Windows 10: WHEA-Logger Event ID 17 flooding System Events

Discus and support WHEA-Logger Event ID 17 flooding System Events in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, For you guys it's probably the same old story. For me is something completely new, even though I'm using computers since about 21 years ago.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexMCon2, Jul 16, 2018.

1. AlexMCon2 Win User

WHEA-Logger Event ID 17 flooding System Events

Hello,

For you guys it's probably the same old story. For me is something completely new, even though I'm using computers since about 21 years ago.

Can someone identify this particular WHEA problem? I just bought an ASUS Ultrabook (Ultrabook ASUS 14'' VivoBook S14 S406UA, FHD, Procesor Intel® Core™ i5-8250U) and after activating the Windows (which I installed using the microsoft media creation tool) and installing all the software that i want (AVG, uTorrent, Malwarebytes, Adobe Flash, Adobe Reader, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Office 2016, VLC) i keep getting WHEA BS. I checked the event viewer and found this:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-" Guid="{C26C4F3C-3F66-4E99-" />
    <EventID>17</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-07-15T20:41:" />
    <EventRecordID>1144</EventReco>
    <Correlation ActivityID="{52F6EA34-9AFB-" />
    <Execution ProcessID="3500" ThreadID="6224" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>WIN-K2DQOM4BQKK</Com>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="ErrorSource">4</Data>
    <Data Name="FRUId">{00000000-0000-</Data>
    <Data Name="FRUText" />
    <Data Name="ValidBits">0xdf</Data>
    <Data Name="PortType">4</Data>
    <Data Name="Version">0x101</Data>
    <Data Name="Command">0x10</Data>
    <Data Name="Status">0x406</Data>
    <Data Name="Bus">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="Device">0x1c</Data>
    <Data Name="Function">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="Segment">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SecondaryBus">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="Slot">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="VendorID">0x8086</Data>
    <Data Name="DeviceID">0x9d15</Data>
    <Data Name="ClassCode">0x30400</Data
    <Data Name="DeviceSerialNumber">0x0<Data>
    <Data Name="BridgeControl">0x0</Data
    <Data Name="BridgeStatus">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="UncorrectableErrorStatus>0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="CorrectableErrorStatus"></Data>
    <Data Name="HeaderLog">0000000000000</Data>
    <Data Name="Length">672</Data>
    (i deleted the raw data line - hope it's not a problem)

</EventData>
    </Event>

Also, I installed all drivers (if it matters, I think it probably does) using no tool, but the built-in windows tool from device manager. I read in a couple of places that some drivers are not compatible with the chipset.

Maybe you could help me figure things out, cuz I really like this laptop, don't want to return it! Thanks a lot and good day to you all!

:)

AlexMCon2, Jul 16, 2018

2. WHEA-Logger event ID 17, Windows 10

A BING search of "WHEA-Logger event ID 17, Windows 10" comes up with a ton of threads. Here is a real big one...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...ry/WHEA-Logger-flood-Event-ID-17/td-p/5424405

WHEA-Logge​r flood - Event ID 17

The bigger they are, the tougher the problem. Get back to us with your plan, a question, or progress report.

PCR Just PCR, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Tima777 Win User

Good day!

I've got the same problem with this laptop model ASUS X555UB.

Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger
    Date: 07.02.2016 20:17:19
    Event ID: 17
    Task Category: None
    Level: Warning
    Keywords:
    User: LOCAL SERVICE
    Computer: DESKTOP-5C70LDP
    Description:
    A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
    Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Bus*Big Grin WHEA-Logger Event ID 17 flooding System Events :Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x5
    Vendor ID*Big Grin WHEA-Logger Event ID 17 flooding System Events :Device ID: 0x8086:0x9D15
    Class Code: 0x30400

I updaded all drivers, installed all updates for windows 10, checked the latest drivers from ASUS, updated BIOS. Nothing helped to avoid this WHEA problem. I wrote to ASUS support, still waiting their answers but I am not sure that they will give useful information how to deal this it. Did you have a chance to fix it thus far,
    satindemon4u?

Tima777, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Tima777 Win User

I decided not to visit ASUS service center because after 2-3 weeks they would say 'we couldnt do anything'. I googled about whea-logger, event 17 problem. It takes place on all 6th Intels modification. So, there is another question for me. How could computer companiess release the laptops with errors and problems? or did they cut all staff positions of quality control deparments? Rdiculous, in any case.

Tima777, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

1. WHEA-Logger Event ID 17 flooding System Events - Similar Threads - WHEA Logger Event

2. WHEA Logger Event ID 17, DPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA Logger Event ID 17, DPS: Im getting multiple Whea-Logger error in event viewer which all lead to DPSDiagnostic Policy Service service. I uptaded bios, drivers and windows. Can i disable it forever?Error message:A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source:...
  3. WHEA Logger Event ID 17, DPS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA Logger Event ID 17, DPS: Im getting multiple Whea-Logger error in event viewer which all lead to DPSDiagnostic Policy Service service. I uptaded bios, drivers and windows. Can i disable it forever?Error message:A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source:...
  4. WHEA logger error Event ID 17

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA logger error Event ID 17: Blue screen have started to appear randomly.The following error is observed A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1:0x2Secondary Bus:Device:Function:...
  5. WHEA logger error Event ID 17

WHEA logger error Event ID 17: Blue screen have started to appear randomly.The following error is observed A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1:0x2Secondary Bus:Device:Function:...
  6. Event 17, WHEA-Logger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 17, WHEA-Logger: My Alienware R12 started freezing randomly. It's been a few weeks.The only thing that's strange was these Event 17, WHEA-Logger warnings found in the Event Viewer.Reinstalled the OS. All drivers and BIOS are up to date. No malwares or virus are found. Passed every hardware...
  7. Event 17, WHEA-Logger

Event 17, WHEA-Logger: My Alienware R12 started freezing randomly. It's been a few weeks.The only thing that's strange was these Event 17, WHEA-Logger warnings found in the Event Viewer.Reinstalled the OS. All drivers and BIOS are up to date. No malwares or virus are found. Passed every hardware...
  8. WHEA-Logger event 17

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHEA-Logger event 17: What do you want to do ? New mail My PC ASUS Vivobook X512FA.300 / Windows 10 Pro generates now as you can see below about 10 warnings / mn like the one below : Une erreur matérielle corrigée s’est produite. Composant : Port racine PCI Express Source de l’erreur : Rapport...
  9. WHEA-Logger event 17

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA-Logger event 17: Split from this thread. I'm facing the same error and my notebook is constantly freezing. The notebook is: Asus Vivobook x512FJ i5-8265U 8 GB RAM SSD SAMSUNG NVME 970 EVO PLUS 500 GB. The error ocurred 12007 in the last 24 hours. What could it be exactly? the...
  10. event 17 WHEA Logger error flooding + wifi problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    event 17 WHEA Logger error flooding + wifi problem: A corrected hardware error has occurred. Component: PCI Express Root Port Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express) Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x5 Vendor ID:Device ID: 0x8086:0x9D15 Class Code: 0x30400 Hi all! After searching alot i give up. When i moving...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 event id 17 asus

2. windows 10 whea-logger

3. whea windows 2016 event 16

4. whea-logger event id 17,
  5. surface event id 17,
  6. asus vivobook whea eventid 17,
  7. pci express root port event 17 error whea-logger ASUS vivobook s14,
  8. whea logger 17,
  9. event 17 whea logger windows 10