Windows 10: WHEA Logger - PCI Express Events - Shotdowns

Discus and support WHEA Logger - PCI Express Events - Shotdowns in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; These entries going all day long. A blue screen or automatic restart daily...A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SDACloud, Apr 19, 2022.

1. SDACloud Win User

WHEA Logger - PCI Express Events - Shotdowns

These entries going all day long. A blue screen or automatic restart daily...A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary BusWHEA Logger - PCI Express Events - Shotdowns :Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x0Secondary BusWHEA Logger - PCI Express Events - Shotdowns :Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0Primary Device NameWHEA Logger - PCI Express Events - Shotdowns :pCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A111&SUBSYS_07B11028&REV_F1Secondary Device Name:Apparently this device name matches up with : IntelR 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PCI Expres

:)

SDACloud, Apr 19, 2022

2. WHEA-Logger | Event ID 17 Issue

Lots of people with HP laptops latest 2017 releases have the same error WHEA logger event id 17 and I have that too.....

The WHEA logger error causes freezing whole laptop creating an error in event viewer

Tried some settings in advance power settings

Changing "Maximum Power savings" to "off" in PCI Express ----> LInk Power state management this fixed the error for a while but now i have spotted the error in every latest laptop that has Nvidia Geforce 940 mx graphic card

my laptop is

HP Pavilion x360 14-ba073tx and the same error was also repeated with my friends

Hp Pavilion 15-cc102tx

Can you help me ASAP

And also please explain in detail how to disable "WHEA logger error" as you done above

Thanks in advance

VENKATA RAJUPUTRA, Apr 19, 2022
  3. S.Nagy Win User
    WHEA-Logger | Event ID 17 Issue

Hello.

I had the same problem on my Biostar TB250 pro motherboard.

Previously in the BIOS settings I changed the PCIe Speed to GEN1 for all of the PCI Express slots.

In my case this was the cause of the flood of whea-logger errors.

I changed them to GEN2 speed and the WHEA log errors disappeared.

S.Nagy, Apr 19, 2022
  4. WHEA Logger - PCI Express Events - Shotdowns

WHEA-Logger event 17

I'm facing the same error and my notebook is constantly freezing.

The notebook is:

Asus Vivobook x512FJ

i5-8265U

8 GB RAM

SSD SAMSUNG NVME 970 EVO PLUS 500 GB.

The error ocurred 12007 in the last 24 hours.

What could it be exactly? the ssd, wireless device or gpu ? I'm facing this problem for two months.

The message is:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port

Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Primary BusWHEA Logger - PCI Express Events - Shotdowns :Device:Function: 0x0:0x1D:0x0

Secondary BusWHEA Logger - PCI Express Events - Shotdowns :Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0

Primary Device NameWHEA Logger - PCI Express Events - Shotdowns :pCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9DB1&SUBSYS_18511043&REV_F0

vitorpbarbosa7, Apr 19, 2022
Thema:

WHEA Logger - PCI Express Events - Shotdowns

1. WHEA Logger - PCI Express Events - Shotdowns - Similar Threads - WHEA Logger PCI

2. WHEA-Logger Event 17 - PCI Express Root Port 7AB3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA-Logger Event 17 - PCI Express Root Port 7AB3: In response to my previous post about this problem below:WHEA-Logger Event 17 - PCI Express Root Port - Microsoft CommunityI think I have the solution, and it has to do with PCI-E Native Power Management in the BIOS for Asus Z790 motherboards. The problem goes away if you...
  3. WHEA-Logger Event 17 - PCI Express Root Port 7AB3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA-Logger Event 17 - PCI Express Root Port 7AB3: In response to my previous post about this problem below:WHEA-Logger Event 17 - PCI Express Root Port - Microsoft CommunityI think I have the solution, and it has to do with PCI-E Native Power Management in the BIOS for Asus Z790 motherboards. The problem goes away if you...
  4. Windows 11 - WHEA-logger code 17. PCI express root port code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - WHEA-logger code 17. PCI express root port code: My PC at time freezes but the power is still on.I have a code 17 error for PCI express root port.I have uninstalled, reinstalled, updated drivers and windows update. Also updated BIOS and other drivers.I have run hardware trouble shooter....
  5. WHEA-Logger Event 17 - PCI Express Root Port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA-Logger Event 17 - PCI Express Root Port: Hi, I am trying to find out what is causing the WHEA-Logger error below and it's consistently on Port 7A3B but I am unable to identify what it is connected to. It various from being fairly frequent to occasionally frequent.My specs:13900kZ790 Asus Maximus Extreme 2x16GB Team...
  6. WHEA-Logger Event 17 - PCI Express Root Port

WHEA-Logger Event 17 - PCI Express Root Port: Hi, I am trying to find out what is causing the WHEA-Logger error below and it's consistently on Port 7A3B but I am unable to identify what it is connected to. It various from being fairly frequent to occasionally frequent.My specs:13900kZ790 Asus Maximus Extreme 2x16GB Team...
  7. WHEA Logger - PCI Express Events - Shotdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA Logger - PCI Express Events - Shotdowns: These entries going all day long. A blue screen or automatic restart daily...A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x0Secondary Bus:Device:Function:...
  8. WHEA Logger - PCI Express Events - Shotdowns

WHEA Logger - PCI Express Events - Shotdowns: These entries going all day long. A blue screen or automatic restart daily...A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x0Secondary Bus:Device:Function:...
  9. PCI Express Root Port WHEA-Logger Event ID 17 warning

in Windows 10 Support
    PCI Express Root Port WHEA-Logger Event ID 17 warning: Window 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.746) Inexpensive Acer Aspire E5-575G, hopefully the full specifications are available from my profile, if required. I looked at previous post and found that the answer to similar problems seemed to be solved by updating drivers,...
  10. WHEA\LOGGER EVENT ID 17-A CORRECTED HARDWARE ERROR HAS OCCURED-PCI EXPRESS ENDPOINT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHEA\LOGGER EVENT ID 17-A CORRECTED HARDWARE ERROR HAS OCCURED-PCI EXPRESS ENDPOINT: I was getting a lot of these errors in event viewer. Primary device name points to my Samsung 970 evo plus. Found out error only happens when i open Samsung Magician. PC also has I7 8700k and Nvidia 1070. Hp Omen 880-160cto with [4] 8gb crucial memory and [2] Samsung 860...