Windows 10: WHEA uncorrectable error (long term issue)

Discus and support WHEA uncorrectable error (long term issue) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having this blue screen of death for a few months now and I was really passive about it because it was happening only once in a while. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by #pensum, Dec 13, 2019.

1. #pensum Win User

WHEA uncorrectable error (long term issue)

I have been having this blue screen of death for a few months now and I was really passive about it because it was happening only once in a while. I never could find the origin of the problem. I will try to be as clear as possible when giving the steps I have tried over the first time it happened and today. Here it goes :

• First crash probably occured when I was gaming or to be honest, I don't really remember. What is important to know at that time is that I didn't know what to do or how to troubleshoot it.
    • Few weeks later, more crashes happened once in a while but eh, I wasn't bothered.
    • At one point in time, I tried to troubleshoot it and I did something that triggered the crash instantly : Intel® Driver & Support Assistant was offering me to update my drivers and I did.
    • That is when I understood that "Intel" was the problem so I uninstalled it. Thinking that I had solved my issue, I went on and kept doing what I do on my computer....but more crashes have happened.

Now when a crash happens, I get the blue screen of death with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with no code (except for 0xc000000f later on) and it is telling me it will save the log files or something and that it will restart when it's done.

HINT: it never does. It stays at 0%. I have to shut down manually by holding the power button.

After I restart my PC, I can :

• load in normal mode, but once I reach the desktop and my mouse is showing me that something is still in process,
      • my pc usually crashes again after a few seconds.
      • When it does not crash for an unknown reason to me, my mouse buttons are not working anymore but it can move. I found out that when I open my mouse's software (Logitech assistant G-hub), I have lost all my profiles but now the buttons are working without me doing anything more than having opened the software. That is a mystery to me.
    • load in safe mode without any errors at all.

Knowing that I can load in safe mode without any issues, I know that my problem is software related. I was suspecting Windows Update at one point and made a post here asking for help. I was told to download a microsoft tool that allowed me to ignore certain updates, which I did ignore all the updates available to me at this time. It is important to know that this software tool was not showing me one update that Windows Update wanted me to. Which one you ask me? Intel Corporation !

Note that everytime I got the uncorrectable error, I could usually not load in normal mode, so I was using the System Restore to allow me to use my computer normally.

At one point, I couldn't even use restore point, even the ones that were working before. So I have come to the conclusion that I could reinitialize my windows with my personal files saved – which failed to work. I couldn't even reach 1% that it was stopping. I had no choice but to format my whole drive. Now I have a fresh Windows 10 installed, all updates and drivers are up to date. I have a handful of programs installed on my C:\ drive (G-hub included). My PC still crashed after downloading Visual Studio. It was asking me to restart my PC to complete the installation but it crashed again.

So here are the steps I did today :

• Did a memtest with the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool : no problems.
    • Checked the events viewer : not much to see, except
      • critical errors telling me that windows closed abnormally
      • and this (critical) error (which is new since the fresh install of Windows 10): The device HID-compliant headset (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem. My headset is HyperX Cloud 2 and is working properly...
    • Cleared CMOS
    • Checked if all lights and fans were working in my PC tower.
    • Checked the task manager to see if my ram was indeed 16 gbs, if my processor/ram/ssd were working normally (% usage)
    • Disabled all softwares on startup : don't really know if it worked but after a few restarts, nothing happened yet.
      • For some reason now, some icons in my start menu are blank. I am talking about Steam, git and greenshot... I don't understand why because I can load them without any errors. They work fine.
    • Enabled G-hub software just to see if that particular software causes the crash, but did not test yet.

Activé = Enabled |||| Désactivé = Disabled​

WHEA uncorrectable error (long term issue) 9b5b97d7-2dba-42bc-89e3-1ae3d2325133?upload=true.png

After posting this I will :

• Restart my computer and see if G-hub might be the problem.
    • Unmount my PC and remount all my components back in place.

In all that process, I noticed that my BIOS version was old as 2015. I wonder if updating my BIOS would work? Also, the images below are showing my PC stats and all the softwares I have installed since the fresh windows installation. Of those softwares, only Speccy, Visual Studio, Office suite 365, Logitech G-hub and Windows update assistant are installed on my C:\ drive.

WHEA uncorrectable error (long term issue) b6007080-f792-4163-af7c-d04013ac619d?upload=true.png

WHEA uncorrectable error (long term issue) bd4200a1-e48f-4ca1-8c07-0acc8e6c86ff?upload=true.png

:)

#pensum, Dec 13, 2019
  2. Jan Hric Win User

whea uncorrectable error

I get whea uncorrectable error immediately when i turn my pc on and it restart the pc to get the whea uncorrectable error again and again.

Jan Hric, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Jan Del Win User
    WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

Hi, Andrea.

The reason why your PC shuts down suddenly is because the computer protect itself from data loss. We suggest checking this
    link for the troubleshooting steps on how to resolve the error message
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR that you're experiencing on your PC.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Jan Hric Win User

whea uncorrectable error

no it don work the safe mode it stil give me the whea uncorrectable error

Jan Hric, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

1. WHEA uncorrectable error (long term issue) - Similar Threads - WHEA uncorrectable error

2. WHEA Uncorrectable Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA Uncorrectable Error: Hello,Issue: I receive BSOD - WHEA_Uncorrectable_error consistently running routine programs Chrome, low intensity video games, etc. Background/ContextI recently installed a Ryzen 9 5900X and Noctua NH-U14S to upgrade my computer.I upgraded my BIOS but received BSOD errors,...
  3. WHEA Uncorrectable Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA Uncorrectable Error: Hello,Issue: I receive BSOD - WHEA_Uncorrectable_error consistently running routine programs Chrome, low intensity video games, etc. Background/ContextI recently installed a Ryzen 9 5900X and Noctua NH-U14S to upgrade my computer.I upgraded my BIOS but received BSOD errors,...
  4. WHEA uncorrectable error

WHEA uncorrectable error: I started getting this error on my computer a few weeks ago and can't figure out what's causing it or how to make it stop. I've read several forums and have been through multiple trouble shooting steps and so far nothing has helped. Even after reinstalling windows the error...
  5. Whea Uncorrectable Error

Whea Uncorrectable Error: Hello, I've reseated my RAM, wiped my pc and clean installed windows 5 times, reset my motherboard, updated my drivers and pretty much anything else you get told to do by google and I still keep crashing from this error. It seems to only happen if I have a web browser open....
  6. WHEA Uncorrectable Error

WHEA Uncorrectable Error: Helo, I recently bought a new computer but i did not get a new graphic card so im still using the RX 580, but other components are completly new and this is all of them : PSU : Fractral Design ION+ 860 W CPU : Ryzen 5900x MOBA : MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM : G.SKILL TridentZ Royal...
  7. WHEA uncorrectable error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHEA uncorrectable error: My laptop keeps appear this error in this few weeks, is it about hardware problem or software? Since my laptop surface laptop is only 3 years old, I don't hope that it is about hardware problem....
  8. whea uncorrectable error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    whea uncorrectable error: hey all, after fresh windows 10 USB media creation tool install on my hp envy 13t link to the support page here, i have been experiencing this error. i have tried re-installing windows, updating drivers, firmware, bios, etc. i had 0 issues with this laptop until i...
  9. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR: I have a problem with shutting down my PC. I get STOPCODE: WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR How to solve it? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whea-uncorrectable-error/507db6f8-e6e3-4dcb-99b9-e0abaed2571a
  10. Long term BSOD WHEA

Long term BSOD WHEA: Long term problem with crashing, over a year, updated from win 8.1 to 10 in an effort to correct it, to no avail. First crash happened while watching video in in the Chrome browser. Crashes did not happen using the internet explorer browser. Videos in the steam app,...