Windows 10: WHEA uncorrectable error Win 10, bugcheck 124, ASUS laptop Eee VX6S

Discus and support WHEA uncorrectable error Win 10, bugcheck 124, ASUS laptop Eee VX6S in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't know how I got off on that ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO board, sorry. I do see now that you have the latest BIOS for your EeePC. All I can suggest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dreamt12, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Ztruker Win User

WHEA uncorrectable error Win 10, bugcheck 124, ASUS laptop Eee VX6S

I don't know how I got off on that ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO board, sorry. I do see now that you have the latest BIOS for your EeePC.

All I can suggest is to try some of the older drivers for the video card. You have already tried the latest including the Crimson and you still have the problem. Nothing newer available so the only way to go is older, at least for now.

I suggest completely uninstalling the display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then install latest driver for you card.

Then do a custom install of only the graphics driver. No Catalyst Control Center or other additions, a minimum custom install.

See if that gets rid of the problem.

Repeat for older drivers and see if you can find one that's stable for you.

Ztruker, Jan 7, 2017
  2. dreamt12 Win User

Hi, Rich,
    I've already tried DDU though I went back to do a clean install of the latest AMD drivers.
    That didn't help. I backed up the partition with Acronis True Image, and then tried to format the C: drive and do a clean W10 install (since this one was an upgrade).
    I have to say that after numerous attempts (I had to convert the entire drive to GPT first) I still cannot install windows as this darn PC just hangs at various stages, sometimes during the installer load, sometimes somewhere after copying the files. So I have a feeling that something else is faulty here, however I need to pinpoint what.
    If you can suggest a good hardware testing suit that I can run from DOS/Mini Win or etc. would be great. I already have several Multiboot repair images (DLC, MOBSCENE21's, HirenBootCD 15.2). What would be best is the latest Eurosoft PC-Check, but these guys are too damn expensive.

dreamt12, Jan 7, 2017
  3. dreamt12 Win User
    Hi, Rich,
    Additionally to my comment above I forgot to tell you that now during the installation when it doesn't hang on "copying files 0%", it crashes at the same stage with KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

However there is no driver indicated in that error and the hard drive is pretty much empty.
    I haven't checked the hidden partitions yet (hoping to find some dump files there), but on the partition (I repartitioned the drive) there's no dump files just 4 folders with some temp stuff.

Pretty frustrating this laptop is *Smile

dreamt12, Jan 7, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

I had a lot of trouble doing a clean install of Win 10 on a EeePC last year. I don't remember what I did to solve it but I know it can be done. I may have had to create a 450MB primary partition then a primary C: partition. With a 320GB hard drive you may or may not want to create a D: partition too.

First, I would try Follow this tutorial: Windows 10 - Clean Install

The above includes deleting all existing partition until you end up with one, un-partitioned drive. When you click Next, the install will create the partitions it needs then do the install.

Ztruker, Jan 8, 2017
  5. dreamt12 Win User
    Forgot to post an answer for this thread when I finally was able to resolve the issue.
    The issue appeared to be a faulty USB3.0 ports/controller.
    Once I've stopped using them and instead used the USB2.0 port I was able to use the computer normally - reinstall Windows 10, drivers, ran tests, benchmark and stress tests - all worked well.
    The moment you connect a device to a USB3 port - it crashes with the WHEA error.
    So my solution is to use a port replicator/USB replicator or some other USB card if more ports are needed.

dreamt12, Jan 29, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Good, glad to hear that.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WHEA uncorrectable error Win 10, bugcheck 124, ASUS laptop Eee VX6S - Similar Threads - WHEA uncorrectable error

2. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR on Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR on Dell laptop: Hi, Inspiron 15 3520, i5-1235U, 32GB RAM, Windows 11 but upgraded from 10 where I had also this same problem I have huge problem with bluescreens. I have already tried every solution foundon YouTube or Dell Support Pages. I have chcecked with Dell Support Service my machine...
  3. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR 124 which hardware is bad?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR 124 which hardware is bad?: It seems WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR 124 is almost always a hardware issue. Is there anyway to determine which piece of hardware? Or do I have to go purchase a second PSU and second CPU and second set of RAM just to figure it out?DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused...
  4. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR 124 which hardware is bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR 124 which hardware is bad?: It seems WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR 124 is almost always a hardware issue. Is there anyway to determine which piece of hardware? Or do I have to go purchase a second PSU and second CPU and second set of RAM just to figure it out?DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused...
  5. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR 124 which hardware is bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. WHEA Uncorrectable Error on ASUS GL503GE Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA Uncorrectable Error on ASUS GL503GE Laptop: Hello, I have recently been experiencing random crashes on my ASUS GL503 GE laptop. The Windows Version is Windows 10 Pro Build 19044.1526The error shown is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I reinstalled Windows but the problem persists. Here is the link to a crash minidump...
  7. WHEA Uncorrectable Error on ASUS GL503GE Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA Uncorrectable Error on ASUS GL503GE Laptop: Hello, I have recently been experiencing random crashes on my ASUS GL503 GE laptop. The Windows Version is Windows 10 Pro Build 19044.1526The error shown is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I reinstalled Windows but the problem persists. Here is the link to a crash minidump...
  8. WHEA Uncorrectable Error on ASUS GL503GE Laptop

9. WHEA Uncorrectable Error on ASUS Vivobook

WHEA Uncorrectable Error on ASUS Vivobook: Hello, I had a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSoD this morning. I ran chkdsk and it didn't seem to find any problems. I had recently reset my BIOS to default on the advice of an ASUS technician who I called about my PC rebooting when I plugged in/unplugged it. I also just...
  10. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR 124 while using Excel

WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR 124 while using Excel: Hi all, I have encountered a problem while using Excel with my newly built computer a few month back. While I am using Excel to compute some formula, it suddenly freeze. I restarted the computer and found minidump generated. Taking reference from this link, I run an analysis...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus whea uncorrectable error 124 windows 10

2. asus laptop bsod whea_uncorrectable_error