenly is because the computer protect itself from data loss. We suggest checking this
    link for the troubleshooting steps on how to resolve the error message
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR that you're experiencing on your PC.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 5, 2018
  3. WHEA Error - Please Help

Everything on my computer has been running flawlessly since building it a few months ago. For the last week, I've been getting random WHEA errors. I assumed they would go away on their own since it was a generic error every time. Today, I got fed up and reinstalled windows. About 15 minutes into the new installation, I get another WHEA error. I googled it and decided to get blue screen viewer to determine the root of the problem. I have no clue how to read this error log though and need help in a big way. Can someone please direct me on how to fix this crap? Let me know what other information is needed. I'm going crazy over here.

WHEA Error Qf4KxAj.png

GamerGuy89, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Severin Win User

WHEA Error

whea warning? cache hierarchy error

I just noticed a whea warning in my event log stating a hardware error was corrected and it was reported by a cpu core. the error type was a cache hierarchy error. i know OCing can cause some of these whea errors, and it seems most people just ignore them, but im just wondering if this one is anything to worry about. my processor is overclocked, but i can pass numerous stress tests and games for hours, without any issues or errors in the even log. i think the pc my have even been idle at the time this was reported , or i was gaming . But again usually there are no errors regardless of what the pc is doing.
    anyway, i was just wondering if anyone had some info on this error since googling it comes up with a bunch of different whea errors and no real explanation other than ocing can cause them.

Computer is:
    8700K stock, MTE on, 4700mhz auto clock
    Asus Z370 Pro Gaming
    16GB DDR 3000MHZ ( XMP ON)
    Gtx 1080 Ti Aorus
    Corsair 750 Rmi
    SSD Crucial 525GB
    HDD TOSHIBA 500GB
    Windows 10 clean install 1709 Creator Fall Update ( 16299.15 build october 2017 ,before meltdown/spectre patch )
    All settings in UEFI are stock,defaulted . Only XMP profile is on.

WHEA Error [​IMG]

Severin, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

WHEA Error

1. WHEA Error - Similar Threads - WHEA Error

2. A lot of Event ID 19, WHEA-Logger. Translation Lookaside Buffer Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of Event ID 19, WHEA-Logger. Translation Lookaside Buffer Error: Get this error a lot, event viewer logs get spammed with this for a while then its fine for a while then it happens again.Its always Processor APIC ID: 20 OR 21Plzz help DETAILED VIEW:-System-Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger[...
  3. A lot of Event ID 19, WHEA-Logger. Translation Lookaside Buffer Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A lot of Event ID 19, WHEA-Logger. Translation Lookaside Buffer Error: Get this error a lot, event viewer logs get spammed with this for a while then its fine for a while then it happens again.Its always Processor APIC ID: 20 OR 21Plzz help DETAILED VIEW:-System-Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger[...
  4. A lot of Event ID 19, WHEA-Logger. Translation Lookaside Buffer Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Please help with WHEA uncorrectable error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help with WHEA uncorrectable error: I started getting the BSOD with the WHEA uncorrectable error as the stop code. I ran the hardware tests in the bios and all the tests passed. I then downloaded the windows 10 installation media to a flash drive and reinstalled windows fresh with a partition format. even after...
  6. Please help with WHEA uncorrectable error

Please help with WHEA uncorrectable error: I started getting the BSOD with the WHEA uncorrectable error as the stop code. I ran the hardware tests in the bios and all the tests passed. I then downloaded the windows 10 installation media to a flash drive and reinstalled windows fresh with a partition format. even after...
  7. Please help with WHEA uncorrectable error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. WHEA Logger - A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA Logger - A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is...: System froze randomly, checked event viewer and found a fatal error. found this error log in Event Viewer. XML is below. Any help would be appreciated <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  9. WHEA Logger - A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is...

WHEA Logger - A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is...: System froze randomly, checked event viewer and found a fatal error. found this error log in Event Viewer. XML is below. Any help would be appreciated <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  10. WHEA Logger - A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade