Windows 10: WHEA Logger Event ID 18

Discus and support WHEA Logger Event ID 18 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Computer Type: Desktop GPU: Radeon RX 5700XT CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: MSI B450 A Pro Max RAM: GSkill Ripjaws 8GB X2 16GB in total PSU:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ahmad Safi, Jul 31, 2020.

1. WHEA Logger Event ID 18

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: Radeon RX 5700XT

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard: MSI B450 A Pro Max

RAM: GSkill Ripjaws 8GB X2 16GB in total

PSU: Thermaltake Smart RGB 700W

Case: Midtower with 1 stock fan

Operating System & Version: Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19041

GPU Drivers: Radeon Software Adrenaline 20.4.2

Chipset Drivers: AMD Chipset Software 2.5.4.352

Hard Disk: SSD - Crucial 1TB M2 Nvme

Background Applications: Happens irrespective of what applications running

Description of Original Problem: My newly built PC keeps on restarting randomly. Sometimes, it will run for 6-10 hours without any issue. Then other times it will simply restart when I open an application browser, tabs, etc. or games and sometimes it just restarts at its will. Every time it restarts, the event logger logs the below errror:

"A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core Error Source: Machine Check Exception Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error Processor APIC ID: 11

The details view of this entry contains further information."

Troubleshooting: I have updated all the drivers. Deleted and reinstalled and updated all the drivers. Checked if the CPU fan is properly attached to the CPU, if GPU is properly attached, if RAMs are properly attached, and everything else. All of them seem perfectly fitted. Used various software to test CPU, GPU, RAM, etc. All came back with good results. Did memory test and DISM test. Both were successful without any error.

Please assist.

:)

Ahmad Safi, Jul 31, 2020

2. WHEA-Logger event ID 17, Windows 10

A BING search of "WHEA-Logger event ID 17, Windows 10" comes up with a ton of threads. Here is a real big one...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...ry/WHEA-Logger-flood-Event-ID-17/td-p/5424405

WHEA-Logge​r flood - Event ID 17

The bigger they are, the tougher the problem. Get back to us with your plan, a question, or progress report.

PCR Just PCR, Jul 31, 2020
  3. WHEA Logger Event ID 19

Thanks Johann,

However nothing was reported missing or corrupted during the scan. All was fine at the end of it. Still getting the WHEA Logger Event ID 19 though.

Jeff D_994, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Kol12 Win User

WHEA Logger Event ID 18

Kol12, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

WHEA Logger Event ID 18

1. WHEA Logger Event ID 18 - Similar Threads - WHEA Logger Event

2. Whea logger id 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whea logger id 1: Uncorrectable error -<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -<System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger" Guid="{c26c4f3c-3f66-4e99-8f8a-39405cfed220}" /> <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level>...
  3. WHEA-Logger event 17

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHEA-Logger event 17: What do you want to do ? New mail My PC ASUS Vivobook X512FA.300 / Windows 10 Pro generates now as you can see below about 10 warnings / mn like the one below : Une erreur matérielle corrigée s’est produite. Composant : Port racine PCI Express Source de l’erreur : Rapport...
  4. WHEA-Logger warning, Event ID 17, Windows 10

WHEA-Logger warning, Event ID 17, Windows 10: In the Event Viewer I have repeating warnings : A corrected hardware error has occurred. Component: PCI Express Root Port Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI Express Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x5 Vendor ID: 0x8986, Device ID: 0xa115 Class Code: 0x30400...
  5. WHEA-Logger event 17

WHEA-Logger event 17: Split from this thread. I'm facing the same error and my notebook is constantly freezing. The notebook is: Asus Vivobook x512FJ i5-8265U 8 GB RAM SSD SAMSUNG NVME 970 EVO PLUS 500 GB. The error ocurred 12007 in the last 24 hours. What could it be exactly? the...
  6. WHEA-Logger event 17

WHEA-Logger event 17: Hello i recently notice there are some warnings in the event viewer. Apparently this errors starts up on during windows boot up. The whea logger event doesnt log after window finished booting up This laptop is only a few weeks old. Laptop Brand ASUS Model X512FL Windows...
  7. WHEA logger event id 19

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WHEA logger event id 19: https://imgur.com/a/A73SX0W Never had this before.The only thing I can think of is the updates from yesterday.Had like 3 different updates and 1 of them was cumulative.(cpu is a 9900k not oc'd) When the error happend I personally noticed nothing tbh and there's seems to be...
  8. WHEA-Logger event ID 17, Windows 10

WHEA-Logger event ID 17, Windows 10: i'm using "ASUS Vivobook 15 X542UN" Laptop.And in event viewer. i can see that there is as warning showing me which is WHEA-Loger Event ID 17. and i need proper and absolute solution about that warning.please resolve my problem as soon as you can.and confirm me if i need to...
  9. WHEA-Logger Event ID 17 flooding System Events

WHEA-Logger Event ID 17 flooding System Events: Hello, For you guys it's probably the same old story. For me is something completely new, even though I'm using computers since about 21 years ago. Can someone identify this particular WHEA problem? I just bought an ASUS Ultrabook (Ultrabook ASUS 14'' VivoBook S14 S406UA,...
  10. Whea-logger event 19

Whea-logger event 19: I am getting these warnings in the event viewer for about 1 day started at 3:00 at night, now seems that these errors have stopped when I updated Windows 10 to newest version 16299.214. Look at the photo, apcid,errortype [img] Why I am get those warnings in 21...