Windows 10: WHEA-Logger event 17

Discus and support WHEA-Logger event 17 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I'm facing the same error and my notebook is constantly freezing. The notebook is: Asus Vivobook x512FJ i5-8265U 8 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vitorpbarbosa7, Mar 9, 2020.

1. WHEA-Logger event 17

Split from this thread.​

I'm facing the same error and my notebook is constantly freezing.

The notebook is:

Asus Vivobook x512FJ

i5-8265U

8 GB RAM

SSD SAMSUNG NVME 970 EVO PLUS 500 GB.

The error ocurred 12007 in the last 24 hours.

What could it be exactly? the ssd, wireless device or gpu ? I'm facing this problem for two months.

The message is:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port

Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI Express

Primary BusWHEA-Logger event 17 :Device:Function: 0x0:0x1D:0x0

Secondary BusWHEA-Logger event 17 :Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0

Primary Device NameWHEA-Logger event 17 :pCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9DB1&SUBSYS_18511043&REV_F0

:)

vitorpbarbosa7, Mar 9, 2020

2. WHEA-Logger event ID 17, Windows 10

A BING search of "WHEA-Logger event ID 17, Windows 10" comes up with a ton of threads. Here is a real big one...

WHEA-Logger flood - Event ID 17 - HP Support Community - 5424405

WHEA-Logge​r flood - Event ID 17

The bigger they are, the tougher the problem. Get back to us with your plan, a question, or progress report.

PCR Just PCR, Mar 9, 2020
  3. WHEA-Logger | Event ID 17 Issue

Lots of people with HP laptops latest 2017 releases have the same error WHEA logger event id 17 and I have that too.....

The WHEA logger error causes freezing whole laptop creating an error in event viewer

Tried some settings in advance power settings

Changing "Maximum Power savings" to "off" in PCI Express ----> LInk Power state management this fixed the error for a while but now i have spotted the error in every latest laptop that has Nvidia Geforce 940 mx graphic card

my laptop is

HP Pavilion x360 14-ba073tx and the same error was also repeated with my friends

Hp Pavilion 15-cc102tx

Can you help me ASAP

And also please explain in detail how to disable "WHEA logger error" as you done above

Thanks in advance

VENKATA RAJUPUTRA, Mar 9, 2020
  4. *Sunny* Win User

WHEA-Logger event 17

WHEA-Logger event ID 17, Windows 10

Hi ThofikhAhamad,

Thanks for your reply. I completed the steps in Method 1. Here are the results:

(step 5a) - Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

(steps 5b and 5c) - No component store corruption detected. The operation completed successfully.

(step 5d) - The restore operation completed successfully. The operation completed successfully.

The issue was not resolved, so I restarted the computer. Then I checked Windows Update. It said "Your device is up to date. Available updates will be downloaded and installed automatically."

I'm still getting the WHEA-Logger entries in the event viewer. I've had 25 of them in the last 15 minutes. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks again,

*Sunny*, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

WHEA-Logger event 17

1. WHEA-Logger event 17 - Similar Threads - WHEA Logger event

2. WHEA logger error Event ID 17

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA logger error Event ID 17: Blue screen have started to appear randomly.The following error is observed A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1:0x2Secondary Bus:Device:Function:...
  3. WHEA logger error Event ID 17

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA logger error Event ID 17: Blue screen have started to appear randomly.The following error is observed A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1:0x2Secondary Bus:Device:Function:...
  4. Event 17, WHEA-Logger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 17, WHEA-Logger: My Alienware R12 started freezing randomly. It's been a few weeks.The only thing that's strange was these Event 17, WHEA-Logger warnings found in the Event Viewer.Reinstalled the OS. All drivers and BIOS are up to date. No malwares or virus are found. Passed every hardware...
  5. Event 17, WHEA-Logger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event 17, WHEA-Logger: My Alienware R12 started freezing randomly. It's been a few weeks.The only thing that's strange was these Event 17, WHEA-Logger warnings found in the Event Viewer.Reinstalled the OS. All drivers and BIOS are up to date. No malwares or virus are found. Passed every hardware...
  6. Event 17, WHEA-Logger issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 17, WHEA-Logger issues: Hi - When I look in Event Viewer, I literally have thousands of messages relating to the above error and it seems to involve this hardware below. Does anybody know what is causing this and how to stop it as all of the drivers are up to date ? I can provide the System Logs...
  7. WHEA-Logger event 17

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHEA-Logger event 17: What do you want to do ? New mail My PC ASUS Vivobook X512FA.300 / Windows 10 Pro generates now as you can see below about 10 warnings / mn like the one below : Une erreur matérielle corrigée s’est produite. Composant : Port racine PCI Express Source de l’erreur : Rapport...
  8. WHEA-Logger event 17

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA-Logger event 17: Hello i recently notice there are some warnings in the event viewer. Apparently this errors starts up on during windows boot up. The whea logger event doesnt log after window finished booting up This laptop is only a few weeks old. Laptop Brand ASUS Model X512FL Windows...
  9. WHEA-Logger 17

WHEA-Logger 17: Hi I'm RobertoI'm having an error that makes my screen go black or invisible for a moment and then it shows up, but the desktop is running because I can see the taskbar and if I have something there like task manager I can previsualize it and see the entire desktop working....
  10. whea logger event 17 fixed

whea logger event 17 fixed: I had this problem with literally thousands of warnings per hour clogging up the log. After reading other discussion I gleaned that the device id in the error message is the key. in my case it was 8086 9D13,the 8086 means it is intel. I looked in device manager and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. A corrected hardware error has occurred. Component: PCI Express Root Port Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express) Primary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x4 Secondary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0 Primary Device Name: Secondary Device